Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 09:11 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Talking Chit Chat #14

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?
Old 10-29-2003, 09:13 AM   #2  
One day at a time

Angry Good Morning Ladies!

Thought I would go ahead and start #14. I am pressed for time right now but will definitely be back later to post more.

Hope EVERYONE has a WONDERFUL day today! Take care ladies, TTFN.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:54 PM   #3  

Angry Good afternoon Jaded Ladies!

I'm here, I'm here. This week has been crappy in many ways. Hopefully it starts to look up soon. My eating hasn't been good at all and I haven't worked out since last week. Thank goodness I have a half day of work tomorrow and Friday off. Some friends of mine are coming for visits and it will be nice to see them. I am looking forward to that.
Sorry I haven't been such a great post-er, but I haven't had anything positive to add. I am reading and lurking though. I'll stop in later. Thanks for listening (reading).
Old 10-29-2003, 04:04 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Angry

Hey everybody!

Well today I got my exam test scores back. 80 possible. I got 56. That is a LOW C. But it's a C!!! And looking at what I did wrong,,,it was so obvious! I just put my entries in the wrong place. If I would have reversed it.... a better grade would have headed my way!! Next time.

My other three classes... I'm doing so well. So I'm having a pretty good Wednesday.

Kayecee---We have to come with an idea and follow through as much as possible. Kind of a stressful class. But my group is doing great so I'm not too worried.

Bandaid---Ok,, I'm going to have to look at your bio and find your real name.... bandaid sounds so....sterile! Glad to see you here. Thank you for the comment on the NewLetter. I agree with you about the bad eggs. Which is why I was so hesitant about the whole idea in the first place.

Cristi---big family. I have three sisters and two brothers. And we don't get together as much at all. Not like we used to. One of my sisters lives in Florida, a brother is in the Army and is stationed in Georgia, and another brother is.... I'm not quite sure where he is. And the other two sisters are near, but we just don't get together that often. One sister (the youngest) is my half sister that didn't grow up with me. We just got to know each other more in the last two years. It's been great.

Jana---How are the babies doing? How are you doing? Have you got the camera down pact yet to post a photo?? Ok, enough of the questioning!! Hope the babies and you are doing great. The thread you posted earlier was something else. I had to really think about if that was something that triggered my weight issues. And I can't say that it did. I was in the best shape up until my daughter was two. Had gone from 120lbs. to 175 within a year. I had hit a depression point in my life... but I know it has nothing to do with the terrible experience. Maybe that should be our next "topic" thread. "When did you finally "see" that you needed to change?". .....I'll have to post that sometime.

Beenie! Skew!! Where are you girls? Have we frightened you away?? Hope not. Hope to hear from you soon.

Natalie---glad to see you here. Don't worry about posting ALL the time... just as long as you post every once in awhile. Not everyone has time to let our butts spread on the computer chair and type away. I think my chair has my permanent butt marks on it!! And about the eating. Things happen and now that you realized how things are going... we just start from there. Time just feels hectic lately. Maybe it's because the holidays are just around the corner.... or maybe I'm just making up excuses. Who knows?

Well, Im going to peal my butt off the chair and get something to drink. You all take care

Marti
Old 10-29-2003, 04:09 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Natalie, sorry to hear your week has been crappy so far. I do hope it gets better. Sending some good vibes your way. : : Also, regardless of whether your day is going bad or you don't have anything positive to say don't stay away. We are here for you, good or bad. And we all slip up every now and then, we are only human and it will happen so PLEASE don't stay away because of it. Hope you have a nice time with your friends!

Jana, Unfortunately we (family) don't get together for the holidays. I would love to but most of the time it is not possible. If they were a little bit closer it definitely would happen, but being 7 hours away and with the weather sometimes being bad and DH & kids working we haven't been able to in the last 3 years.

Well, I got in a mile walk this morning at the park and let me tell ya, it was cold! Brrrrrrrr It is actually nice now, but this morning it was 59 which doesn't seem bad but when you have this wind blowing about 50 mph it is horrible and made it feel like it was about 30. It is very hard to walk in the wind, very hard. My poor DD, I swear if she hadn't been hiding behind me would have gotten blown away! I'm hoping it lets up this evening so that we (DH & I) can get in another mile after pictures. This evening is Christmas Picture night and I still don't know what to wear. Oh geez, I didn't realize it was after 3! I better get going ladies as we have to leave at 5 and I have yet to take a shower and get ready.

Hi to EVERYONE else. Hope you ALL are having a great day! I will try to check back later this evening. TT
Old 10-29-2003, 04:11 PM   #6  
One day at a time

Just a quick Hi Marti! I guess we were posting at the same time. Have a good one! Gotta run!
Old 10-29-2003, 07:57 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Cristi - thanks for starting the new thread. It's been chilly here too, but it sure makes good sleeping weather. Neal and I call it belly rubbin' weather.

Natalie - sorry you've had a crappy week so far, and I hope you have a good time with your friends! You sure dont have to be upbeat to post here... like the thread starter says, we share all the ups and downs of each others lives, ok? So feel free to say whatever you want and we'll be there for ya.

Marti - YAY, a C!! You go girl! The babies are all fine... growing like little weeds. Caylin is filling out nicely. She burps like a trucker in a diner, lol. To hear her, you'd never know she is not quite 3 weeks old!

Kaycee - your post was on the other thread, and since I have CRS disease, I forgot what all you said, but HELLO anyway!

Bandaid - like Marti, I'm not sure what your real name is, but hiya anyway.

Tomorrow morning I'm meeting Gina (the woman my son goes with) at the hospital at 6AM. Her youngest - Macy - is getting tubes put in her ears, and getting her tears ducts opened. Anyway, Gina's mom can't be there, so I offered since I don't think Gina should have to be waiting alone during the procedure. They will be putting Macy out for this, and that can get scary.

Gotta go check in at the challenge thread! See you later,
Jana
Old 10-29-2003, 08:50 PM   #8  

Talking Hey Y'all!

Nothing much here. "Finally" getting to sit down. It was my turn to cook. (Mom and I switch out and each cooks at least 2-3 times a week- it really helps to cut my cooking/cleaning time in half.) It's her turn tomorrow night! Yay! DH is sick. Men are such babies too! I think it's a stomach virus.

Marti My DH, DS, FIL, and dad are ALL named James! I love having my birthday on Cinquo de Mayo. Dear hubby's is 9/11. Poor baby.

Natalie Well, we may allow you to stay even though we are ALL perfect. And if you believe that I've got a dress that I got from Monica Lewinsky's yard sale that I'll sell ya cheap! (It may need to be dry cleaned though!) Don't worry if you feel like you don't really have anything positive to say. You should hear some of us around TOM! It just matters that you show up and sometimes ya gotta vent. That's okay. We have all probably been there at one time or another. How has your week been crappy besides the diet thing? Hope it gets better. Ooooo- a 3 1/2 day weekend! I'm jealous! I hope you have fun with your friends.

Cristi Hope you had time to paint your toenails and clear off the shelf before pictures! Sorry to hear about your weather. We are having an Indian Summer here- it's been in the 70's. Good for us! DH owns his own business and finishes concrete. Good weather=more money!

Jana I love chilly weather. It is wonderful to sleep in the camper at the hills in that kind of weather. I hope everything goes well for Macy. I'll remember her in prayer. (And don't worry- I have CRS too- it must be contagious!)

Bandaid Hey! What have you been up too? Hope you are having a good week!

Beenie, Skew, and every one else- where are you?

Marti got a C! Marti got a C! Marti got a C! Woo Hoo!

Last edited by Kayecee; 10-29-2003 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:04 PM   #9  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I feel like someone was dancing on my feet,,,,My dogs are barking!
So I wake up to a full blown storm and I have opening day at my brand spanking new store. I had a total of 6 customers 3 being us, staff. I bought a really cute demin skirt, really long. A shorter funky black skirt with some funky red flower on the front of it, and to go with that I got a red top. I also bought a black net funky red shirt. And this is after last week when I bought 2 pants 2 tops and 2 jackets (one leather) and I stopped at Payless, and in 2 weeks have bought 6 (yes 6) pairs of shoes. Plus all the jewellery Monte has got my from Ebay. I am sooooo fashionable!

BTW I did start to write a book once, I told so many chubby chick jokes.
And yes SIL gets a discount at Peir 1, there is family night next week and I am invited to shop! Like I need anything....lol
Its not as good as mine, only 20%.
Welcome Bandaid and Skew.

better get to sleep Im soooo tired.
Angie
Old 10-30-2003, 11:51 AM   #10  

Default Good Morning!

I am so thankful for all your comments. I'm feeling better already. I'm trying to positive so that I don't ruin my weekend. I'll be out of work in one hour and I have a ton of stuff to prepare for tomorrow night. It's all fun stuff though.
I hopped on the scale this morning and I was down a pound. Now seeing 198 is true bliss, but I don't deserve it. I haven't been following a healthy plan at all. But I allowed myself this week off. It's the first week I've taken completely off since June so I am going to enjoy it! Now I know it will catch up with me next week, but maybe I'll get lucky and the pound will stay off. Who knows.

Angie,
I am so jealous that you got all those new clothes. I so need to go shopping. Good for you to treat yourself! Oh and please feel free to send any clothes you have extra to me!

Kay,
My sister's birthday is 9/11 too. It sucks doesn't it. Monica Lewinsky's dress...that's funny.
Jana,
Belly rubbin' weather? And what does THAT mean?
Cristi,
A mile walk on a windy day, you've burned off a bunch of calories with that. Well done, can you come and walk for me now?
Marti,
You'll pick up your scores next time. That's how I got through college, averages are wonderful.

I will check back with you ladies soon. Have a great day!
Old 10-30-2003, 03:13 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Kaycee - I wish I had someone to share cooking duty with that often! Mary lives close, but she and Dale eat differently than us. They fry stuff all the time, and he is very picky. Katie cooks once a week to learn the craft, which is very nice for me. Counting your hubby, that makes about 4 of us here with the 9/11 birthday. Odd, don't you think? Btw, thanks for the prayers for Macy.

Angie - you go girl with the clothes! And when you get to Pier 1, think of me, okay?

Natalie - let me just say it ain't always my belly he's rubbin! TMI, right?? Glad you are in a better mood. Bet you'll be just fine by tomorrow.

Macy came through the surgery like a little trouper. Hopefully this will help her a lot.

Not much else new going on.... bbl.
Jana
Old 10-30-2003, 11:08 PM   #12  

Talking Hey Y'all!

Well, I have a new pet! (Like I need one!) When we had the fire last year and moved in with mom and dad, my mom was nuts over Buttons (my chihuahua). She kept saying that she might get one later on. Last week, I surprised her for Christmas (I know it's early ) with an adorable chocolate one that she named Abbie Rose. I know that a house dog is a big responsibility, so I made it clear that we would gladly take her in if it was too much for her to handle. Abbie Rose is- to put it mildly- like a loveable, but totally exhausting, 2 year old! Mom finally cried for mercy today and decided that she is better suited to being a grandma! It's been over 10 years since she has had anyone besides dad living with her and it was kinda weird for her to have some living creature following her around every waking minute. (I told her that I haven't been to the bathroom by myself in 10 years so it doesn't phase me! )

Angie Hope your feet get better! I'm jealous of all your bling bling and things! I bet you are beautimous!!!

Natalie See! You're doing fine. I'm totally beat. I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow! I hope you got everything done. Have a great weekend!

Jana I'm glad Macy is doing well. The 9/11 thing is weird. (And the million chihuahuas that this group has! ) Belly rubbin, huh? That sounds interesting. Bet he chases you around the dining room table too!

Where is everyone else? Marti- I know you were here somewhere- I saw your post on one of the other threads! Night all!
Old 10-31-2003, 11:41 AM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

You guys make me laugh, and I talk about you all like you live in my community...lol I told someone about the painting nails thing,,,OMG it got everyone howling. I work in plus size womans fashions so we all have this great connection. There is one lady who had the gastric bypass, shes lost 158 lbs already. She goes in Jan. for the skin thing. I admit it creeped me out when she told me about it...shudder
There is another lady who lost 65 lbs, and another who wants her breasts done, shes like an F and wants to be a B or C And then there are 3 of us so far who are going to have a little lose weight compitetion, to enter you need $50. bucks and every 2 weeks go to this one place and get weighed. The person who loses the most weight in 3 months wins the cash.

Natalie, if you lived near me and was my size you would be fine....lol
So Jana what do you need/want from Peir 1? With the discount and the dollar it may be cheaper for me to get it and mail it to you....lol
Well I better get going, its so cold here and I have so much to do...arghhhh
Angie
Old 10-31-2003, 11:47 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi ladies -- sorry I haven't been around. Going thru crap.

You all know how it is!

By the way, I've lost my motivation. If you find it, please return ASAP!
Old 10-31-2003, 05:12 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Jana, what ar ethe grandbabies going to dress up as for Halloween? Or are they? Glad Macy is doing fine.

Jenne, glad to see you back and posting.

Marti, WTG on making a C on your test! I knew you would do it.

Kayecee, what a cute name for a doggie-Abbie Rose! I bet she is a cutie! We have been wanting another dog and I am afraid I may not like going through the training again. Even though our little Ernie wasn't bad at all-he's 8 yrs. old now. Anyway, we are thinking of getting an outside dog, not sure yet.

Angie, hope your dogs have quit barking! This competition sounds great good luck with it, I hope you win the $50. I too love Pier 1! I haven't been to one in a while though. It's not real close so I forget to go. But I always check it out at Christmas time!

Bandaid, meant to say love your name-Alexandria. Of course I am biased as it is my middle name! I too have a May birthday-May 12.

Well, ladies I didn't get much done today. I didn't have the chance to post yesterday as this cold had me down. Feeling a little better today so now I am catching up on posts. Hey, I meant to invite you ladies, (even though we have a challenge going ourselves here) to the LABOR DAY CHALLENGE thread. We have a challenge going starting tomorrow with the New Years Challenge thread and it should be fun. Feel free to join in!

Well, hope everyone is having a great day. Hi to everyone else also. Take care ladies. TTFN
Closed Thread