South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 08:25 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Friday, October 17

Hey, you Beauties, first one up can start "Just Chat" you know.

I've been up since before 6, done the dogs, had a bath, made soup from last night's leftovers plus fridge stuff and Harry is still asleep!

We heard from my pal Dr Bob as follows "Hi Ruth and Harold,
I have the results for Harold and will bring them on the weekend. There are no surprises here just evidence for 2 small strokes, in brain areas with high traffic. This CT gives no information about dating these strokes. I suspect that the new onset of symptoms results from another small stroke that is not seen here." We will take the results to our PCP on Monday and see what he decides should be next on the list. Probably more meds!

So how was your yesterday? And how will your today be?

H. is stirring so I haven't time to address everyone but I'll be back.

Ellis - do NOT eat the whole cottage this weekend!

And Lizzie, thanks for the clarification re the park ladies! I have a friend who refers to her park ladies as they volunteer to look after a park and I was wondering if you were doing the same. Of course, Florida is one big park anyhow.

Gotta go.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Mornin
Didn't get a very long walk in this morning. I'm kinda crampy feelin or crappy

It thundered and lightninged (? new word ) last night and woke me up. I don't like storms. But it's not so bad when hubby is there. Next week he'll be out of town all week

One good thing for today.....I get off at noon That's a good way to start a weekend

Have a good one!
Old 10-17-2003, 09:10 AM   #3  
Imagine...

Morning all, I got a late start today. I had such a good time alone yesterday I took today off also! I plan on gearing up mentally for Franny's & my quit smoking challenge. As of tomorrow we will both be non-smokers!

Glad to hear that H is ok so to speak

Have a Great day all !
Old 10-17-2003, 09:11 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Motts, I'm sorry you're feeling crappy.
I hope for no thunderstorms all next week. Enjoy your afternoon off, sweetie!

Ruth, this should all be over by now. Dear Harry... love and hugs to both of you.

Lizzie, I was always terribly intrigued by trailers as a child. They seemed like fabulous doll houses to me.

DD has a psychologist's appointment this afternoon, and then we're all going up (down?) to the cottage. I'm going to stock up on OP foods. If I can remember what those ARE!

Have a wonderful day, girls. Love to all of you...
Old 10-17-2003, 09:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

I KNEW someone would post at the same time as me!
Sflake, good luck to you and Franny with the smoking. I KNOW you can do it.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:19 AM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

Good Morning All: I just had a wonderful post all ready and it disappeared. So now all I'll say is I'm ready for a second cup of coffee.

Frannie and Whimsey the non smokers Keep up the good work. You will be so proud of yourselves for this great stsep in your lives, and because you are on plan you won''t gain like so many people do, eating to compensate.

Ellis: Haave a nice weekend at camp. Hope you got lots of good OP stuff to go.

Ruth: You must have some relief knowing at last what the CT showed. No carotid artery surgery, and often meds can do the trick. My Dads name was Harold and he was called Harry. Never heard him called anything else. So that name has : for me. I pray that your H. will make steady progress in recovery.

Off now to the rest of the 'races' for the day. Haave a good Beach weekend all. Lizzie
Old 10-17-2003, 11:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello

I hope you don't mind me jumping in. This looks like such a nice strand. I'm brand new here and would love to have a group to check in with each morning. Is that okay?

I work (until 5:00 today) two jobs that leave me in an office mostly alone. Then I am in school from 5:00 - 10:30 every night. That is my only real social interaction right now. I'm people starved! Today is my last day at my morning job. hallallujah!!! So starting next week I can go to the gym and hopefully talk some poor runners ear off while I'm there. just kidding!

Well, I'll just say hi for now. I hope you all have a great weekend!!
Old 10-17-2003, 11:47 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Little Grasshopper. Of course you can join us! I'm glad you popped in and am looking forward to seeing more of you.
What are you studying at school?
Old 10-17-2003, 11:49 AM   #9  

Hi chicksters...
I'm slowly working my way back...I've been MIA from here for a month and just posted in my Diana Thread....

I need you guys!!!!

Di
Old 10-17-2003, 11:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

RuthXXX - I'm studying Massage Therapy. I'm 30 and had to watch my brother go all the way through his program before I finally realized - "hey, that was MY dream!" and found the gutts to leave my corporate america job to be a starving student. I'm so glad I did!! I really believe you should love what you do - and I did not! I want to go into body work. I'm not sure that I'll stick with massage but it's a wonderful foundation for most other types of bodywork, so I feel good about starting here.

Thanks for the great welcome. I appreciate having a group with common goals to talk to!
Old 10-17-2003, 01:32 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone...hope you are having a great day!

I am in trouble at home, as I switched computers and forgot to set up the printer. DH works at home and is not a happy camper! (he needs to get a life and learn how to do some computer work himself!) Oh Well...he will have to wait.

It is nice to take a few minutes and read everyone's posts...I have been spending a lot of time reading old ones, I feel like I am getting to know you all!

Ruthxxx - I read a lot of your journal...I hope things go well for you and Harry. Your journal is great!

Have A Great Day!!!
Old 10-17-2003, 10:10 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Sflake: Sorry I got you confused with Whimsey on the cigarette deal. Hope the patch works for you. Maybe the gum will be hard for Frannie with her braces. I guess sometimes 'cold turkey' is the only way. and i'm sure that is really hard. But I know you can do it. Lizzie
Closed Thread