Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 06:28 PM   #1  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default Portable Lunch Ideas

What do you all take for lunch - for those of you who work outside the home??

I have been taking salad with chopped chicken breast on it - but need some variance in that. It gets tiresome after a while... as do the hb eggs.

I just need some good lunch ideas that I can bring with me to work.

Thanks,

The Nugget Chucker...
Old 10-15-2003, 09:39 PM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay here goes: there are always dinner leftovers, make a bit extra and then package up meat/chicken/fish and veggies.

I Love tuna salad or egg salad, and I often get tired of salads and much prefer cut up veggies, so I make up baggies of sliced cucumber and radishes, celery and peppers or any other lc veggies of your choice....also bring along a container of ranch or ceasar dressing for dipping!

Today I had ham/cheese rolllups - I am lazy at making lunches and I am lucky to have a fridge at work....always have cheese slices, diet drinks, cream cheese and cold cuts in there. Took about five slices of ham and cheese and rolled them up..very yummy, with a baggie of cucumber slices and radishes and dip! Very filling.

I am thinking next time of bringing lettuce leaves to add to the rollups....like a sandwich without the bread!

We also have a cafetaria at work. Most of the stuff is not very lc friendly, but they do have a salad bar with a small selection of "safe" items...then off to the grill for a bacon cheeseburger, no bun (they no longer look at me funny)...and voila an Atkins friendly lunch for only $4.25!

Would love to hear other brown bag suggestions as well!

Froufy
Old 10-15-2003, 11:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/158.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I WORK IN A BUSY ER SO WE WORK 12 HOURS A DAY AND DON'T GET TO LEAVE FOR LUNCH. I HAVE A SWEET HUBBY THAT BRINGS ME SALADS FROM THE LOCAL PLACES. THAT HELPS SOME WITH THE VARIETY

DINKI
Old 10-16-2003, 12:37 AM   #4  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Froufy,

LOVE the idea of the ham and cheese roll ups! Will have to do that.

I bought a Costco bag of single serving cream cheese packets to take with me which will eliminate the need to bring a container of cheese every day. Ham, spread with cream cheese, lined with lettuce leaves and then cheddar cheese on top, rolled up.... YUM!!!

Tried the whipped cream/jello combination tonight after dinner. It was okay, but the only flavor I had was strawberry and that isn't my favorite. So, I'll have to try it again with the chocolate pudding.

Dh does all the dinner cooking so there usually aren't too many dinner leftovers (He won't eat them so plans accordingly...) but I'll ask him to please cook a bit more from time to time so I'll have those, too.

The bags of veggies sounds great!! I always have a bag of celery with me to munch on - but LOVE the English cucumbers, too. I found Marie's blue cheese dressing has no sugar substance added and it's very good.

Hmmm... now you've got me thinking.... I'll post more as I think about it.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:17 PM   #5  
reaching my goals

I usually eat salad with shredded cheddar and bacon bits. I change the kind of lettuce that I eat though for variety. A couple of days last week I didnt have salad but had two small meals of hard boiled eggs and sausage patties. Ive also made the ham buttons - lay out a piece of sliced ham, pat somewhat dry with paper towel then spread cream cheese and roll up. then slice into bite sized pieces. These are actually better for a snack though.

I'm in need of variety also.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:15 AM   #6  

I tend to do salads at lunch. I make a small salad and have either tuna salad, chicken, ham or turkey in it. I sometimes make a taco salad with seasoned ground beef, shredded mexican cheese, sour cream and my homemade salsa. That is my favorite. I am going to make it tonight as a matter of fact to bring for lunch tomorrow. I am having guacamoli with it this time also.

I want to try some soups this winter for lunch but don't think they will be that filling so I will probably still bring a small salad or some cut up veggies.

I do the ham, turkey, cheese roll-up things. They are very filling. Most times I have that with my salad.
I always brings an ounce or two of some kind of cheese with me so that I can munch on that during the day. I also do the Atkins shakes once in a while if I need a sweet fix.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:43 PM   #7  
Head Princess

I do a lot of left over dinner stuff for lunches. I try to take it easy on salads because lettuce and I don't always get along.

My current favorite snack foods are these little things called "Just the Cheese" they're little rounds of baked cheese - yummy! When I do have salad, I crumble up some of the garlic herb ones and use them as croutons. I'm also a big sucker for cream cheese and celery.
Closed Thread