Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 04:21 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default foot care!!!!

ok folks. we've discussed this more than once.. and we've all promised to do it, or to continue doing it.

SOOOOOO...

how's it going??? how are your feet????

mine are softer, with fewer cracks, less painful. so that's a good thing!!! and i'm no longer hiking in my sneakers [having bought a GREAT new pair of BASS hiking boots at HALF PRICE!!!!!!]. so those calluses are disappearing too.

how about YOU????
Old 10-14-2003, 04:43 PM   #2  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default feet bah

my feet are awful. big crusty blocks of dry dead yellow skin. i have terrible athletes foot. i never wear sox with trainers so my feet sweat. and when i'm at home i never wear anything on my feet i walk over the road to the local store bare foot even jog a bit but stopped after a small incident with broken bottle. i just like the feeling of air round my toes
Old 10-14-2003, 05:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I started changing my socks every day--does that count? It's not much, but it's a start.

I do cut my toenails regularly (much easier now that my stomach has shrunk!), but I hate messing with my feet because of the dang toenail fungus.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:09 PM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

hiking boots, eh?
I've always walked in my sneekers - it makes a difference?
I have no plans for my feet- is there something I should buy?
Old 10-14-2003, 07:10 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I'm ashamed to admit that I have some athlete's foot that I wouldn't even show my mom (the nurse). Funny, it makes my feet smell sweet (no, I do not go around smelling my feet but we do yoga barefoot and in some poses, you get a good whiff). I think it's from having an early exercise class and not being able to change my shoes for a few hours afterwards.

I'm going to make an effort to get my feet back though.

And paint my toe nails.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:15 PM   #6  

I use a sander (foot thing) on my feet once a week and about once every 3 mths I go to get a pedecure(sp?). I never used to, but earlier this summer my feet cracked and started to bleed so that was pain full enough to take care of them.

My massuce(sp?) even commented about how good they now look.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:01 PM   #7  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

WOW! Perfect timing on this subject! I haven't been here for the previous discussions on foot care, but I'm going to get my first pedicure on Thursday (pampering day from the guys at work - massage, pedicure and manicure). I've always avoided it because I have one truly ugly toenail that I'm living with (the other option is to cut off the tip of my toe and honestly which is worse? Ugly toenail that can be hidden by shoes or half of a toe which will cause an otherwise perfectly uncoordinated person to be even more uncoordinated?) Hopefully, this will be the beginning of a new trend into foot care.

Old 10-14-2003, 10:02 PM   #8  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

my heels are much better but my toenails are still not good. I don't feel like going to get a pedicure right now so I cut them myself.

Hey you ladies with the fungus and atheletes foot, please go see your doctor!! There are antibiotics that will clear this stuff up. Don't suffer with it any longer.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:41 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

i agree.. go to the doctor.. there's no reason to suffer with the fungus and athlete's foot... it only makes matters worse. and increases the risk of more infection. and from someone who landed in the hospital from a nasty infection in the leg... please PLEASE take this seriously.

and dana.. i didn't think about the hiking boots until everyone started yelling at me because of my knees. and they were right. the boots are more stable and keep your knees and ankles better aligned and more stable. honest!!!
Old 10-15-2003, 11:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Unfortunately, the medication for fungus has some serious side effects that require a monthly blood test. I guess I'm not willing to risk those side effects to have nice toenails. You do make a point about the risk of infection, however. I try very hard to keep my thick, fungusy toenails cut as best I can so they don't cause problems with the skin.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:44 AM   #11  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Pacquin. I swear by it. Slather it on at night w/a pair of socks. Wake up to pretty feet.

My toenails are Vintage Burgundy this month. Life is too short for anything other than Maybelline Express Finish.

For the one who missed the previous discussions: Freeman's BareFoot Line is the bomb!

http://freemancosmetics.com/barefoot.htm
Closed Thread