Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 07:55 PM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #38

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #38

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

LBS DOWN FRIDAY : POST YOUR LBS LOST FOR THE WEEK ON FRIDAY AND I WILL COMPILE THEM AND POST THEM TOGETHER WITH OUR LBS DOWN
Old 11-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #2  

POINTS WRAP UP!

Dorothy:

Julie: Get a personal pan pizza. They are not bad fat and calorie wise. That is what I always do with just veggies on it. Also, the pudgie brownies are really great. I made them in a glass pie plate and cut them in to pie triangles, froze 2 sets of 2 and then had 2 for dinner for us with a scoop of lowfat ice cream each. I have to tell you that I am really happy with the recipes etc and I am eating less and enjoying it more! Maybe because Jack and I are doing it together, you think? Anyway, they come in several flavors, original, cappucino and mint is what Krogers had. I would recommend them and all that goes in them is a carton of vanilla yogurt and I even bought ff yogurt so the calories were even less. Oh, if you find that the batter seems to be crumbly instead of "gluey" add just a tad bit of water and mix until smooth and shiny. It will be really thick, but I found that the carton of yogurt wasn't enough to mix it well so I added just a little water to it. It would be great with ff cool whip too or even some slice strawberries. I also bought some organic spaghetti sauce that was really low in fat.

Well, there is a movie just coming on I want to see so ttfn!

Faye
Old 11-08-2003, 08:02 PM   #3  

Hello,

Sorry about the name mix ups...I'm still learnin'

I'm having the best weekend in a long time, health wise. for the last while I got in the habbit of not exercising and eating terribly and trying to make up for it durring the week (mostly because I had been to my parent's house and visiting friends). But I've gotten some exercise and its 5 and I've already gotten my water quota Well I'm off to find dinner.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:28 AM   #4  

SUNDAY: Today is SIlly Poll Sunday. Here is your poll for this week!

You now have come up in the world and can get live in help. Which would you choose?

Nanny, Chauffeur, Cook, Maid, Valet, Personal Shopper, Stylist, Massage Therapist, or Makeup artist?

Check back in later when everyone is up!

Faye
Old 11-09-2003, 10:58 AM   #5  

Morning!
MASSAGE THERAPIST PLEASE!!!!

Well, Pizza Hut bit the big one! The service was terrible, they forgot to send us our mozarella sticks (which was the only thing I really wanted to eat there anyway). So, I had two pieces of a supreme pizza and then came home and had some low cal pumpkin custard that I'd made before we left. So, I'm sure I was over on calories......but I did get my water and exercise, so 2 pts anyway. Today should be better. We're having company over after fighter practice. Already have a nice beef/barley soup in the crockpot and some whole wheat Italian herb bread in the bread machine. Just gotta pick up some salad stuff, and we'll have a feast!

Hey, Sandy how did you like the leeks & bacon? (At least I "THINK" it was sandy that said she was gonna try it.)

Well, gotta go.......dd's have to get to another birthday party.

Julie
Old 11-09-2003, 12:03 PM   #6  

Morning ladies,
I got 3 pts for Friday, didn't get my water
3 pts for Sat, didn't exercise because I hurt my knee on Fri!

Was proud of myself last night, didn't binge eat while sitting at home on the night that was to have been a big date. I didn't do anything productive with my tjme, but I didn't spend it eating either. My son was away all day at a band competition, didn't get home till late.

I am taking my son to the movies today, gotta see The Matrix, Revolutions. Wish me luck in staying away from the popcorn---huge weakness.

For our poll, I would grab the massage therapist and never let go! It would be wonderful to have a back/shoulder rub any time I wanted!

Have a terrific day!
Judy
Old 11-09-2003, 12:06 PM   #7  

points points points point

Julie:
me:

I think I would like to have a chauffeur. I hate anyone cleaning my house, I like to cook, and for the other things, I think I would go to them instead of having them in house.

I have finally finished all the recipes and menus for the month for Jack and I ! Whew, what a job but I am glad it is done.

I am going to go and check on Jack as he was napping then go to the nail salon and get my nails done and go to Walwarts.

Faye
Old 11-09-2003, 12:46 PM   #8  

oooo Massage.....I would take that 1st no matter what. Boy do I need it! 2nd I'd take the Chauffeur because well...I don't have a car or licence and I think my friends are tired of driving me around

4 points for yesterday! I was a good Girl and controled my portions very well. I've taken to eating smaller amounts throughout the day as opposed to 3 big meals. I just take out a little something, like a yogurt etc., when I feel hunger coming on and it satisfies me for a few hours when I eat another little something.

Judy: Good luck avoiding that popcorn. I can be the same way.

Faye: Congrats on finishing the menu for the month. That must have been one heck of a job.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:23 PM   #9  
I Can and I Will

Hello BEAUTIFULS..... Yes Julie iot was me who said i was going to try the leeks and bacon... havent gotten to the grocery store yet tho...lol I will let u know when i do try them tho.. it sounds soooo yummy.. and i love leeks. For thanksgiving every year i make a pumpkin and leek soup.. it is soooo good... i always eat that first then i dont got crazy on the stuffing... thats my fav next to the soup.
all 4 yesterday and for today as well... i am making a new recipe for meatballs so we are having that and veggies and biscuts for dinner. I will eat the veggies and meatballs... no biscuts... TOM came today so i am kinda lagging a bit... tired and dont relaly feel like doing much... so i am not. lol I will check back later... have a fab night ladies.. remember to take care of u... the poll... massage therapist all the way man... LOL love you all...

Sandy
Old 11-09-2003, 05:54 PM   #10  

Hi Faye I'm still here, been out of town at my DD drill meet. They didn't fare too well, only 1 trophy,and it was for 5th place. Long story i'll share another day. I've been doing good on everything except my water intake last few days. I tried, but been very busy. Thanks to everyone for all the support. HI Zoli and welcome!
Sandy can you share that pumpkin custard recipe??? Faye where are those pudgie brownies found? Got to get for now,
Lisa
Old 11-09-2003, 08:54 PM   #11  

Evening Chickadees,

Welcome Zoli!!! Hope you come and post often with us. Too pooped out to write much have had full weekend. Off tomorrow and will catch up in the am, then back to work in the bathroom with my remodeling project.

Check you chicks out later
Old 11-10-2003, 07:55 AM   #12  

Morning Ladies,

Well, the kids have today and tomorrow off from school and I've got tons to do. So, 2 points for yesterday....went a bit overboard on the homemade bread, so no o/p for me. Though I didn't totally sabotage anything.

Talk to you all later,
Julie
Old 11-10-2003, 08:03 AM   #13  

WRAP UP POINTS FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY:

Susan
SandyB

Good morning ladies and boy is it good for me! Just since last Thur when I started those menus and changed his diet and fitting mine into it, I have lost 5 lbs and it isn't even Friday yet!

Lisa: Found those in the baking aisle at Krogers. They have a little pink pig on them I think.

I have an unusual WTG that is sort of food related. One of the recipes that was SUPPOSED to be lowfat for my husband was an orange game hen. I was looking at the recipe yesterday and to my horror one prepared hen was like 1400 cal and like 800 fat cal! I talked to Jack about what he thought I should do as they were already thawed out in the fridge from the day before. He said he trusted my judgement to do whatever I want. I SAID TO HECK WITH THE MONEY AND THREW THEM IN THE TRASH! I fixed him a lowfat shrimp scampi over rice with green beans instead!

I am going to try and get outside or over to the mall (which is probably a better idea because if something happens with Jack I would have the car close by) and walk today.

Well need to do those pesky morning chores and get some breakfast for us.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 11-10-2003 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:14 AM   #14  

Morning fellow Chickies!!

pts for weekend: 3 for Saturday, went to mom's for birthday dinner for 2 of my cousins. I behaved!! no cake for me no exercise though, did 3 days last week, will just try for one more, doing 4 this week. FAYE, DID YOU HEAR ME, I SAID I AM DOING 4, STAY ON ME NOW!! Pts for Sunday: 3 pts, good food weekend, water, water, water, I have developed what I feel is a kidney stone, have not had too much pain, but several months ago went through 2 rounds of antibiotics, and still have had sediment (coffe ground type emesis) in my urine, and now seeing some signs of blood. (dried), any one ever have similar problem. It is concerning me because it has been going on for a while now. Do not have appt with Dr till 12/31, may go back much sooner, he is on vacation this week or I would go. Hopefully it will pass if that is what it is. Maybe drinking TOO MUCH!! DONT KNOW.

ZOLI, OHHHHHHHHH ZOLI, COME BACK NOW YOU HERE!!

Silly Poll Sunday......Can I have 2?? A personal stylist and a make-up artist!!! That would be heavenly!!!

Mirabelly, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh homemade bread. I love it!! Just the smell of it!! unfortunately the taste too. Do not do any sweets whatsoever, but, cant give up my bread.

Lisa, Sandyb, and Susan, hi gals!!! Have a great day!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:02 AM   #15  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS!

Julie:
Pam:
Me:

SandyB: These are really really good if you want to be able to eat a biscuit or two. I changed the sugar to Splenda, the shortening to margarine and took out the salt. They came out great and Jack had turkey sausage and biscuits yesterday morning with them. They are pretty tasty even with the changes!

LOWFAT BISCUITS:

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon Splenda
2 tablespoons lowfat margarine
1 cup low fat buttermilk
Method:
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. and spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray. Sift together flour, baking powder and set aside.
1. Mix flour together with baking powder, baking soda, and Splenda and sift into a medium size bowl.
2. Using a pastry cutter or wire whisk, cut shortening into flour until the mixture becomes the consistency of fine crumbs. Pour buttermilk into dry ingredients all at ounce and mix together with a fork. As soon as mixture holds together, turn out onto a floured work surface and knead lightly.
3. Roll dough gently out into a ½ -inch thickness and cut into 2 ½-inch rounds with a floured cutter.
4. For crustier biscuits, place rounds about 1-inch apart on baking sheet. For softer sides, place biscuits touching or ¼ -inch apart. Dust tops lightly with flour and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
Yield 14 servings at approximately 70 calories; 2.2 gram total fat; .05 saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 15.5 grams carbohydrate; 0 dietary fiber; 2.4 grams protein; 192 milligrams sodium

I have to run. Jack sprained his back and my heating pad has disappeared so I have to go and get one.

Faye
Closed Thread