South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 02:10 AM   #1  

Default my really long bio

I am 20 years old and I have never had a problem with my weight untill now. I was always very very active in high school, I did cheerleading, volleyball, and track, every year. When I graduated I didnt really do much of anything and slowely I started gaining pounds. I didnt really notice it at first but its finally gotten to a point where Im like, ok I cant fit any of my old clothes and Im starting to feel really unhappy with the way I look. When it started effecting my self confidence I realized I needed to do something. Ive never been on a diet before and I know that its not so much about "dieting" but changing your habits, the way you eat and being active. so Ive started the south beach diet because I read the book and it sounds really healthy. Ive been on it one week as of today and I love it, Im actually kind of having fun, it gives me something to do and something to work towards. I am 5'6 currently 143lbs and my goal is to get back down to 120 or 125. But Im not concerned about the pounds as much as I am sizes, I am a 10/11 now and I want to be a 5/6. Other things I like... I like to run, be creative, Im addicted to ebay, I like to create webpages, I love greek, korean, and cuban food, fine wines, and movies that are so stupid they are funny. look forward to getting to know you all and hearing your success stories!
Old 10-09-2003, 05:38 AM   #2  
Mous

With such a POSITIVE attitude like that you WILL be there in no time.

Good Luck and CONGRATULATION'S.

Lady
Old 10-09-2003, 08:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Jenny!
Sounds like you REALLY need to be getting active again. You're not that overweight for your height, but you're probably getting jiggly from lack of exercise.
Good luck, hon!
Old 10-09-2003, 09:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Hiya Jenny! I was a cheerleader in h.s. too. That kept me in pretty good shape. I can still actually do the splits, but not the backflips and such.

You'll be able to get down to the weight you want. For your height thought, it doesn't sound like you are overweight. Start walking and then maybe jogging or something. I started walking about 1-2 miles a day and can see an improvement

Good luck and keep us posted
Old 10-09-2003, 02:01 PM   #5  

Hi there and welcome Jennilyn!!! I know that everyone has their own goals... but your current weight has been my goal and I guess at 5'7" I need to re-think that now! Maybe it will be my first goal! NAAAAAH! Too Hard for a first goal! hmmmmmm......

Best wishes for success and happiness! Welcome to the best site ever!! Pull up a towel and enjoy the beach!

hugs,
Old 10-09-2003, 08:54 PM   #6  
Fighter

Good to have you here! I'm one year older and the same height as you, I would love to be at 143 right now, but I'm stuck between like 148 and 150 (I've been weighing myself every day, naughty, but I want to see the numbers go DOWN!). My ultimate goal is 125, but I haven't been there since 8th grade, so it may be unrealistic. My normal weight is like 133, so I'd be happy with that. Anyway, good luck to you, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! Don't get discouraged if the weight loss goes slow, I've heard that the closer you are to your goal, the slower it comes off. I can definitely attest to that. :-D
Closed Thread