South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 11:33 AM   #1  

Default Not doing well

Hello, I`m on my seventh day and I`m so cranky and shaky, I`m trying so hard to stay with this, because I know it will be good for me in the long run, got on the scale I was about down 3 pounds(need a new scale, mine is hard to read) don`t know if it is just water weight.............Is there anything I can do for the shakes or my mood, I work with students all day and I`m sure I am being short with them......Thank You
Old 10-27-2003, 01:01 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You are detoxing and are in carb withdrawal. Hey, weight is weight whether water or fat - rjoice and be glad.
Are you eating enough? You probably can afford to add some good carbs - like pistachios or roasted chick peas and see if that helps the shakes. Maybve a ricotta dessert?
Old 10-27-2003, 01:28 PM   #3  

Do you have any blood sugar problems? I have highs and lows and just about 8 days into the first phase it dropped too low.. I could not get it to come up by eating and had to end up eating a slice of whole grain bread. You could take three ounces of orange juice and see if that helps. I agree on the detoxing but some people who have blood sugar problems do have to watch it and not let it drop dangerously low..
Old 10-27-2003, 02:50 PM   #4  

Hi. I don't know about this diet as I am just starting on it today, but on just about any low carb diet, drinking a glass of phyllium willhelp things pass through the body quicker. The health food store will have it, and Metamucil (sugarfree is phyllium based). Another good thing about it, is that it helps fill you up, as it is pure fiber.

Hope you can get past the shakes. Not a pleasant side effect.
Closed Thread