Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-06-2003, 05:20 PM   #1  

Default Went to the Dr. yesterday

I've lost 30 pounds and I'm able to add some veggies, turkey, chicken, tuna, beans to my meals now. Of course it has to be mushed up. They took my strips off and my incisions looks great and they gave me some calendula oil to put on it.

I'm feeling great but have a pulled muscle in my shoulder blade area and it is painful even in my chest . I did see my chiropractor yesterday and will have to go back probably Monday.

I got the ok to exercise on my treadmill or cycle so I hope to start doing that
purpleroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 06:27 PM   #2  

PURPLEROSES How many weeks post op are you? Sounds like your doing good
Ditzy Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:09 PM   #3  

I'm 2 weeks post op
Old 11-07-2003, 12:35 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

30 pounds in two weeks??? i'm impressed!!!!!

So glad you got a good report from the doc. how are you feeling, other than the pulled muscle??
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 07:26 AM   #5  

I'm feeling great besides that lovely pulled muscle. I'm able to bend a bit without having any pain and move around. Each day it gets better and better.

When 10pm hits I need to go to bed, I'm pooped but I'm up at 6am.

I have a friend of mine who is having the surgery done next week and I told her that I never once wondered what have I done to myself, the whole experience has been great. I'm very happy
Old 11-08-2003, 04:03 PM   #6  

Wow you have done great! 30 lbs, and you seem so positive! I sure hope that it goes that well for me next week. You Rock! Hope the next few months keep going so good.
Ditzy Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 11:55 PM   #7  

30 lbs is wonderful. keep it up and keep us posted.
Buffy, the slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:12 PM   #8  
Cathy

Default Confused and lost

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I posted a message a while ago and I have totaly lost where it was were I posted. So here I go again.

I had my surgery on Oct 13, 04. I have been having problems eating. I know one thing I'm not getting enough of my protein drinks in. But as for food. Well let me tell you I get sick a lot. I think one problem is I drink water up until It's time for me to eat. I might even not be chewing my food enough. But I count up to 25. Beans and Tuna will not go down.

When do you know when it ist time you can start eating bread, pasta all the food i'm craving. I've been on soups a lot. I tried scolloped potatoes and pork chops last night and I got sick, Again i think it may have been because of the water. I'm tired all the time What Vitimins do you all recomend? When do you start taking pill with out crushing them? I have been taking the pill for 25 years. I have had two periods sence october 13th. My last one stoped one week ago, well it should have. I'm still going. Does anyone else have this problem. My pill is small do you think i could take the whole pill instead of curshings it and maybe that would stop things.

I'm hungry. I think it is in my head. My stomich dosen't growl like it used to. I think I just want something good to chew. A nice think sandwitch.

Well any information would be helpful

Thanks Cathy
mrscrivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:38 PM   #9  

PurpleRoses, that is awesome. It sounds like you are doing great!!!!! 30 pounds in two months, is impressive. It took me about a month and a half to loose 30 pounds.

Cathy, if you are feeling sick that often, you should probably talk to your doctor. I was having trouble holding down my food. It ended up that the opening where they reconnected my new stomach pouch was nearly closed. They had to do two endoscopies, to dialate it. I'm feeling great now and am able to eat without feeling sick or throwing everything up. I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time. I hope that you feel better soon.

Last edited by My4Monkeys; 11-12-2004 at 07:33 PM.
My4Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote