South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 12:14 AM   #1  

Default kick in the backside!!!

hey everyone! i've been kind of lurking around here. i've posted a couple of times. you are all so helpful and inspirational.

anywho, what i need is a kick in the butt!!! i did good for 2 weeks on this sbd then came the october birthdays. several of us(myself included) had birthdays this month and of course we celebrated, the only thing is this past week i haven't stopped. i have been on a "see" food diet this week. now that i'm done feeling sorry for myself (sorry for the whine session), does anyone have any suggestions and a large shoe(for that kick)??

thanks for any help!
kathy
Old 10-27-2003, 12:38 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Kathy, I wear a size 10...sometimes even an 11! Is that big enough for you!

Girl, enough is enough. Time to put the excesses of the past month behind you and start fresh. Now, not tomorrow, not the next day, but starting this very minute. Make a plan and then stick to it. Every time you slip off plan it is critical that you get back on track as soon as possible. You cannot have the attitude of "I ate one cookie so I might as well eat a few more!" You need to say "Okay, so I ate a cookie. Big deal. Now I stop. Period."

I am applying my able footage to my own backside as well, so you have some company. I gave myself a week off as I quit smoking on October 18 (yeah for me!), but now it is time to get back on track, right? I am actually going back to phase 1 for at least a week to get myself straightened out.

Now, I could be mad at myself for slipping so far off plan, but that isn't very constructive. I am just making my plan and applying myself. I have come too far to let my new way of life just fall by the wayside. And so have you! So join us in the Boot Camp Challenge thread and get your daily dose of butt kicking!

Is your butt sore yet?
Old 10-27-2003, 05:20 AM   #3  
Mous

Instead of kicks, I am handing out hugs. {{{hugs}}}

You know what you did was NOT what you wanted to do, so now get back OP and start over.

One day, one hour, one minute.

Forgive yourself.

This is a lifelong plan. It is flexible and doable.

Good Luck.

You CAN and WILL do this.

Lady
Old 10-27-2003, 05:30 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kathy, don't be hard on yourself. You came here to post which means you are really kicking your own butt. Like Marcie, I am giving out hugs. I'm very non-violent - even refer to Boot Camp as Slipper Camp.

For several reasons, I've been off track too the past two months and am trying to love myself and hug myself back on plan. Join me!

(By the way, I have visited Corning and LOVE the glass museum! )
Old 10-27-2003, 09:56 PM   #5  
Member Florida Chick

Welcome Kathy: This is a great place to get help as well as the necessary kicking to keep us on track. This past weekend my DH and I went to dinner, and we are both on the plan. And we were doing well, until it came time for dessert. We didn't say 'no' as we usually do. Well they had a new one called MountainBerry Blitz. Berries are good right? : so we got one and split it between the two of us. But it was huge. Very good, but not enough berries More icecream and blueberry cake with raspberry syrup. We both loved every bite, but now today we are back on plan again.
So just get back on track, when you fall off. Lizzie
Old 10-27-2003, 10:03 PM   #6  
In Control: E+R=O

Kathy, you're not alone! So many of us have been exactly where you are right now.....myself included. The most important thing is to pick yourself up and keep on going. Don't look back, but rather look forward. It took most of us a lifetime to develop our "bad" eating habits, so we have to expect that we won't be able to change them overnight, or even in a few weeks or a few months. One step at a time....an occasional step backwards really isn't going to matter much in the big picture as long as we continue moving in the right direction. You can do this, I can do this, we all can do this!!
Old 10-28-2003, 11:01 AM   #7  

Default thanks

thanks to all of you for your wonderful hugs and advice. i truly appreciate it. i think maybe i have a little pms going on and i am a little blue. my plan is to go back to phase 1 starting today. i also called today to rejoin the gym so i have no excuses. i start nov.6th. i have to wait till then because i am going to restart my physical therapy for my back.

frannymae- congrats on quitting smoking. that is another project i am trying. i know it is not easy. i do fine as long as i am not out with my friends. i have to work on that mind association thing. good luck!

ruth- the glass museum is a wonderful place. i always take any friends/family that come to visit.

twodogmom - i love your dog picture. funny thing is my best friend has to cockers that same color. the tan one is actually the mom and she kept one black one. then she had two other tan and black ones her neighbor took, so when you drive up the road you see double.

well, hugs back to everyone and i'm headed off to find this boot camp and check it out! thanks again!
kathy
Closed Thread