South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 07:23 AM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Boot Camp Challenge 10/30/03-Fall Follies!

Good morning, troops! Glad to see you got in some exercise yesterday...even more glad that I did! Trying hard to overcome some severe inertia in that regard!

Group Activity for Week of 10/26-255 minutes

I just realized that is not correct as I hadn't counted up any minutes that were posted before yesterday. Oh well....this will have to do for now as I have so much to do today!

Okay, so what in the world are Fall Follies? Sil asked if raking leaves counted...what do you guys think? Does the activity we engage in every day count towards what we do to lose weight?

I guess it depends. If you never move off the couch and then suddenly start cleaning house or raking leaves like crazy then it certainly counts. But if running around like a madwoman is something you normally do then it really isn't any EXTRA activity...know what I mean?

Anyway, Sil's question got me starting thinking about Fall and all the fun stuff there is to do! DH took my son hiking at a nearby gorge over the weekend (I was sleeping!) and then to a nearby land lab. What fun things have you been adding to your activities?

What do you do to make your exercise routine, well, not so routine? How do you spice up your activity so you don't get bored? I have the attention span of a toddler, so I get bored and move on very quickly. Always looking for new and different ways to get moving.

Well, I'm off to jump on the treadmill for a bit. I guess I can watch the TV shows I recorded last night...that will keep me on for a while!
Old 10-30-2003, 07:44 AM   #2  
Member Florida Chick

Good morning Sarge: Will soon be off for my walk. Plan on adding 25 minutes to the totall tally for the day. We walk around our village, and usually take the same route every day, around the outside perimeter, but when I'm getting bored with the scenery, then I walk up and down all the streets in the inner part of the village. Not much of a change, but works for me : Have a good day all. Lizzie
Old 10-30-2003, 07:47 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning!

Pretty darned sure it's been raining here for about two weeks. I see the sun this morning, and I feel like raking leaves. Although I've still got this hacking cough... might not be a good idea.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:02 AM   #4  
Imagine...

That is my weekend plan a little lite yard work. It's supposed to be in the 70's here.

Franny I did 20 minutes of walking yesterday
Old 10-30-2003, 03:32 PM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi Sarge
Please put me down for 60 minutes of free weights and exercise bike today. So far, this gives me a total of 160 of my 225 goal for the week.
Closed Thread