View Poll Results: Private 100lbs club or All of 3FC
Let's keep it private to 100 lbs club only 7 41.18%
Let's open it up to all of the 3FC Forums 10 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 04:00 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default 100 lbs club only or open to all 3FC?

Ok Ladies (and Gents). The question on the table is regarding our Chicago gathering. Is this a private 100 lbs club thing or would you like to open it to all the forums here at 3FC.

Let me know what you think.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:08 PM   #2  
Searching

I would love to see Suzanne and Jennifer there!

Miss Chris
Old 10-10-2003, 04:09 PM   #3  
Searching

In fact all the moderators Ruthxx, Mrs. Jim, and Mauvis is that selfish? LOL!

Miss Chris
Old 10-10-2003, 04:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Well, I post at other 3FC forums, and would love to meet those people, some of whom live in the Midwest.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:47 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

i figure: the more the merrier!!!! we all have friends on other boards. but a word of warning: if we open it up to everyone, we'll HAVE to be more organized!!!!!! maybe. on the other hand, we'll also have more people to help organize!!!!

but sandi is still the head of operations in my book [oops... maybe i shouldn't have said that with her gall bladder surgery next week!!!!]
Old 10-10-2003, 07:24 PM   #6  
Crazy Canuck

If there's a forum here called "Great looking, single, intelligent men w/ sense of humour", then invite them by all means
Old 10-10-2003, 07:31 PM   #7  
it's always something

LOL, Jillegal

Jiffypop, you have made good points. I'm not sure we could organize something that big. I'd sure hate to put Sandi in that position! How about we don't make it an official 3FC gathering, but still consider it the 100lb Club. And if others happen upon it and want to join, then it will be that much better, but not too scary
Old 10-10-2003, 10:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i'd like more people... if only for the price part of it! we might be able to get a better price for a lot of people.

but really, i love people. i want to meet as m,any people as i possibly can.

AND i'm helping organize!!
Old 10-10-2003, 11:43 PM   #9  
WW Moderator

I don't want to sound like a stick in the mud, but for various liability-related and personal reasons, I think this should be done a little more unofficial than a large multi-forum gathering, including the use of the word 'convention'. Like Suzanne, I'd be much more comfortable if this will be referred to as a gathering, get-together or meetup, similar to what other forums do. I hope nobody has a problem with this, but if you do, please feel free to PM me!
Old 10-11-2003, 02:00 AM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I agree w/Jennifer. The word 'convention' was used as well as get-together, I think we just used convention b/c it sounds more professional.

I don't think we should open it up. I have been thinking about this since lunch & here are my reasons, before anyone gets their knickers in a twist:

How many people do we have registered here? 20,000+??? Recipe for disaster, logistics-wise.

We all voted on what weekend & what city, the other forums did not. I can just see the posts now, "Why not here, why not there, why not have one everywhere? W/a box, w/a fox, on a train, in the rain?" Blah. No.

Inviting Suzanne, Jennifer & Amy is only natural b/c D'oh! They are the original 3FC. I never thought they would not be included.

My question is: how did this issue come about? Did someone on another forum ask to be included? Was there something asked in a thread that I missed?

Yeah, using the word convention makes it seem like there will be seminars, speakers, discussion forums, etc. I was thinking of it more like a mini-vaca w/my net friends, most of us will be @ goal at that point, or at least that much closer. I thought we'd do Shedd Aquarium, Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile, etc. I knew we'd eventually get around to talking about being fat chicks, and this journey we've each been on, but even that will have to be carefully planned out so that everyone gets their say & no one feels left out.

Having said that, you can't please everyone, no matter what you do, someone will be sulking. *shrugs*

Normally, I would say the more the merrier, too, but I think w/something like this, it would take away from the experience.

Just my $0.02. But as you know, I am a Gemini, ask me next week & get a completely different answer.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i am taking in what SAPF said, and i have to say, it makes sense. plus, even as i was typing "the more the merrier", i was thinking "but wait... i don't know any of these people at all!" when i feel like i really KNOW you guys from all your posts.

and hey, gathering is fine with me! "chicago convention" just had a nice ring to it. ;P
Old 10-11-2003, 11:39 AM   #12  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally posted by SuchAPrettyFace
My question is: how did this issue come about? Did someone on another forum ask to be included? Was there something asked in a thread that I missed?

That would be my fault I had asked Sandi if the meetup was limited to the 100lb club, or what if people from the other forums found out and wanted to go. So that posed the question of keeping it restricted to this group or not.

You brought up some very good points! Especially regarding the use of the word convention. I agree, that brings to mind meetings, speakers, refreshments, and something I'm not very good at -- organization, lol. A lot of people on our forums have arranged meetups and they have been informal and very successful. Debelli, the Sugar Busters queen , has had quite a few! Many of the low-carbers have also met in small groups. I always hear wonderful stories, and occasionally get lucky enough to see photos of the happy groups. I think that this is what was originally planned for the 100lb club.

We HAVE talked about having an official 3FC convention. It would be carefully organized. Jennifer mentioned liability issues, and there really is a lot to consider with such an endeavor. We've been tossing around ideas for a while, but we are not in a position to afford something like that right now. It would be expensive to pull off. But that's another story In the meantime, there have been and will continue to be small -unofficial- gatherings from the forums, which are wonderful ways for friends to meet.

I am sorry for any confusion I caused!
Old 10-11-2003, 07:01 PM   #13  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

We need to remember the purpose behind all this.. to meet each other. I don't want to go and listen to someone speak! I want to meet you guys! -
It's a get together in a place and time agreed. I don't think it's fair for anyone to be assigned to "entertain" us.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:42 PM   #14  
Searching

Here's the secret ya'll don't know about me yet. I will talk to anyone. That whole don't talk to strangers thing never worked when I was a kid. Because strangers are your friends you just haven't met yet.

I am getting so excited about meeting ya'll in person!!!!!!!!!

Miss Chris
Old 10-12-2003, 12:29 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Well, that's good news, Miss Chris, because I've always been very shy, and this is a big "out of my comfort zone" kind of thing. But I'm determined to be there. So, please, be really nice to me!

Last edited by Sheila53; 10-12-2003 at 12:31 AM.
Closed Thread