Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 10:27 AM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Bore Cow

sorry to start such a dismal thread,but i am a borecow this week---as kiwi can attest it has been raining or snowing all week---damp ,cold,ugly weather----all heading to the dreaded winter------and the time will change this week meaning it will be dark at suppertime------Ds9 started HOCKEY this week---he is over the moon about it, and i am dreading freezing me arse off at the rink-----he looked SO cute in his gear and so CANADIAN fer shure!!!!---------GO MARLINS!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 12:03 PM   #2  
loves kleenex box art

Let's see. What can I write? I am the American version of Borecow. Our kids look American when they wear shorts and tee shirts. My son never wears shorts. He always wears tee shirts. Can he be half-American?

Have you ever hard of "Oppositional Disorder?" It's the new label you can apply to your kid if they are bratty. Then you can medicate them. A woman I know has a 13-yo girl who is constantly in trouble with the law; skips school; hits her mom. Now, she has something to blame it on.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:57 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Really Americans wear polarfleece over their t-shirts.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:59 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Yeah, I've heard of Oppositional Disorder. It used to be called "being contrary".

I have a disorder too: it's called Occupational Aversion Disorder. I want my medications.

Kiwi
Old 10-23-2003, 10:01 PM   #5  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i have OAD too kiwi---------sometimes i even feel guilty cause i won't SUBSTITUTE teach and LUSHbat does--------but then it goes away and i feel much better.gotta go watch ER----anyone heard from Suga????
Old 10-24-2003, 01:28 PM   #6  

Nope, haven't heard from Sugar, didn't even hear anything when she snuck onto our continent.

I've been off having the mother of all headaches. It made me miss another beautiful fall day. I couldn't even take my head out from under the pillow to enjoy it. I wish I could get back all the migraine days of my life.

I am the northwest version of Bore Cow. My plans for the weekend? Waving goodbye to DH as he goes fishing all day on Saturday. waaaah.

I have OAD too. I do go to the office, I just do everything I can do to actually avoid work once I get here. There is nothing fascinating about sending out billings, nagging ppl to pay their bills, getting money, sending out money to pay my bills. It's like doing dishes. Endless and boring.

My son spent years not wearing shorts. For some reason he thought his legs were too hairy. Now for some reason he wears shorts again. He and gf are moving out of the house across the street from us. They've decided to rent a condo - less money, less maintenance than a house. He will miss his Dad's shop.

Now, was that boring enough for you? I should go take digital photos of the pretty fall foliage and send to you. I should, but I probably won't get around to it.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:10 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
I should go take digital photos of the pretty fall foliage
Yes you should, our foliage is all over with -- the leaves haven't all fallen yet, but the colors have petered out to that general washed out yellow. blah.

I'm sitting around here waiting for dd and her science lab partners to show up, then I'll go around the house looking like "I do housework all day long, woe is me." Cuz that's the kind of person I am. Yep

I think I heard Sugar land, but I could be mistaken.

I often don't get around to wearing shorts until about July, for the same reason as your ds, Wabbit.

Not doing particularly well with my walking lately. My walking club is finished for the season, and you know I need someone standing over me with a whip to make me do anything. It's time for me to break out the exercise videos, but the thought makes me weak with fatigue........ I think I need a shot of adrenaline.

Kiwi
Old 10-24-2003, 02:12 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

and no, that's nobody I know. But that is one awesome yawn.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:24 AM   #9  
loves kleenex box art

Sugar is in Florida. She and I are wearing bathing suits and polar-freece-Hawaiian-print throws around our hips.

I have not been notified lately of postings here and was thinking no one was home. I was gonna come sing. So I still will.

On the banks (boom ba boom)

Of the river (boom ba boom)

Stood a luvly Indian maid (boom ba boom)

On the other side (boom ba boom)

Of the river (boom ba boom)

Side of the river (boom ba boom)

Stood her cutie (boom ba boom)

Indian brave (boom ba boom)

Little Whadda-Bod (boom ba boom)

Was ur his name (boom ba boom)

And this boy (boom ba boom)

He had it all (boom ba boom)

Indian maid (boom ba boom)

Just couldn't stand it (boom ba boom)

She swam across (boom ba boom)

Doin' the crawl (boom ba boom)

No folage color changes here. Green. Brown. Gone.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:11 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

See previous picture for reaction.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:29 PM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

See other end of baby for reply.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:36 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

On second thought, that was a lovely rendition, Peach-Cow. Did the Indian maiden drown? All Indian songs end in death, don't they?

Saw Solaris last night. DH hated it. It was rather slow and didn't make the most sense, I suppose. But I liked it. Sort of. The acting was good, although the characters were a bit thin. And it was beautifully filmed. The love story was not very compelling, which is unfortunate, because George Clooney is definitely quite lovely. Although I am convinced that that full-body naked back shot was not him.

Thus ends my creative pursuit for the day. I'm thinking of canning tomatoes today. I only have about 7 or 8 ripe ones. But then, I only have a few canning jars, so maybe that makes sense.

Back to you.

Kiwi
Old 10-25-2003, 02:58 PM   #13  
Most boring housewife.

Canning tomatoes? you're making me tired.

My stint as a full time worker is almost over and boy, I can't wait. My life works much better when I just work when I feel like it.

My computer's been down for a few days...now I'm too busy to talk because I could write this message on top of this table. Tomorrow is DH's birthday and I have NOTHING done...I'm going to go slap on a book on tape and give the house one honest hour. bye
Old 10-25-2003, 09:03 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Lush
Canning tomatoes? you're making me tired.
Oh don't worry, I'm still only thinking about it. I did, however, pull my garden out, finally. It was astoundingly easy, because the soil was so loose. The whole lasagna garden thing worked pretty well. It'll be even better next year.

Whatcha gonna give/do for DH for his birthday?

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 10-25-2003 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:46 PM   #15  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi Tomato Personage, I have a question. DS has a website he'd like to get to. You know the one. You got there one day and he couldn't. He can't get there on his laptop either from our house but he takes the laptop to school and it comes up. The ISP woman says we need to get our computer checked out at their store. She can get to the site and says she does it over and over just to be sure (she's not rocket scientist stuff). Do you have an idea on this?

Sincerely,

Cowpernia Peaches Personage
Closed Thread