Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 06:36 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down Chit Chat # Lucky 13

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Jana
Old 10-24-2003, 06:42 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Not much news. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, though. Katie is going to babysit Fern, and Neal and I are going to spend the day out. There is a new orchard and craft shop nearby that we want to see. After that we are going out to eat, then to a movie. We need some time together by ourselves with no teens, aging parents or grandkids!

Sunday evening we are having a weiner roast. Just the kids and grandkids, but it will be fun.

I tackled Mount Washmore today and defeated it!!!! Also, I sorted through my winter clothes to see what I want to keep, and packed up all my summer stuff. Hopefully, all of the summer stuff will be waaaayyy too big next June.

What's everyone got planned for the weekend?

TTFN,
Jana
Old 10-24-2003, 07:24 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies-

Jana---Don't worry, all your stuff WILL be too big by summer! Think positive thoughts. Which reminds me, I need to get to my laundry before I get to lazy and it grows on me.

Well, I went to an accounting tutor today. Spent three hours in the room. I was doing my homework and any question I had, they were there to answer. And they explained stuff to me so much better than my instructor!! What's up with that?? I'm feeling a little bit better about it all.

I watched "Extreme Makeover" last night. Well,,, the last half anyway. Something about that show just catches my interest! I was amazed at how much younger one of the women looked after it was over. Amazing!! And I was a bit shocked to see, that these were the first two women that I've heard of, that didn't get the breast augmentation! (I thought we all wanted to be perky?) Wonder what the show could do for me?? Maybe I better start making a list.....

Cristie-Kayecee-Natalie-Beenie-Mel-Michelle-Carree- Who else am I forgetting??? Angie!! I know there are more but....
Hello to you all and I hope we here from you soon. And join the challenge with us!!

Ok... my break is over, time for more studying.

Take Care
marti
Old 10-24-2003, 10:57 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Well ladies, I just lost this very long post and I am too tired to start over. So I will try again tomorrow. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Jana, enjoy your day with your hubby and your weiner roast! That sounds like fun. Take care ladies, talk to ya tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2003, 02:01 PM   #5  

Talking Hey Y'all!

Well, how's it going for everyone? I'm sorry I haven't gotten to post in a few days- we had the dreaded parent/teacher conference this week. Actually, since I teach a special program, mine are never that bad. I only have a few parents who show up and they never stay long. I just hate having to stay until 6:00.

I have just skimmed through the posts from the past few days. Welcome Beenie and Natalie. I really think you'll like it here. It may help to read a few of the past posts and the bios so you'll know a little bit about our background.

Do y'all want to know what I did yesterday? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! I was on the committee that does the school calendar last year. I got them in a meeting and said, "You know, it would be really nice to have the day off after parent/teacher conferences." and they bought it!!! So I actually spent an entire day on the couch! Woo Hoo! I feel so lazy! LOL

Well nothing much else happening here. I have to go place my Avon order and DH and I may go to the auction later. Hope y'all have a good Saturday.
Old 10-25-2003, 04:40 PM   #6  

Talking Hey Y'all!

Where is everybody today?!? Am I the only poor pitiful soul that has no life? *sigh* It is beginning to storm here, so the birthday party that DS was going to has been cancelled. I think we will all just sit home watching Cops and eating popcorn.

Somebody is gonna have to tape my mouth shut before I hit 300 pounds! So far today, I have had 3 pancakes, 2 tuna fish sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, and half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Aaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh! And we ain't even made it to supper tonight. I think I need a drill seargent living with me. *sigh* Did anyone notice how many carbs that is? I am giving serious consideration to the Southbeach. If I don't do that, I am gonna cut back as far as I can on carbs starting Monday. I got all of my info about the Southbeach off of the world wide web, so I don't even have to get the book. Somebody give me some motivation. It is almost TOM and I am soooooo bored, lethargic, and unmotivated that it is pitiful. O.k.- enough of the sniveling whine session. See y'all later. I think I will go and cry now for no apparent reason. (I am only 36- please tell me my hormones will not get worse!!! Lie if you have to! )
Old 10-25-2003, 05:34 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

Marti, glad to hear the tutor is helping. I know you will ace the next test! : When I went last year, I found that some of the instructors did not know their jobs at all. The one i had in business math, and business communications was actually a counselor but had gotten a teaching degree when she was in her 20's, she had to be in her 60's. She did not know what she was doing. she wanted a second job and the college was short so took what they could get. They also have teachers who move around. They have a degree in a specific subject and know this but teach another class. Again because the college is short on teachers. So sometimes the teachers are teaching it the way they know it. I have caught a few minutes of one of the extreme makeover shows and isn't it amazing how different they look?! WOW! I told DH I was going to write and see if I can get picked, seriously!

Jana, hope you are having a great time with hubby today!

Kayecee, I wish I could tell you the hormones will get better, but I'm not a good liar! I swear I seem to get worse every month. I have never cried for no reason at all, well except when I was pregnant, but the last few months-whoa! I have to go hide in the bathroom so no one will see me-it's terrible!! As far as the eating goes, I have found exercising cuts down on the cravings. I can't remember, do you have a treadmill? If so maybe you could get on it instead of going for the food. Or grab a book. For some reason I can't eat and read, especially if it is a good book. I get so involved with some I won't put it down until I am finished reading the whole book. Also, getting on the computer keeps me busy and my mind off of food. Speaking of which I have been on here for quite a while. Hope your day gets better-and STAY out of the kitchen girly!! Don't make me come over there!

Okay ladies I am outta here for the day. Take care and have a good one EVERYONE!
Old 10-25-2003, 05:39 PM   #8  

Thanks Cristi! *sniff*
Old 10-25-2003, 06:06 PM   #9  

Hi there ladies-
Today I'm taking my DD to a Halloween Party one of her friends is having. She'll have fun.

Today I have raked the yard (AGAIN--darn leaves---but good excercise) And I did "some" weeding. Only did one side of the house. The weather here is beautiful. Cool crisp air and warm sunshine. My favorite. You get the sunshine, yet it's cool enough to wear cute sweaters. (I'm not one for dressing in little outfits)

Kayecee- I sure wish I had some words of wisdom for you. When TOM is around, our bodies always feels like it needs more food. Why is that??? Hormones!!! And we feel sluggish too. Which is why I went out and did yard work today. (TOM is visiting as we speak!)
I too am thinking of doing a low carb diet of some sort. Which is why I thought of Atkins. I just want to try it out and see what good I get out of it. If I like how I feel (I hear you actually get more energy) I may stay on it. James told me of a store in town that is ALL low carb foods. Why haven't I heard of it before??? I will have to check it out.

Cristi--I told James that I would like to get an extreme makeover. He wanted to know what in the world would I want to do. I'm like "Hello!" I have thighs from **** and a gut that will never leave me! So I guess I don't really need an 'Extreme' makeover...just some liposuction. Already did the bust thing......as you may have noticed in my before and during photos. My sister looked at those and laughed saying "It's amazing how you've lost a lot of weight and it all went to your boobs!!" Wouldn't that be great if that was the case? The one thing I would be frightened of with that show,,, is having all that surgery done in a 6wk. span of time!!

Jana-- How are you doing girl?? Enjoying those babies?? My sister wanted me to watch her little girl...she'll be a year in Jan. and also her neice who is the same age. I couldn't do it because I've been studying so much in my accounting class that I couldn't just drop everything and do it. I felt bad. If she could have given me more of a notice, I probably could have worked something out. That was yesterday... and I'm still feeling guilty about it.

Natalie and Beenie-- where did you two go??? I hope you come back soon. Well Jhanai is waiting for me to do her makeup and hair for the party so I need to get going. You all take care

Marti
Old 10-26-2003, 08:19 AM   #10  

Talking Hey Y'all!

Oh my! I got up at 6:00 this morning! I don't ever do that unless I am going to work! (Of course, the time falling back could have a little to do with it! ) DH and the kids are still asleep so it is very peaceful here.

It didn't storm very much. Most of it went north of us. I am hoping that the little black cloud that was hanging over my head left too. I hate being down in the dumps for no reason. Thanks for the .

Well, today I am going to clean house and tackle Mount Washmore this morning. My BIL and family are coming down after church. I don't mind him or his wife, but oh, the kids! It is very apparent that they don't have much supervision at home. I hate to say it, but they act like little wild animals! My best friend's hubby is preaching at church tonight. I don't ever get to see her as much as I like. She lives about 50 minutes away and it seems as if we can never get together. I think I need about 24 more hours in a day!

Marti- Did DD enjoy the party? I hope you aren't having to study too hard. Atkins just seems too restrictive to me, that's why I am leaning toward the Southbeach. I don't know though, I had success with Slim Fast before. I know, don't y'all beat me up about all the sugar- but it is easy, no thought, no extensive meal planning, no extensive math.... simple. Gotta do something though- visited another site where I had some of my weight stored and realized that I have actually GAINED 10 pounds since January! At this rate, I should hit 300 in 4-5 more years!

Cristi- Sorry, the rollpin had no effect on my raging hormones. After all that I had yesterday, I topped the night off with popcorn, 2 grilled cheese, pork and beans, and a snow cone. I am not usually that bad when I am working. I can't leave my room every 2 seconds for snacks. Maybe from now on my bad hormone day will hit when I am at school. Poor students.

Where is everyone else?!? Jana, I hope you and DH had fun. Beenie and Natalie- come back!

Why don't we write to Extreme Makeover and ask them to do an all out bonanza with the Jaded Ladies? I think I could use a nip and tuck.... and tuck.... and tuck.... and tuck..... I am rambling. See y'all later!
Old 10-26-2003, 08:26 AM   #11  

P.S. Marti, your boobs look very nice. (Never thought I'd tell another woman that! LOL) I knew your waist looked a LOT smaller in the after but I didn't know why. My butt will hang on for dear life, but my boobs sink like the Titanic when I try to lose weight. *sigh* Was there much pain in the recovery? (Need to know that for my Extreme Makeover- hee hee)
Old 10-26-2003, 11:42 AM   #12  

Wink ***I'm blushing Kayecee***

Kayecee-- thanks! -----

Hmm... how much pain did I have? Let's see, I had it done in January of this year, only a couple days after my birthday....the pain felt like I had done 1000 reps in a chest excercise! It was more of a pressure/pain feeling. Does that make sense? I only took two weeks off from work. (and my job consisted of lifting, but a lot of the ladies knew so they wouldn't let me no matter what I tried) I think the only REAL painful part that actually made me tear up was my exhisting stretch marks being stretched and they burned. But it was only one day of that feeling... I went directly to the store and got some cocoa butter. Relieved the pain.....
So my answer is that there was a discomfort for a few days where you just felt like you can't move. (although I had great pain pills so who knows how much pain there really was)

Ok... I'm sure you may all wonder WHY I chose to have this done. Well, of coarse I wanted to be larger for as long as I can remember.... (since I was 18 and I had my son) I was getting tired of wearing all these padded bra's or the water bra (which BTW works wonderfully as long as you fit in it right) and when I went in for a consultation, I was told that my breast were asemetrical... meaning I had two different sized boobs! Of coarse, all women have one size a little larger than the other especially after having kids...but I was a small b-cup in one and a c-cup in the other. No wonder I had such a problem finding a bra that fit!!!! Here I thought they made bra's wrong...one side would swim while the other was snug. SOOOO that just made me want to do the surgery even more.

Ok,,, I just told my life story to the world of 3FC....but I thought that I would share. To this day, only a couple of my family members know I had it done. They may notice something but no one is talking. How can you not notice a small going to a large? Nice family to not draw attention to it.

Alrighty then.... I've rambled on about myself more than I intended but hey that's ok.

Need to go eat some breakfast.

Take Care.
Marti
Old 10-26-2003, 11:58 AM   #13  

Talking Ah.... pain pills...

Such a nice little invention! I don't know what they did 100 years ago! Of course, they didn't have things like boob jobs back then! Then again, if you watch reruns of Bonanza and Big Valley, you would think they did. Are there any exercises to perk the things up? Right now, I can touch my toes- without bending over.

See what things you miss when the rest of you girls are M.I.A. Y'all better come back and calm us down! Can you tell that my hormones are going back to normal and I am in a better mood today?
Old 10-26-2003, 04:21 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Kayecee, you crack me up! I am glad to see you back as I love your sense of humor! Sorry the rolling pin didn't help. It is hard trying to control anything with those darn hormones raging. I too got up early this morning-I hate the time change.

Marti, okay, so through me in with the ones who didn't notice the boob job. Sorry, I thought it was from you losing weight and the snug fitting top. I can understand you having it done. One of my friends had it done also. she was an A cup and always wanted to be a bit bigger and was going in for a biopsy and thought she would go ahead and have it done. And man did we always hear about it. No one could be around her because it totally went to her head. She loved the attention she thought she was getting. She thought everytime we went somewhere all the guys were looking at her boobs and all we heard was "Did you see that guy looking at my boobs, Did you see that guy looking at my boobs?" I swear every 5 minutes she said this. It got really old fast. She went from an A cup to a B cup and to be honest I really didn't notice a difference, but then I didn't really look at her boobs so... She was in pain for a couple of weeks and what was bad is she had a 2-year-old that always wanted to be held, poor baby. He didn't understand why his mommy couldn't pick him up. But she was pleased with the job the doctor did.

Anyway, not much going on with me today. Went to church this morning and then lunch after. I may do a short walk later, after that I have nothing to do. A very lazy day for me today.

Hi to everyone else, hope everyone is having a good day. TTFN
Old 10-26-2003, 06:20 PM   #15  

Talking I'm Here!

Sorry for being MIA for a few days. Thanks Kay for hunting me down. This week is going to be super busy for me because we are having our annual halloween party on Friday. I spend the entire day yesterday cleaning. Today was a fun day at the pumpkin patch and I've still got to sort through my recipes and create my menu. Will I ever get it done.

I'll be back tomorrow morning! Hello to everyone, I'll be back I promise.
Closed Thread