South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 05:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Tuesday, October 28

Good morning, Beauties. Cold, dark and damp here but rumour has it that it will not rain all day today. Maybe a walk can be worked in.

The Girls are still asleep but I have to wake them soon as Miss Lucy has an appointment with her "fur stylist" at 8:15 this morning. I need to give her a mild tranquilizer which takes a while to work. I hate doing this but she is just too full of beans for scissors around her eyes! The pills really calm her down.

The nurse visit yesterday went well. Harry actually seemed more with it and she says he is still recovering. I must log his behaviours so we can see what changes and also need to get power of attourney while his mind is still OK. I love living in the country sometime - Jane, my country lawyer, gave me an appointment for tomorrow. My city lawyer would make us wait six weeks!

Today I will take Hershey for a good long walk to the end of the Lake road. She is looking chubby and has to drop a pound or two before she gets bred - maybe mid-December? I also need to sort out some equipment in the barn so the firewood can be stacked closer to the door. Why the heck did we ever stack it way at the back in the first place? Time to change old habits.

What's on your agenda for today?
Old 10-28-2003, 06:07 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Ruth, so glad to hear the nurse's visit went well yesterday and that Harry is still improving. Fur stylist, huh? Pretty hoity toity if you ask me! Mine are happy to just get sprayed with the garden hose!

Today is going to be a busy one, I'm afraid. I have to stay late at work to try and solve an ongoing problem with one of the computer systems and training. I have to make a return on a piece of snorkel gear we purchased for our cruise, but the store doesn't open until 10am. So I will probably end up at the 24 hour discount store buying stuff I don't need with money I shouldn't spend! I have to squeeze in time for a nap and to finish sewing some shirts. Oh, and pay bills. Always a favorite of mine!

Our supervisor is supposed to be coming in early today to do our annual evaluations. Hopefully no big surprises and I will still be employed when I am done!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:35 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, I'm so glad things are going relatively well for you. And you got your appointment for tomorrow... that's wonderful!

Franny, good luck with the problem at work!

I'm dragging myself to the Y today. My cold is still lingering, and I feel rather crappy this morning. Must be the two hour walk in the rain to and from my appointment with the psycho yesterday. In my birkenstocks. No socks.

Have a good day, everyone!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:46 AM   #4  
Work in Progress

I am going to try and have a productive day, I have a meeting with a new client and lots of work to get caught up on. It is still a difficult time here, waking up to a ring of fires and turning on the local news and praying that no one else has died or no one else has lost their homes.

It is very hard to keep the positive outlook, the freeways are all closed around us, the supermarkets are on strike, we have no public transportation, but I am not complaining, I am still grateful that things aren't worse,but when California get hit, we get hit!!!

I am trying to fit something in just for me today......we will see how that goes.

Ruth--glad that Harry is getting better!

Have a good day!!!

rb

Last edited by Rowan Bailey; 10-28-2003 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:48 AM   #5  
Mous

Going to go to a Birthday luncheon.
It is a surprise so I don't know what I am going to eat, but it WILL be OP.

Need to get around.

Have a super day.

Hugs to all that need one.

Marcie
Old 10-28-2003, 09:29 AM   #6  
Imagine...

Just a quick Ellis take care of that cold...you don't want a relapse.

Ruth~Good to hear some good news about H.

Franny~ Good Luck with your review and your ongoing problems.

Marcie~Have fun at your lunch.

Rowan~still sending good vibes out to those of you in California

Me...I'm still plugging along. Have a great day all
Old 10-28-2003, 09:43 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning ladies I really don't have anything productive to say so I thought that I would just pop in and say hello. Take care all.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:53 AM   #8  

Hi beach babes...been a very busy time around here...on my way to my womens meeting in a few...just wanted to drop in and say hello...Ruth , so glad that Harry is doing better...I think of ya'll all the time.
My nip tuck time is drawing near...I am so excited!!!
I have to finish getting dressed...I'll be back!!
Old 10-28-2003, 10:06 AM   #9  
In Control: E+R=O

Peeking in quick from work....

Ruth, so glad the visit with the nurse yesterday went well. "Fur stylist", huh? My dogs go to a "day spa"...which reminds me, I need to make an appointment, they're both getting pretty shaggy.

Franny, good luck on your evaluation....although I'm guessing that you won't need luck, you sound like a very valuable resource at your job!! Let us know how it goes.

Ellis, I had to stop and think for a minute when you mentioned your visit with a PSYCHO.....I guess I use that term to mean something different than you do...and I was getting a bit worried!!

Rowan, you're amazing, you have such a positive attitude with all that is going on around you!! I sure hope things settle down and get back to normal for CA soon. I heard Arnold on the news talking about the fires....I still have a hard time thinking of him as governor!

Marcie, have fun at your luncheon!

Hi sflake and little chick!

Whimsey, when is your procedure scheduled for? You'll need to show us before and after pictures.

Another cold and snowy and windy day here again today. At least it's warm enough (well, warm is a relative term, it's about 38 degrees) that the snow is mostly melting when it hits the ground. It's not even Halloween yet, for Pete's sake, it's too early for snow!!

Have a great day everyone! Better get back to being productive.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:47 AM   #10  
Fighter

I don't really have much on the agenda today.... hoping to get the laundry done, the kitchen cleaned, a little reading, then I have grocery shopping to do and an interview with a college student at Schuler's. For her psychology class, she has to interview a practicioner of a religion other than what she believes, or something like that. She's supposed to immerse herself in an unfamiliar lifestyle and write some paper, so she's going to come with me to some of our events and stuff.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:40 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone!!!

Ruth - I hope Harry keeps improving....

Everyone sounds so busy!

I am trying to decide if I want to go hunting with DH this weekend as we are suppose to get up to 6" of snow

Not sure I am up to getting up at 5:00 am, driving 100 miles and playing out in the cold! We'll see...(my nice warm fireplace sounds a little better)

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 04:43 PM   #12  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-Glad to hear that Harry is still improving, that's GREAT!!! The nurse had a good suggestion there about power of attorney, but it sure is painful dealing with that kind of stuff. My parents gave me copies of their trusts/wills etc. and keep on telling me to read it.....I'M NOT READY TO!!!!

Franny-I'm sure your evaluation will be great!! CONGRATULATIONS on staying away from the smokes too!! Especially with all the stuff going on for you right now, that is a MAJOR accomplishment. DS is 13 so he does pretty well by himself. I can remember the younger days!! My older son (now 16) was home with the flu and started getting sick again after lunch.....which was blue jello....and he headed across the living room for kleenex instead of towards the bathroom. I HATE A TRAIL OF BLUE DOTS ALL OVER MY BEIGE CARPETING!!!

Ellis-Okay, no more vomit and kissing in the same sentence. DO I HAVE TO COME UP THERE AND SPANK YOU?!?!?! Did you mention to the doctor that you are ill and walked 2 hours in the rain? THAT is a sign that you need your meds adjusted!! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!! (Takes one to know one!!!!)

Rowan-I really wish that the fires would stop. Too scary even from HERE. Hope they don't come any closer to you hon.

Marcie-How was the luncheon? Hope you had fun!!!

Sflake-Hope everything is going okay for you!!!

Little Chick-We just want to know how you are!! I hardly EVER say something productive!!!! Hope you are doing well too!!!

Whimsey-Are you going to post before and after pics? Glad to hear you are keeping busy!!!

2dog-Thanks for asking about DS!! He is already doing a bit better today, but we kept him home another day. He just has a cold, it was the post nasal drip that was getting to him!! (SORRY! kinda graphic!!) It is chilly here, but not as cold as where you are!! (48)

Harmony-Sounds interesting!! Should be a good learning experience for that student!!!!

Gmamary-I DON'T BLAME YOU!!! 6 inches of snow and I am ready to go into hibernation!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 05:07 PM   #13  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hey, Just wanted to pop in and say HI!!!!! (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Busy morning this morning, I am still training for my job. Once training ends though I won't have a job until the school district gets off their can and figures this mess out!

I'm training to be a school bus driver for our district. They changed the entire school system this year and created a very HUGE mess in order to fix a minor problem. UGH. when i first started training I was told I would have a route at the end of my training, now i've been told that I won't have one because the school district keeps delaying in approving the additional required routes. This means I am driving trips only. I need steady income, and I this is the first job I landed in 3 months of searching. Also, because I have been trained there is a clause in my contract that states that I HAVE to work for them for 4 months or pay the schoold district back 400.00 (the cost of the training/physical/my license). I am pretty bummed out about that.
I do get unemployment from my last job, but of course it barely covers expenses and I don't receive any child support but have 2 kids to feed. I am on just about every state program available trying to survive. UGH, I want OFF of some of these programs!!! I want financial freedom! It's not like I have debt, it's only the basics.

Sorry to whine, but I am getting a little worried about my finances. On the upside I got my daughter into a co-op preschool. I stumbled across it by accident. I am so pumped about that, and she is so excited to get to go to school like her brother.

Not much else happening in my life, just letting it happen...riding the waves and rolling with the punches.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) )))

Sounds like everyone is having a great day!
Old 10-28-2003, 07:25 PM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

Silly me~~I posted today but accidently put it at the end of Monday's Chat. OOPS
Old 10-28-2003, 08:53 PM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

Just a quick eveing hi. sounds like everyone has been busy today.
ruth: so glad that things are going well with Harry.
Den: Read your Moms papers. Know what is going on. This from a Mom who has given her DD all that sort of stuff too. None of us have the guarantee of tomorrow, so we need to be prepared. No one will ever be ready for it, but we have to know it is an eventuality. Just look at what has happened here in Fl with someone young who has had a tragedy in her life, and has made national news with the fight between family members.

Whimsey: Will you have a before and after photo set-up? I'm sure you will be so happy with your nip and tuck!

Rowan: those fires are so bad. keep safe.

Hi to everyone. Hope to get an earlier check-in tomorrow. I just have too much to do. i think I day a day with a few more hours in it. Lizzie
Closed Thread