Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 08:51 AM   #1  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default Worrisome Wednesday

BBIAM to post!
Old 11-05-2003, 09:06 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jess - love the new challenge idea! It is genius! So have you tried your firm videos? I used to love Body Sculpt and hated Cardio Sculpt but discovered last week that Cardio Sculpt is FUN!

Belle - glad to hear that you are starting to feel a bit better. I'm glad to hear that you've been feeding your body what it needs. We all know that our mind/bodies can produce unhealthy cravings (chocolate) but I also believe that if we crave something like OJ or broccoli it is because our bodies need some mineral or vitamin that is in that product.

Kim - Congrats on the 1 year anniversary!

Kierie - Did you sleep yet?

Hi Angie!

Thanks to all your responses about declaring goal and not counting points for a week. You guys are the best. I'm not counting points again this week but I'm not going hog wild - just trying to make healthy choices with a few treats thrown in. I already bought a new notebook to journal in next week though! I don't have any type of dr.'s appt scheduled until next February and I've only seen my current dr. once so I don't feel as though I can call her nurse and ask for a note. Still trying to figure out how I want to handle this.

I've declared today worrisome wednesday because I'm stressing over my car. It was in the shop yesterday (CB's choice) and they say I need $2300 in repairs to make it safely driveable. I told CB I wanted a 2nd opinion (don't care for his choice in mechanics) so we brought the car to my mechanic for him to look at today. I hate waiting on stuff like this.

We are having an incredibly busy week so not having my car isn't helping. Plus most of the busy week is not social related which we could cancel. It is all family stuff (my grandparents, his nephews) or work (I picked up 2nd job shifts). Ugh!

Come out and play and tell me about your days so that I stop throwing this pity party!
Old 11-05-2003, 10:07 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Laura
To quote the beachboys and indeed my favorite song of their DOn't worry baby everything will be alllll right
3 little birds by bob marley also my destressing song
Right now I'm listening to Corrosion of Conformity its from 1994 Loud Rock music in the morning gets me up
I'm working on More papers
and I had 2 cookies this AM my club i belong to is having a bake sale and my roomies mom brought all kindsof cookies and gave me 2 black pepper raisin cookies soo good
and I have no clue about pts
heres my Q of the day I think With all my tum trauma I'm going to have a gain
right now My ego can't handle that esp with my roomie losing fast and furious So i was thinking of using my no weigh in slip tommorrow
I'm battlign depression hardcore this week and theres some fam stuff going on that i can't talk about yet In the hopes it doesnt happen I'm going to ask the leader tommorrow night if she can take a look at my journal next week and see if i'm doing something wrong
what do you gurls think weigh in or no?
Old 11-05-2003, 10:36 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Kierie - Sorry that you've been dealing with family issues on top of not feeling well and studying like a mad woman. I vote that you use your no weigh pass. While it is important that we have a realistic idea of how our eating affects our weight to be successful in losing, it is equally important that we treat ourselves kindly when we are blue or stressed.

I have been on a quest to find out other peoples good news so that I don't worry myself to death. This is what I've found so far....one of my closest girlfriends is making final selections on the house she's building, CB's brother passed the bar exam, and another girlfriend is car shopping (good news because she has a crappy car and two little girls - safe transportation is a must!).

What good news can you share with me?
Old 11-05-2003, 12:42 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Laura if you want a fantastic laugh and you have real one player watch the video by the Darkness for I believe in a thing called love
You will laugh your arse off
Old 11-05-2003, 03:43 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Hey, did anyone ever find out what happend to Stacey and Trish? How about Jen2?

Wierd....into cyberspace....
Old 11-05-2003, 06:31 PM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hello girlies ...

Just popping in to say hi! I didn't go to the trial today, and I feel more relaxed. I'm back there tomorrow, though. I'm just looking forward to this weekend and going away with DH!

Kierie: I hope things are looking a little brighter! What are black pepper raisin cookies, by the way? I've never heard of those. I wouldn't go weigh-in either. When I'm depressed, weighing in tends to depress me more because it's times like those I know I don't eat right.

Laura: Good luck with the car!

Belle: Hey! I feel like we haven't chatted in ages. How are you? I have no idea what happened to Stacey, Jen2 and Trish. Are you lurking, girls?

I had a nice little surprise today. I found an old childhood friend of mine on the Internet, emailed him and heard back from him. He was like a big brother to me growing up, but we eventually lost tough after my parents divorced and I entered the life of an Army brat. We exchanged letters on and off until my first year of college, but that was the last I heard from him ... almost 10 years ago. He's married with a 2-year-old little boy, and I was just so excited to hear from him. I had the biggest crush on him when I was little. I'm hoping we can get together when I'm next up in Connecticut in December.

On the eating front, I've been doing awful. Haven't been to WW in more than a month. Work completely kept me from going. I got on the scale this morning and was surprised that it was the weight it was ... I was sure I had gained back the 10 lbs I lost this last go-around. It at least gave me hope. But I need to be careful. I've been creeping back in the world of regular soda and candy bars from the machine. Must stop!

Well, I'm outta here. Have a good night!
Closed Thread