Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 09:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Talking Angel's November Better Body Challenge

Hello Everyone! I hope all is well!

Let's Change this forum a little bit this month. I am really needing to focus on some things. So this month lets post 2 goals that we really want to work on (can be exercise, water, not eating sweets, whatever you need it to be) and then post each day how we are doing on each one.

We can still talk about all the other things we have going in life but this is important.

Now for those who are new and might want to join us.... We are a group of ladies that are all doing stuff a little diffrently than each other but are here to support each other through think and thin. We lift each other up. .

Come Join Us!
Old 11-03-2003, 10:03 PM   #2  

Ok Ladies- Lets get this month going!

My 2 goals for the month:

[COLOR=red] Goal #1: Drink 10 Glasses of water a day!

Goal #2: Walk 10 Miles a week![COLOR]

Real Estate School is going good... my 2nd final is next monday and then I have my last class.... I am enjoying it and really getting it which is great!... I hope this really kicks off for me! I am just really stressed and tired right now with everything that is going on with work and school. I am hoping that all this stress will be done soon!

This weekend I was very productive. I cleaned out the attic on Saturday. It took about 5 hours. Then on Sunday I cleaned out my closet which took about 7 hours. I am trying to get ready for a garage sale that I am having in 2 weeks. I am so ready to get rid of all this junk!

How is everyone else doing? How is fall treating you?
Old 11-04-2003, 01:15 AM   #3  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile Ok, I'm here with you, Angel!

Hi there Angel, thanks for starting up the November thread. I've been pretty quiet but am thinking I really do want to make some progress this month and especially by year end. But this month too because the end of the month is a big race here and lots of people from overseas come and there are receptions and so and I'd like to be feeling good about myself at them.

I do two of the challenges on this forum, the 21-day and the weekly so there's a lot of structure to my days (or that's the goal) but yes, I'd like to come here and post a kind of daily progress report without feeling like I've failed (as I do on the challenges because they're more rigid). So, my two goals to focus on this week are
Goal 1: planning, recording and evaluating my eating as it pertains to my eating goal which is to have 5 mini meals a day totalling about 1800 calories. This is really what my weekly challenge is too but that changes by the week. This I want to continue longterm, so the month time period is good. The other goal, Goal 2: will be to work on gaining more flexibility through stretching or yoga, some sort of conscious effort each day, even if it's just a bit. I am so tight that I find yoga tapes depressing. I really want to become more flexible.

Ok, that's it from me. It's Nov. 4 here already. I'll try to check in each day. Hope to see lots of you and the others.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:38 PM   #4  

Hello Everyone!
I am still among the living. Things are just so crazy here anymore. My 2 year old is in the process of giving up naps so that cuts out a lot of my computer time.

Well I guess I should report I lost a 1.25 last week. But I am pretty sure I have already gained that back. I want all of this Halloween Candy out of my house! But I am still under goal.

My goals for this month is to cut back on sweets and to keep up my exercise at least 5 days a week. I hope I can do those they don't seem to difficult!

Angel glad your class is going so well! When do you think you will start your new job?

Red hope you meet your goal so you can feel really special!

Everyone else hope all is well and I will try to see you soon!

Beth
Old 11-04-2003, 01:32 PM   #5  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hello Everyone!

Well, it's become fairly obvious to me that my present state of health isn't going to let me do Medifast. I'm still having chronic migraines and nausea. I am wondering if I might have developed an allergy to the chocolate in the drink -- on days I don't fast, I don't have headaches.

So this morning, I decided that rather than do nothing about my weight at all -- I would switch diets temporarily. I joined Weight Watchers (online) for three months and am going to go with that (I'll do longer if it works out for me).

If it doesn't work -- I'll wait a few months and try Medifast again. I don't know what else to do.

As for monthly goals... I don't have a specific pound amount in mind. I will be satisfied as long as there is a consistent downward trend.

I'll drink 2 liters of water a day too.

I'm not starting the diet until tomorrow (I have to shop first and get some stuff organized. But as of tomorrow....I am going to switch gears for a few months.

Hope you all have a great diet day!

Rainbowmyst

Old 11-04-2003, 01:37 PM   #6  

My 2 goals

1.exercise
2.exercise more.......what I`m I talking about more I have not gotton off my butt to begin with!I need to fin some fun easy exercise to do

I just have to put my mind to it!!
Old 11-04-2003, 03:59 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for joining me for another month in this journey!

Red- You never fail if you get back up! We are here to support you! Maybe try Pilates if you can.... That is great for stretching

Beth- The Terrible 2's!!!! I was actually pretty lucky my kids werent terrible during that time.... dd was just clingy.... I would have to clean my house with her between my legs the whole time!

Rainbow- I had a friend that had done the fasting thing and also started having migraines about 2 months into it.... I dont know what that means but think it is interesting that both of you have had the same issues.... maybe they are made with alot of soy - I have heard of people getting migraines from too much soy.... That is really great that you didnt just give up but decided to change your apporach- that is what it is all about!!!!

Michelle- WELCOME!!!! I am so with you on the exercise....I used to be so deligent about it but have completely fallen off the wagon lately! So we gotta get moving together!

Well- I havent done much of anything yet today.... I am going to try to walk tonight!

I am hoping to start Real Estate in January! I am ready to start now! Just have to finish my classes and get my license.

I hope everyone else is doing great! Talk to you soon!
Old 11-05-2003, 06:21 AM   #8  
Never give up

Smile ok, doing ok

Just a flyby to report in. Yesterday I was pretty on schedule or rather adhering to the guidelines I'd set up. I didn't do any stretching though except for a bit before exercising. Well, I guess that is stretching. Today (Wednesday) I really ate to schedule but didn't eat enough. Got sidetracked and don't have much of an appetite these days. I am now going to go and do some stretches. You people are keeping me accountable. I'll talk more later. Thanks for being there!!
Old 11-05-2003, 11:13 AM   #9  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hi Everyone!

Today I began the Weight Watcher's online program. This appears to be so easy (probably because the fasting is so hard that the fact that I'm eating seems like abundance by comparison!)

Nevertheless, I managed to figure out a five point breakfast. It was pretty filling. I think I'll do okay on this program.

Even though the program is online there's a meeting place a few blocks from my daughter's high school, so on the way home from dropping her off, I got myself a digital flexpoints calculator, a new digital food scale and a couple of books listing the points. Although the online has all these look-up features, I really think I need something I can toss in my purse too. Otherwise, I won't know where I'm at or what to do when I leave the house.

So far, it's ten o'clock in the morning and I do not have a migraine. So I think I'm on the right track in guessing that I've developed an allergy to the other stuff. Luckily if I got "sensitized", I'll probably evenutally get "desensitized" at some point. Since I've signed up for a three month commitment to this program, I'm just going to be doing this until the end of January. I'll make further decisions then.

I have no clue what to expect in terms of weight loss -- it's been years since I've tried a Weight Watcher's program (at least eighteen or so) and I recall I did well on it the first time but the program was much different. So I guess I'm going to be learning what to expect as I go along and I'll just hope for the best.

Hope you are all having a good diet day!

Rainbowmyst
Old 11-05-2003, 02:25 PM   #10  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

What a great idea ANGEL! I'll try my best to chime in when I can - I have been taking on allot these days

I am back at my Curves after being away almost three weeks (off & on - I would go back for a day thinking & wanting to be ready and then would find out in pain that I wasn't ) Not only did I have a severe sprain to my ankle, but I got very ill with a Diverticulitis attack. Now all is well and I am back in the swing of things!!! October was a harsh month for me, but maybe now it's all behind me.

I did find out that I lost another 3 lbs and 10 inches when I went back to Curves Nov 3rd (Mon) - yeah! Now to keep it going... I have lost a total of 15 1/2 lbs all together since July/2003. I know it's not much in that amount of time, but at least I am not putting on those pounds in that time. Maybe now that I am back into working out again I will see better results.

Anyway, to get to my GOALS!

*Goal 1* To workout 5 days a week instead of just the 3 I go to Curves. I have an elliptical machine and don't use it nearly enough!

*Goal 2* To get in at least 8 glasses of water or decaf tea a day... I just do not drink nearly enough - never have.

*Goal 3* My diet! Try to make better choices!!! I too have way too much Halloween candy in my house (peanutbutter cups! Oh my gosh good! Just the smell alone sets me off on a eating frenzy ) So I really want to get back on my South Beach program - that's when I felt my best!

So there ya go... Good to see you Angel - I missed you!! So glad to hear that all is going so well with your Real Estate Classes, hope you get your license real soon!

Hello's to everyone!!!
I wish you all well on reaching your goals!!!!
We can do it - the strength is in numbers
Old 11-05-2003, 02:35 PM   #11  

Talking

Wanted to let you all know that I did begin a new thread myself... just in case you want to have a look-see here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...962#post482962

Thought it may help us stay on the best side of life... don't worry if you don't have the same belief's as I do - just chime on in
Old 11-05-2003, 03:05 PM   #12  

Hello Ladies!
Good to see a lot of people back and some newbies. I am hanging in here. I had my blood test today so hopefully all goes well I still feel very tired this week. I was going to nap but opted to play on the computer instead. I may regret my decision later.
I am going to be pretty busy the next couple of days. But I will be thinking of you all and hope that you do well! I have some things to do before work so I must run.

See ya!

Beth
Old 11-05-2003, 03:38 PM   #13  
Never give up

Red face working it out

Hello, I did some stretching last night. I am so tight it's unbelievable but I'm not going to get any more flexible unless I work with the tightness, right? I need to make more room in my tiny room though as I can't really do much in the space I have. It's Thursday morning now and I'm going to make this another good day!

beth, how are you? Good to see you with us again. I've been pretty out of it too. Thanks for the encuragement. Yes, I want to feel like I don't have to hide the fat around my waist behind my suit jacket at these receptions coming up! Thanks for reminding me. I think I'll put up a sign in my room because I forget so easily. Last year I got a lot of compliments but I change so easily and I think I'm worse off than last year at this moment but I've got a good two and a half weeks so up and at 'em!! Good luck on your cutting back on sweets. What sort of exercise do you like to do?

rainbowmyst, hello there to you too! I'm so glad to hear you're switching strategies instead of giving up or getting bummed out about things. I'm sorry to hear about all the health problems you were having but you must realize your body is trying to protect itself (YOU!) and it was screaming for you to listen. I think the WW program is a good sound one and though it won't give fast results it'll give lasting ones. It WILL work if you work with it, honestly and by really giving it a fair go. I went to WL when I was a teenager and I enjoyed the support, the having to be accountable to the weekly meetings. But when I started goofing off I no longer looked forward to the meetings, kind of like being prepared for a test or not being prepared. Good luck to you!

michelle, good luck on your goals. Have you thought of what kind of exercise you'd like to do?

Angel26, yes, I absolutely hate to fail! This is where my pride does me well. I know people keep praising pilates and I have attempted to get into it but I find it so utterly boring I feel like crying. I have two tapes though and I guess if I can just memorize the exercises I can do them at my pace even if that's too fast and then eventually slow down. I have an Ana Caban one that makes me feel depressed because I can't even get my leg straight up and she's there making it look like a cinch. I also have the the Pilates for Dummies video and that shows some beginner moves but it takes forever with the explanation. I think that's the one I'll learn from and then do the exercises on my own. Right now I have an a.m. yoga tape from Rodney Yee (name?) memorized and I do that as a stretching routine. It's not much but I will do it and that's the important thing. You really sound to be doing well with the real estate. I know how much studying is involved as I took and passed the Penna. exam years and years ago when I was 18. I never used the license though and then I left the States. My mother was in real estate and I did some clerical work at her office. I did enjoy it and it is both motivating and frustrating work but there is the chance of making a lot of money and that is definitely a great motivation!
Old 11-05-2003, 03:41 PM   #14  

Talking

Hi again ANGEL ~ I feel so goofy I didn't realize you had on-going threads of "Better Body Challenge" each month...

better late then never I guess
Old 11-05-2003, 06:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone, It feels like I have been away forever again. If it isn’t one thing it’s another.
I cant remember if I posted In October’s thread about what was going on with me, but my dad was in the hospital, He was having kidney failure, (both kidneys) He is 100% better now, and he was released from the hospital yesterday. SO now maybe I can get some normalcy back into my life again.

OK, for startes.. My 2 Goals.
#1 increase my cardio exercises.. I seem to do better when I do more cardio exercises.
#2 Drink at least 100 Oz of water every day.

Angel, I’m glad to hear that your Real Estate school is going well. I’m sure you will do as well on this 2nd final as you did on your first.

Redballon, I’m with you, I’d like to be more flexible too, I guess I have never thought about Yoga though.

Rainbow, have you talked to your Dr about the symptoms that you are having when you drink the medifast? I hope that whatever it is you look into it. You may be right, it may be an allergic reaction. Certain foods are known to cause migraines, so maybe there is an ingredient in the drink that is causing it.

Michelle, welcome to our group. I’m with you and Angel, I need to get re-motivated and start exercising more. We can keep each other all motivated.

SunnyD- Welcome so we meet again on another board, I’ve been coming to this board for a couple of months now, hope you don’t get confused but we have 2 Angels here.

Ok, I just wanted to check in before it got later. I still have work to get done before the day is over but I wanted to post since it had been awhile.

Now I have to check in on my Curves thread, then I’ll get back to work.

Mia
Closed Thread