Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 06:23 PM   #1  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Smile Finally Back on Plan!!!!

Hello ladies (and gentlemen)!! I had to write and say I am finally back on plan! I have found something I can stick with - the Michel Montignac plan (the only link I could find online is http://www.montignac-intl.com/En/mm1en.html). It basically eliminates sugar and bad carbs from your diet, although you do not count calories or fat or carbs. You can eat tons, and it does not restrict fruits or vegetables the way Atkins does (although certain ones you stay away from like carrots and corn, you can eat beans etc.) I have the book in Word format if anyone wants to read it, just PM me with your email address.

I have been 100% OP for 6 days now, I don't think I have ever made it this long cheat-free before. Literally I can already see a difference in my clothes, although I am avoiding the scale cause scales are evil. I am a size 16, and my goal is to get back into some of my size 14s by xmas, which I hope is doable. If nothing else, I plan to see what happens and just enjoy watching the changes in my body.

I am in the middle of moving and packing (ugh! if anyone has any tips to make packing more entertaining, please let me know). Hopefully within 2 weeks, life will settle down and be back to normal. I am really excited to move into my friend's place. And I am applying for another promotion at my work (to Quality Analyst). If I get it, then I will probably stick around, if not, I am finding a new job. And if I get it, I will probably have to go to Houston for 6 weeks for training...do any of you ladies live near there? I would be so lonely by myself there for a month and a half, because I would not be able to bring my daughter with me. But the position would mean an increase of at least $14,000/yr to my salary, so I would have to suffer though not seeing my daughter for 6 weeks. That would end all of my financial worries instantly (and I could probably swing coming to the convention if there is still room for me).

So enough of my babble. I miss you all!!!
Old 11-08-2003, 06:47 PM   #2  
missaprylj

I miss you too Raelynn! I'm happy to hear that your life is back on track! Great , great, great news. I know you can do this if you set yourself up for success. -Apryl

Old 11-08-2003, 07:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

One door closes and another opens! Hey, I'm really rooting for you and the new job. An extra $14,000 a year would be incredible. Plus the added bonus of being able to come to the convention. How cool would that be?

Great news on finding a program you can live with and being on program for a week--congratulations!
Old 11-08-2003, 09:26 PM   #4  

Hey raelynn that plan sounds alot like what i have been doing! Its great that things are looking up for you! I hope that postion come through I know 14,000 a year would put anyone on an easier street.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:38 AM   #5  
Crazy Canuck

So glad to hear from you Raelynn, especially since you sound so upbeat and motivated about everything that's happening in your life! Congrats on finding a plan you're happy with and for staying OP for 6 days already, best of luck with the move and job promotion (it would be great if you came to the convention to help fill out the sparse Canuck delegation) and best wishes in your endeavour to get into the size 14 jeans by Xmas!!

P.S. - hate to tell you...but there's NOTHING you can do to make packing entertaining unless you hire a troupe of clowns to do it for you

Last edited by Jillegal; 11-09-2003 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:50 AM   #6  

Raelynn, wow so many great things are happening and I'm so happy for you. Congratulations on finding an eating plan that works for you. I definitely think that's the key to success, finding what you can live with.

Good luck with the move, I don't think there's anything that can make it fun!
Old 11-09-2003, 10:29 AM   #7  
Searching

Happy to hear things turning around for you! Miss you too lady!

Miss Chris
Old 11-09-2003, 10:58 AM   #8  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Hi Raelynn,

Its good to get back on program! Why is it so easy to gain weight and so difficult sometimes to lose it??

Get the job and come to Chi-Town!
Old 11-10-2003, 02:45 PM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Raelynn - I'm so happy for you Chica. You deserve it.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:21 PM   #10  
Healthy and Positive!

You go girl!! Sounds like you are happy and doing great!! Keep it up!!
Old 11-11-2003, 12:31 AM   #11  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I can't wait to see how I look and feel in a month!

I applied for the position today, apparently the competition isn't that stiff, but the posting was also open in Houston, so I don't know who applied there for it. I want it so bad! lol
Closed Thread