Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 03:23 PM   #1  

Default Fabulous 40's and then some... #148

Jen,
I am so sorry about your niece. What your family must be going through... I cannot even imagine. She and your family will be in my prayers. How old is she?
She is beautiful.
Terri
Old 10-22-2003, 08:46 PM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

My niece is 37, she's got daughters 12 and 8. She's my sister's eldest (of 6) daughter, is a kindergarten teacher who put herself thru college, earning a Master's Degree. The picture doesn't even do her justice, and she's as beautiful inside as out.

I just feel you are all like family, and I had to share this and ask for your prayers.

~Jen
Old 10-23-2003, 12:38 AM   #3  

SO SAD! Those poor little girls. This must be so hard on you.
We are here for you. If you ever need to talk.
Terri
Old 10-23-2003, 06:42 AM   #4  

Dear Jen,

I am so sorry about your niece. It is heartbreaking news for your whole family. I can only echo that we are here for you, and that you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sandy
Old 10-23-2003, 09:35 AM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Today is Joey's birthday....25! I truly don't know how that's possible, or where those years went. We're taking him out to dinner, afterwards he's meeting up with Iliana, who has classes until 9 p.m.

The situation w/my niece is just like a rollercoaster. Having been thru this with my Mom, I know it's normal to have life go on, with joys and happy times sandwiched in between the thoughts of what she's going thru.
It's tough for my other nieces, one of whom I'm very close with, who are faced with having to balance raising their families and the everyday things that seem to take away from their focus on their sister. That's when the guilt creeps in, which is normal but unsettling.

Last night I helped paint the new Community Policing Center our village is establishing. They purchased a building w/storefronts and apts. above it in a two block strip that has a reputation for gang-bangers and what little crime our town has. They will have crime prevention classes, a workout gym for the officers, etc., in this building.
A couple of us and one officer painted one of the rooms that will be used for meetings, etc. It was fun, and only took us 4 hours. Joe is still trying to figure out why I love to work (volunteer) and not get paid for it

I've had a few days in a row of poor portion control, and, in general, giving in to cravings. Joe and I also haven't walked since Friday, and I think there is a direct correlation. We didn't walk due to the workout of taking out the bushes over the weekend, but have to get back to it.

ok, I'm writing a book here!
Have a good day,
~Jen
Old 10-23-2003, 11:54 AM   #6  

I commend you for liking to volunteer. I do not like to. Maybe when the kids are grown I will. I treasure any downtime I get. Have fun getting the building ready.
Happy Birthday to Joey. 25!!! WOW!!! Brittany will be 25 in 7.5 yrs. and I know it will go FAST!!!!! Try to have fun tonight.

Give your nieces, great nieces, sister and BIL our HUGS!!!!!

Terri
Old 10-23-2003, 04:36 PM   #7  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi guys:

Jen - to Joey! Hope you enjoy him tonite. I know you're thinking about your niece and its hard to focus on other things in life. Does she live in Chicago also? Do you get to see her?

Alana's coming home tonight - we haven't seen her since we brought her up to Binghamton in August! She's at her sister Lisa's right now and willie is picking me up to go over there to get her. Which means I also get a bonus - "the Jessa" Alana told me that Lisa is cooking chicken cutlet parmagiana - OMG! I'll have to look that up in the book for points and maybe just have a small piece.

Well, gotta get back to work, just wanted to wish Joey a happy birthday.

Hi Es, ZoeGirl, Terri, Janie, Sandy and Ruth - thanks to everyone for the congrats for the 4 lbs lost!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-23-2003, 05:26 PM   #8  

JEN, I am so sorry to hear about your niece. You and all your family will be in my prayers. I will also ask my step-daughter to include the family in their church prayer list.

I would volunteer if I had the time. School keeps me too busy. I've always wanted to work on a Habitat for Humanities (is that the name of it) project. Have fun with Joey! Kids and grandkids just grow up too fast.

Well, hello to everyone else, I have to run. I still have some studying to do before my next class. Talk to you all later.

Oh, I'm still pretty op. I still have 23 or 25 flex points left for the week with only 4 days to go. I think I can manage that!!

Take care,
ruth
Old 10-24-2003, 10:45 AM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thanks to all of you, Terri, Sandy, Dianne, Ruth, for your prayers and thoughts. It means so much to me.

Dianne,
Wow, that is a long time to go without seeing Alana! Hope you're having a wonderful visit. That chicken parm sounds great, I'd definitely fit in a piece and count the points, it'd be worth it.

Ruth,
You're doing great with the flexpoints! Usually I try to not use any, then they're there for the weekends.

We had a nice dinner w/Joey last night; gave him the Indiana Jones dvd set that came out on Tuesday. He loved those movies when he was young, literally watched them thousands of times. Now Brandon loves them.
Everyone's going to be here tomorrow night for dinner and to celebrate his bday.
We haven't seen the boys since Brandon's bday party a month ago needless to say, I'm looking forward to their visit.

later,
~Jen
Old 10-24-2003, 03:59 PM   #10  

Dianne,
Enjoy Alana and Jessa. I'll bet it is hard going that long.
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen,
Glad you had a nice dinner. My son is obsessed with Indiana Jones right now too. I'll have to get him that for Christmas.
After Sept. it is always for Christmas.
HUGS to your family. Enjoy the boys. A month is a long time. My mom hasn't seen us for a year. Wonder how she is handling it?
She can't travel with my dad anymore.

Ruth,
You are doing great!

Hi e Sandy, Zoe and Es.
Terri
Old 10-24-2003, 05:56 PM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
I know what you mean about the Christmas thing; since Joey's bday is in late October, he's always told he can't buy anything for himself from Labor Day thru the New Year! he's a video/audio fanatic, and if we didn't rein him in, he'd buy it all for himself leaving everyone with no ideas as to what to give him.

I feel for your Mom, not being able to see her grandchildren (or you ) for a year. While I'd love to move somewhere warmer for our old age, I can't bear to leave those boys.

Brandon has had an ear infection for a week now; Jess called and said they had to get him from school, his ear was so bad. The dr. said his eardrum is ruptured; he had tubes put in when he was 3, they said he'll have to have it re-done. Poor baby.

Haven't spoked to my sister since Wed....I told her to call when it's a good time. I don't want to be calling her at my niece's and disturbing JoAnn.

HI to all,
~Jen
Old 10-25-2003, 06:39 PM   #12  

Jen,
Poor Brandon. That is horrible. My Brandon had tubes twice and his ear drum ruptured at one point too. That has to hurt.
My mom used to come down once a year and we went up twice a year but with my dad she can't. It is so sad. I loved when she came down.
Let us know how your sister is doing. She should not have to ever bury a child. Noone should.

Luv ya,
Terri
Old 10-25-2003, 10:34 PM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
that 's exactly it..no one should have to bury a child.... I have a very hard time finding the right words to get my sister through this. It's the worst thing a parent can face.
Hearing that your Brandon went thru the tubes twice is reassuring. Brandon is here now and seems fine....a little quiet, but not as bad as I had feared.

a very busy day...see you tomorrow.

~Jen
Old 10-26-2003, 06:22 AM   #14  

Hi Buddies,

I have had one of the roughest weeks emotionally in a long time.
It is primarily due to focusing too much on sad news. One of my closest friends, whose name is Essie, is about to lose her mother to lung cancer. She and her sibs are holding a 24 hour vigil by her mom's bedside. This week at our church we had a memorial for a 20 year old soldier, a mere child, who died in a firefight in Iraq. Today we are having an anniversary memorial service for my father who died last fall. I feel as if I am just waiting for a new day and a new week and a new outlook. I know these feelings pass, but this was one of those weeks when I was just immersed in the bunching up of life's woes.

Jen, I was really grateful that you were able to write about the joys and the normalcy in between facing the illness of your dear niece.

Sorry for sharing my mood,
Sandy
Old 10-26-2003, 10:04 AM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Sandy,

I'm so sorry to hear of the emotional time you're going through.
My prayers are with Essie and her family. The tragic loss of the young soldier is heartbreaking....we all need to pray for peace.
I hope today brings many happy memories of your Father.

A week such as you've had can certainly be a test, but we also have to celebrate life.

Please don't apologize for your mood.....we're all here for the good and the bad, right? That's the reason I continue to check in here each day, it's gone beyond the weight loss connection.

love,
~Jen
Closed Thread