South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 04:03 AM   #1  

Default Maybe it's in the water?

Reading CNN from over here is just saddening. The good news in Europe is the miners were found.

Enough rambling -

I've been in such a food rut lately. Although I'm with the plan about 80% of the time the other 20% I am certain suffice to knock me out of track.

Question: How about combining Atkins and SBD? The best of both worlds? Is there such?

Maybe I have not gripped the concept of good carbs and good fats. I still want to demolish a 10 lb T-bone, it's hard to stay away from the saturated fats.

That was more rambling....

Take care, everyone.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:38 AM   #2  
Mous

Whatever will keep you OP is up to you.

Keep in mind the good/bad and keep a journal.

There is no set rules!

This is a plan for life.

Follow your heart.

If combining the two is what you want GO FOR IT.

Lots of people do WW and SBD.

Some just do SBD.

I do a modified version of SBD. I have lost nearly 20 pounds.

Health is our goal.

Good Luck

Lady
Old 10-29-2003, 07:41 AM   #3  
Imagine...

Jocaro, I'm with you...sometimes when I'm watching the news and can't figure out what in the world is wrong with people?

Not sure about atkins as I never tried that plan but I would say go for whatever works
Old 10-29-2003, 07:46 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm not sure how you could combine Atkins and SBD. Atkins allows sat fats and SBD does not. Atkins allows very few carbs and SBD allows good carbs in increasing amounts. My head goes with SBD's principles but my heart really wants a nice rib eye steak with mushrooms fried in butter!
Old 10-29-2003, 10:06 AM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ruth is right, IMHO. Atkins and SB are completely different. I'm sure that you CAN combine the 2 but I don't think that you will get the best results immediately or in the future due to the low carbs and high fats on Atkins. Your body needs GOOD carbs (veggies, low fat dairy) and less saturated fats to stay healthy.

I don't want to be a skinny person with clogged arteries and bad kidneys.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:09 AM   #6  
Sunshine

S/C/G: 219/211.4/140

Height: 5'6

As I read this I realized that I DO a modified SBD with a bit of Atkins. Since this is a WOL then I am not about to give up REAL butter or REAL cheese. I also do eat the rib eye, just not the 10 pounder. I am trying to keep the portion size WAYYYYYYY down.

Right now I am back on Phase 1 of SBD(after the fat laden cruise)-still with the butter and some reg cheese. I changed to the lighter and lowfat of a bunch of stuff though-lowfat cottage cheese. Lowfat no sugar fugsicles(since they DO taste good) and splenda even for tea. Thank goodness for that stuff.

I think that my thing is that certain things are worth paying the ridiculous price for having No sugar and having WHOLE unprocessed grains. Others just are not. To each HER own and good healthy eating.

I am about to have some eggs and a salad. (with bleu cheese dressing...just dip fork tines first in dressing then get the salad...whoever told me that you are an angel!!!!)
Old 10-30-2003, 11:29 AM   #7  

Ah, but saturated fat is not good healthy eating. It's artery clogging heart attack in the future eating. South Beach was developed for heart patients first. You are on it or you are not. If you modifiy it, please let people know you have because you are not on the program as it is intended.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:00 PM   #8  

With all due respect - I don't believe I need to be accountable to anyone on my choices for food. I support all who want to do this and succeed, but will not pounce on those who step off of the path.
My post are intended for discussion, fun and support.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:18 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally posted by QuilterInVA
You are on it or you are not. If you modifiy it, please let people know you have because you are not on the program as it is intended.
Nonsense! I don't know anyone who sticks to the program in it's entirety. Any improvement we make to our diet is a step in the right direction.
Jocaro, as you were.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:05 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Woof!
Old 11-01-2003, 07:46 AM   #11  
Sunshine

S/C/G: 219/211.4/140

Height: 5'6

thanx ellis and jocaro for the support.
SBD is supposed to be a WayOfLife. Since I knew right off the bat that I was NOT about to eat non-real food the rest of my life, I made some adjustments. I also lost 16 pounds in the first 2 weeks on phase 1(blue cheese and butter).
After gaining a few back BEFORE my cruise and staying the same after it, I went back on P-1 on mon. Back down, now to continue. I am comfortable with SBD...life is about making adjustments and improvements...I am on my wayyyyyyyyyy

ONE meal, ONEsnack at a time...
Old 11-01-2003, 07:57 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Good for you, LadyOnFire!!
Closed Thread