Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 06:20 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #106

Here we go again!!Yesterday I did healthy eating from Phil's book and when I calculated the points it was only 18. But I didn't have enough protein and 1-2 too many carbs. But it makes my head think differently. I also joined the health club at a nearby hotel. What a beautiful facility-nicer than the Y and quiet. brad might join with me. My insurance will pay for some-33 a month for on or 52 for 2. And we could get back 300 from Blue Cross. Not bad. But my legs hurt-I was up on a ladder washing windows and swimming-don't know which got me. Weigh in today-don't feel lighter-Walls in hall almost done, making way for carpenter, then painting, rug, tile. Picked it out already. Teal walls, dark teal rug, and white tile. Red Sox lost-Michael wants Marlins and Sox to win so he can go to World Series in FL, Happy Friday everyone. Mima
Old 10-10-2003, 06:40 AM   #2  

Mima....teal sounds pretty and I am rooting for the Cubs!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the second year the lady bugs have been really bad. They like to hang by the light on the ceiling as you come in the back door and it is very high up so hard to reach all the little critters

Made my son a new Choc chip recipe to mail to him but I ate way too many. This is a really rich and gooey recipe and you add a tsp of lemon juice to keep the cookies soft. They make like a 3-4 inch cookie but they are about 6 pts apiece
Old 10-11-2003, 07:41 AM   #3  

I die for chocolate chip cookies. Congrats Joanne-a pound is good, I lost half a pound and I only have 1 3/4 to go. I am a turtle!!!But I didn't walk last week because of sciatica. Now my legs are killing me because of the ladder-never again. Taking my step-grandaughter to the apple orchard today. I found Speedo bathing suits at the mall nearby-on sale, I like them for the pool. Walls are finished-carpenter can come back next week. We get some ladybugs-more last year. Have a great weekend everyone. Mima
Old 10-12-2003, 12:45 AM   #4  

I'm back. I was glad to get home! I'm sure you guys know how I'm feeling after a week away from my bed. I made the trip down pretty good actually ... better than I thought I would. The condo was great. Really clean and furnished nice. The kids LOVED it! Their room was so sweet ... twin beds done in bright colors and they had their own bathroom. We had a big living room - dining room & kitchen all open and sliding doors opening to a huge terrace overlooking the ocean with sliding doors opening on it from mine and hubby's room next to the living room, too. Our room had a big walkin closet and large bathroom with whirlpool tub. The unit had three bedrooms & baths and a utility room with full size washer and dryer. There was an indoor and outdoor pool and whirlpool and we were right on the beach. It only rained one day and we went shopping that day. I'm afraid I over extended myself, though. I knew I would with the kids along. I tend to 'help out' too much! Daughter is already planning NEXT year! I'm not so sure! Baby Jenna was about to cry when we took them home ... we asked her what was wrong and she said she was sad because she wouldn't be seeing Meme and Papa every day any more! She wouldn't hardly let me out of her sight. She came in our room with her doll one night and I asked her what she was doing. She said, "I going to seep wif youse." I said, "I think not! I think youse going to seep in youse own bed!" and took her back to her room! Ross did really well while we were gone. We only had a couple of 'episodes' with him all week! His new meds are working better but one bad side effect is they have decreased his appetite and he sure didn't need that! They're wonderful kids but they sure do tire me out!

I've read your posts and caught up on what's going on with you. Sorry about your dog, Candice ... I can sympathize! It's a hard decision! Congrats to all of you who are losing! I don't know if I've lost or gained ... feels like I've probably stayed close to the same. Congrats on the anniversary Anagram and hello to everyone I've missed. I'll try to do better next time. I'm tired and it's past bedtime! Hope your Aunt is better Ally!

Later
Old 10-12-2003, 07:31 AM   #5  

Welcome back Meme-sure sounds like a nice place-my kind of place too. I took my big city step-grandaughter to the apple orchard yesterday-she had no idea that you picked the apples off the ground-she had to inspect every apple twice-but we had fun. Then we had to get a birthday present for her dad and it was good-she takes so long to make decisions. It was so beautiful out and the leaves were gorgeous. Gotta go make breakfast-I had fried fish last night-takeout-and an apple dumpling -yum-that will have to be my treat for a week. Have a nice day and boo the Red Sox and Yanks for their bad behavior!!!But I do want the Sox to win. Mima
Old 10-12-2003, 08:42 PM   #6  

Glad you fared better than expected, Meme. I know the mixed emotions though about "next year". Love to be with the kids but much more tiring than just the two of us.

Safely back from helping out with my darlings while there Daddy was in Egypt. Loved the time with them, tired. So dh and I took a "vacation" at our own resort here the last few days. Went to a Punkinfest today and an OcTUBAfest yesterday - beautiful weather and lots of walking done. Very relaxing.

Back to business in the morning, though. Hope to finish most of the stuff for the lawyer this week and move on to other things. Found an outfit for nephew's wedding. Another big goal met.

Big goal coming up - for first time in a year, dh has a golf game set up for Tuesday. I've sort of been thinking that until he's back to golf I won't consider him "well". Actually, I know he'll never be "well" again truly but it's a part of our "normal" that I'd like him to have back. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:31 AM   #7  

Hi all. Well, I survived another Thanksgiving. I am very full. Didn't have turkey as hubby isn't crazy about it, but had a beautiful Roast Beef with roasted veggies and salad. For dessert we had Pumpkin Pie and a Pear Pie - both we excellent. Had dinner at my daughter's house this year - first time in forever that I have not had to cook dinner. However, tomorrow, they are all coming here for brunch, so I guess I will be busy and I am tired. Had my grand daughter staying with us on Saturday and until we went to her house for dinner today. She is such a good little gal. Love to have her, but I am not used to playing with kids and they have a LOT of energy. I will survive. Think I may have to go to the chiro. this next week. My last treatment has lasted over 7 weeks and this is great.

Meme - so glad you had a good holiday.

Anagram - glad you got to enjoy a "mini" holiday around home.

Mimi - The teal sounds nice. Love that color. Hope it all gets finished for you quickly now. It must be like living in a whole new house soon.

Candice - Hope you are feeling better.

I have been on Diflucan for 5 weeks now, and FINALLY I MUST be getting rid of some of the yeast. It has gone systemic and I believe it is from the cortisone shots. That is what the Dermatologist told me. Cortisone causes yeast to multiply very rapidly. Anyway, my sweet tooth has disappeared and I no longer crave sugar. Maybe now, I can start to lose some of the weight I want to lose. With an over abundance of yeast, your body will not let go of anything. I sure hope this is true.

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:50 AM   #8  

Baby Jenna wanted Meme to make her a 'paper' with her picture at the beach on it so she could take it to show her friends at preschool tomorrow how much fun she had on vacation ... So I just made her a picture page on the internet and printed it out for her. I let her pick out 5 of her favorite pictures to go on it. She picked out one pool picture, two of the dolphin cruise we went on and two of her at the beach. Here is her page if you are interested.

http://www.memeart.com/JennasVacation.html
Old 10-13-2003, 08:20 AM   #9  

Good morning-what a rainy day yesterday-didn't do much-game got rained out too which is good because the worst pitcher was going to pitch. Meme-you are so smart to make that web page. My son has all his pictures on a page and it's so grat to see them from far away. Happy Thansgiving, Anne. Glad you got some rest, Anagram and some relaxation. Golf isn't too strenuous when you have a cart and it's fun. I am having a party for Brad in November but I don't think the stairway will be done but carpenter is coming this week and he's going to paint too. He's ao dependable-he'll show up every day til it's done. And Pastor is going to tile and he's a perfectionist and hard worker. 3 weeks to the party!!But it has given me an incentive to clean and then I'll be cleaned before FL. It's beautiful out today. Mima
Old 10-13-2003, 09:58 AM   #10  

Default Hey There

Happy Thanksgiving! Happy.. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Still hot here. I hear that the areas in the north are really pretty now.
I had a busy weekend and now I have to get down to the business of thinking about the coming holidays. I think we will spend Thanksgiving at my daughters.
I always plan to start my Christmas buying early and don't always do it. It is so difficult to buy for the adults . I don't want to get something they have so I guess I will just have to go looking and be nosey .
Busy day.. I just wanted to say Hello . ...Joanne
Old 10-13-2003, 03:30 PM   #11  

Hi Guys....
I don' know what supplement comes with your Sunday papers but ours was about stress. And the first section was on MS and lupus. And there is a connection between stress and these autoimmune disorders. They said that some people go four to five years with a diagnosis like Fibro before they discover that it is something else. Scares me. It said to document flareups, times when it is better etc. I am still in one heck of a flare up. Had to help my aunt on Sat and almost lost her wheelchair trying to get her up a ramp. I just have no energy.
Nice fall day today, did get in a walk outside.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:30 AM   #12  

ally I have a friend who was just diagnosed with MS and they thought it was Fibro..scares me too!

I feel yucky and still sucking up the lady bugs! Weather is poopy too!
Old 10-14-2003, 05:32 AM   #13  

Cute page for Jenna meme..the kids will love it!
Old 10-14-2003, 06:09 AM   #14  

I get tested and so far, no lupus. The Red Sox won and I was smart enough not to stay up. I went to the pool yesterday but there were too many people. Still was nice but it's not a big pool so had to avoid people doing laps. Maybe try the water aerobics ONCE. To see. Carpenter coming today-we don't even have all the stuff. But we will. I have been doing the healthy eating plan but I eat too many carbs, not enough protein and veggies. When I add my points-I'm under. Problem-can't eat raw vegetables. I'll figure it out. I do love my carbs. Tomorrow I have to have a fasting blood test for cholesterol med but then I'm going out to breakfast with friends-then to massage. Not a bad morning. Hi everyone-Go Red Sox!!!and Cubs. Mima
Old 10-14-2003, 07:10 PM   #15  

Default Hey There

I know what you mean Mima- I love the carbs too. But, I have not eaten any for the past month. I bought The SBD book and have been faithful to the diet. Lost only 6 lbs and have not gone off tract but once. I am really disappointed. I am not as bloated though and have been more or less satisfied with what I am eating. My points have been under all the time with the exception of once or twice.They say you don't need to count points on this eating plan...I still do.
OK. Girls I am relying on you to give me some good advice????You would think I would have lost more.
I walked yesterday. My regular route. I didn't sleep all night. I don't think there was a joint in my body that didn't hurt. Didn't even give it a thought today. Maybe tomorrow.
Meme- I'm glad you had a good vacation. I bet you were glad to get home though.
Ally- Hope you are feeling better by now.
Anagram- It was good to hear your hubby is doing well enough to golf. How did he do?
Candice,..Hello. We have the lady bugs down here too. I read where they will get rid of the aphids on your plants.My son had a real problem with them in one of his houses. My daughter hasn't complained about them yet this year. They were bad last year.
Hello Happy...
Bye..Joanne
Closed Thread