South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 05:18 PM   #1  

My name is Erika. I am currently serving active duty in the U.S.Army (hooooah!!!) i was recently diagnosed with extreme asthma which prevents me from doing the hardcore physical training i was doing in boot camp. well, in the last few months i have gained weight and the army has a strict weight control program = lose weight or get out! so i need to lose some pounds, i am addicted to carbs! I admit, i have a problem!! I'm on day 2, phase 1, hope i see results ! wish me good luck fellow sisters!
Old 09-18-2003, 02:41 PM   #2  

Hi all! My name is Mistie and I am new here! Today is my first day on the SBD....so far so good (my willpower has lasted me til lunchtime! wooo hoo!!)

I am a mommy to 3 (ages 8, 5 and 3 months). Pregnancy (and pure laziness) has made me put on the extra weight. I am not a very good dieter, so, ladies, I will need some help to stay motivated! I am looking to lose about 30# for now, but in the long run would like to lose a total of 40-45#.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:12 PM   #3  

Default I'm a newbie (here and at the beach)

Hi Everyone!

I am on day 2 of SBD and so far, so good. I'm doing this to lose the last 15-20 pounds (lost 20+ last summer with a modified Zone diet). I picked SBD because I wanted the freedom to eat when I was hungry, without having to deduct those calories from my next meal.

I'm getting back into walking at lunch and weight lifting at night. I really like the way I can change my body shape with lifting (flatter abs and a perkier butt ... if only it could do breast lifts I'd be so grateful <g>)

I'm off to read all the posts here - can't wait to catch up!
-Pam
Old 09-22-2003, 09:02 PM   #4  

Hi All

Mine name is Regina and today is day 6 on Phase I for me - I must admit this is the most fun I have had changing my WOE (and I am a "lifetime dieter" even used to work for LA Weight Loss) I love this plan because all of the sudden I am cooking and using my kitchen instead of my car through the drive through or my phone for delivery!

I have been reading through the posts and love the support you all give to each other so decided to chime in!
Old 09-23-2003, 06:05 PM   #5  

Hi all I just started yesterday. I found you and now do not want to lose you. Thanks for being here! Rose
Old 09-23-2003, 06:08 PM   #6  

Oh! forgot to ask do we all state the starting weight current weight and goal weight? just wondering. I am knew to this posting things and hope I can find my way back next time.:>)
Old 09-24-2003, 10:36 AM   #7  

Thank you all for the nice welcome! I am going to start my day off with a 2 mile walk with the dogs. I will then help my neighbor stack her winter wood. I was on the computer most of the day sitting yesterday, I went and got the "Book" and I am going to make sure to get a good walk in at least 4 times a week.
start date 9/22/03
SW 240
GW 140
Old 09-25-2003, 01:21 PM   #8  

Hi!!! Day 2 phase one!!! Day one went real well. Name is Kathy and I hail from Calfornia. I have 60 lbs to lose and am willing to change my eating ways to do it.

It will be good to get tog with other people doing the same diet...

Kathy
Old 09-25-2003, 01:48 PM   #9  

Hi. My name is Anita. I am 36 years old and very over weight. My current weight is 214.5 and my goal weight is 140. I would love to join your group.

Anita
Old 09-26-2003, 02:50 PM   #10  

I Everyone-I am planning on buying the South Beach Diet book this weekend and making the switch from Atkins to the South Beach. I followed Atkins for 2 months and lost 18 pounds (gained 4 back since I TOTALLY went off and ate everything I have been missing this entire week). I was getting very frustrated by the stalls I was having and not being able to eat fruit without feeling immense guilt. Also, I think I was incorporating too much fat in my Atkins eating plan. Since I may not be able to get through the whole book this weekend.....could someone tell me the basics for phase one. If I'm correct the first two weeks are very similar to Atkin's Induction. Thank you for all you help and I look forward to sharing!
Old 09-26-2003, 10:23 PM   #11  

I'm new the this board and SBD. I am looking forward to sharing my weightloss journey with you all and getting to know you.

Old 09-28-2003, 12:37 PM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi there, I have been doing SBD for almost two weeks. Tuesday I start phase two. Looking for some support. Hope I can join in.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:47 PM   #13  

Default Wow It's Warm Here! :devil:

Hi all, I'm newly 27 years old (birthday last week) and I live in Connecticut. Wow, this sure feels like AA (not that I'd know...) Anywho, I'm here because I am ending day 1 of Phase 1 of the SBD. So far it seems I've done alright. I'm tracking progress and my meals on my daily blog at http://mona.froth.com/blog . Yes, I'm Mona by the way.

I was on the Zone diet for the last several months but got sidetracked with a strike at work (we had lots of food catered in which all went to our waistlines) and various events throughout the summer where I caved. The only reason I'm not going straight back to the zone is that I need a kick in the butt.....get these carbs outta the head and think straight about what my goals are and where I'd like to be. I think I've learned a lot... I am a former athlete (volleyball and crew) and I wasn't used to having to eat any particular way. In graduate school..I quickly gained weight as there are no real NCAA sports for graduate students (unless you count studying and writing papers). I gained rougly 35-40 lbs just in graduate school.

I lost about 55 lbs in 2000 with the help of some supplements, proper diet and exercise. I have regained probably 15 of those pesky pounds and I want them gone...plus 5 more...But I have to get my act together and take away the cravings...

So far so good. I didn't fall off the wagon even when they brought a tray of delicious cookies by my office door.

Anyway, I think I have said enough for now..thanks for listening!

Mona
Old 09-30-2003, 03:01 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone!
I'm new today! I'm glad this forum is here! I bought the book on Sunday and have read the whole thing and am doing everything I can to prepare for starting. I plan to start on Monday, October 5. I'm a little nervous - this is a totally new way of thinking about food for me. I have always eaten a diet rich in pasta and other carbohydrates. But I'm very happy to see that olive oil is a good thing!

I gained my weight after my daughter was born and while going through a very difficult depression 4 years later. Before baby, my weight was 133 (I'd be so happy to go back to that!) I'm 5'4".

I'm married to a wonderful and supportive husband. We went on Weight Watchers (without actually joining) two years ago, and he lost 40 lbs. and has kept it off. I started at 230 lbs. and lost 50 lbs., but when he reached his goal, my loss stalled big time! I have actually gained back all but 15 of the 50 lbs. I lost! I'm tired of being heavy - I never feel like a heavy person, but I sure am surprised when I see myself in pictures or my reflection in a window or mirror. I've been tired lately and I'm ready to feel as young as I am! I'm 33 and I'd really love to live a more fun and active life. More importantly, even though I am in good health - I really want to have a healthy body and heart for life. I keep hearing how hard it is to lose when you get older - I need to make these lifelong changes NOW before it is even more difficult.

I'll be checking in again real soon, but I wanted to say hello and I'm really glad this resource is here. You seem like such a nice and supportive group.

By the way, what exactly do people include in their signatures that list goals and current weight, etc.? Thanks all !

Monica
Old 10-01-2003, 12:50 PM   #15  

Default Starting Next Week

Hi,
I have about 10 lbs to lose and really want to try this diet. I'm buying the book tonight and plan to start next Monday. Any tips? I think breakfast will be hardest as I always eat a bowl of cereal at my desk at work...thanks!
Closed Thread