Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 09:08 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday, Oct 23rd

Good Morning...

BBL
Old 10-23-2003, 09:23 AM   #2  

Today sucks! (sorry to be so graphic)
Old 10-23-2003, 09:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well good morning Leenie - you drinking your coffee? I am! Is your boss around today?

Kemp - I take it you're not feeling too good today? are you at work or at home. Hopefully you will get better in a few days.

Joanne - I can certainly relate to all the running around! hang in there girlie!

Liz - did you get to workout yesterday? what did you do? Enquiring minds want to know! ;-)

Lynnie - hope you're feeling better today!

Cin - hugs hugs hugs! Thank the Good Lord for a mother's unconditional love indeed! Keep that hand good & dry girlie!

Tippy - how is that leg today? any better? I know its slow going girlie! hugs! uhmmmm I would probably break my neck trying to shower with one leg outside! lol be careful!

Lcastle - you sound like a busy mom too! Hope everything went well yesterday? how old is your youngest son?

LindaT - whassup in your neck of the woods? how ya'll doing with your new gov?

All the guys are out on jobs and I have cookies baking in the oven for my grandmother. Hoping to get them baked and boxed up before everybody gets back. lol ok I'll leave them out a couple. I'm going to bring my grandmother lunch today and she loves chocolate chip cookies.

I will check back later. Ya'll be good!

hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 10-23-2003 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:33 AM   #4  

Jst a quick hello

I have no time to play

I have to get my house cleaned up

Before the lady comes that I must pay!

More later!

Liz
Old 10-23-2003, 10:34 AM   #5  
CIN

Good Morning
I am trying to scrub tub with left hand only..................gotta make it shine for MIL as she bathes instead of showers!

I then will be off to the grocery with list in hand..................

Love this cold front as I am always hot! ( no comment please)

Later taters

Cin

PS Kemp ... Wish we could make you feel better...........................I will sincerely pray for you as soon as I finish typing. I do know nothing is tooooo big for GOD! We love and care about you!
Old 10-23-2003, 10:45 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

The boss just left for a few hours - aaaaaah!

Kemmmmmmmy - hugs

Cin I used to love the cold, now that I'm getting older its really starting to wear me down and I'm starting to feel my depression coming back... OY VEY!!!!! but then when I start to get hot flashes, which is soon I'm sure, I'll prob be singing another tune

Cathy - COOOOKIES........oh drool ~
Liz please stop by my house when your done

I'm gonna catch up on my work b/4 she comes back.

TTY all later
Old 10-23-2003, 11:11 AM   #7  

OK, without being to long winded here it goes. I am sure that some of this is PMS related but I am starting to feel overwhelmed with everything. I haven't been feeling well so I stayed home the past 2 days and I thought it would be a good idea to try to figure a budget for when I satrt school. We are not going to have enough money to do anything fun for the whole 9 months that I am in. I know that hubby is going to go stir crazy with this. (here I am trying to shelter him form it and in return I am stressing out myself) We got a bill from the IRS saying that we owe $900 more and I don;t know where I am going to pull that out from. I am sure the state will be after more money now too. Taxes are coming due in December and they will be $1000. My termite certifiacte comes due this March and that will be around $400. I am tired of coming to work and there are piles of crap left laying around. Nobody here wants to do anything. I know that they think this is a fun job but I am sick of doing everything. I mean it is stupid little stuff too. Hangers from when they sell someting. They end up in my office. I don't want them, put them up in the right spot. AUUGGHH!!!!

OK that was a condensed version. Believe me I could go on for a while but I think my fingers would get tired adn I think I would lose your attention. (if I havn't already)
Old 10-23-2003, 12:31 PM   #8  

I'm back from the hospital where I had a compression test on my legs and arms. It was not fun. They put thingies like BP cuffs all the way up your legs and arms and systematically tighten them one at a time really, really TIGHT! Oy vey! At least that BS is over!

Last night I actually shaved a months worth of hair off that calf and it was wonderful! Then I used an apricot facial scrub to remove all the dead skin. Girls, it felt better than sex!

Well, I have to clean the kitchen and put away some more summer clothes. Hate doing that!
Old 10-23-2003, 12:33 PM   #9  

Good morning

I just woke up....just checking in to say hi....It is DS1's birthday today....will have to call him today.....see you later.

Right now....I am going to sit at the light box.....feeling good these days.

April
Old 10-23-2003, 02:02 PM   #10  
Walking by faith

Angry Hello Ladies

I'm staying in for the rest of the day! I went out by myself this a.m. to have a fasting blood test done. When I went to step off the curb to get back in the car, I landed flat on my butt (lucky I'm well padded ). There was no one around to help me, so I grabbed the car bumper in one hand and my crutch in the other, and I managed to pull myself up and get in the car w/no further damage. Then later I was searching for a parking space, and I hit the brake and accelerator at the same time, and I almost hit a parked car. Praise God! I'm home, I'm safe, I"M THROUGH RUNNING ERRANDS!

Leens: If the cold is getting to you, come on down to the sunny South and visit

Kempy: I'm sorry you're feeling down. Just think of how much better you'll feel when school is behind you. It will be worth it!

Cathy: Don't leave too many cookies around! They're fun to bake, but they're also fun to EAT!

Tippy: I'll have to try that !

April: I'm glad your light box is working for you

CIN, Lynnie, Liz and anyone else I may have missed-have a wonderful day
Old 10-23-2003, 03:00 PM   #11  

Hi everyone!
It is pouring rain here...........good for the pre-winter soak before freezing but not great for the mood factor.

My house is clean, I am fed and all is well in my life!

Any one have their weight stuff handy? How much are you supposed to weigh if you are 5'3"?

Tip happy for you!
Joanne stay home and take the rest of the day off!
Kemp hang in there, things will be brighter tomorrow.
Cathy I cleaned and sorted pics yesterday...failed on the actual work out
Leens don't work too hard.
April what is with all the rain your way?
Cin enjoy your MIL
Everyone have a great rest of the day I am off to work shortly!
Liz
Old 10-23-2003, 03:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Liz - I hate those charts (bec I am so off the charts), but I found this one handy at

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

5'3"
Small Frame 111-124
Medium Frame 121-135
Large Frame 131-147

Cin - I'm holding back on my "hot" comments!

Kemp - you did not lose my attention. I read every word. You sound pretty overwhelmed. I know that pms can certainly make you feel like that. try to take a deep breath, slow down and take it one day at a time. Today, you can only deal with today. hugs sweetie!

Tip - where can I get some of that Apricot facial scrub?

April - so glad you are feeling good!

Joanne - please take it easy the rest of the day! you have my permission! and yeppers I had 2 cookies while they were warm but that's it - and I didn't even feel guilty - it was good and it was "only 2 cookies" so everythings cool.

My grandmother was very glad to get some fresh baked cookies so that made me feel good!

Liz - don't ya just love when your house is clean!

hugs chickadees!

Cathy
Old 10-23-2003, 04:08 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Default Re: Hello Ladies

Quote:
Originally posted by homebound
Leens: If the cold is getting to you, come on down to the sunny South and visit
I dunno if I could do that, don't all you southern bells have big hair ?

HAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Hugs
Old 10-23-2003, 04:36 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

ing at the Chickies.
Leens, you are cold because you are losing insulation!
Here's a site to get a boo at a "realistic" weight:
http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm
It works for me!
Old 10-23-2003, 06:41 PM   #15  
Walking by faith

Angry Originally posted by Leens

Quote:
...don't all you Southern Belles have big hair?
Not me-I'm a carpetbagger
Closed Thread