South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 07:24 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Wednesday, October 8

A quick post this a.m. but will check in later.

I am resisting my strong urge for coffee and glugging water as I have to go to the Vampire Nurses this morning for bloodwork - second try! If this doesn't work I'll have to go to the lab in town - or get a spigot installed!

The Metal Monster and I had a confrontation this morning and I need to face the music as I'm well out of ONEderland now. I refuse to change my stats until I've done a few days of pure South Beach. I guess I am an emotional eater! Gee, who'd have guessed?

Gotta drink more water and take a hot bath to warm up this old body for the ordeal!

Happy Hump Day!
Old 10-08-2003, 07:38 AM   #2  
Imagine...

Good Morning Beautiful Chicks

Got my 20 minute video done again before work this AM. A little warmer here, think that has something to do with me actually getting my butt out of bed

Ruthie~ Hope your veins cooperate. Spigots are only good on kegs of beer

Enjoy your day all!
Old 10-08-2003, 07:54 AM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Ruthie, sending good thoughts to plump up your veins! :

Sflake, good for you! Getting your exercise done before work is a a major accomplishment! I skipped my evening work out last night and opted to sew instead. But I did work out on my lunch break at work, so I am redeemed...somewhat!

I am feeling puny this morning and can't figure out why. Headache and very achy neck...need a tylenol and a heating pad I suspect.

Came home to a "gift" that one of the doggies left in loft...second day in a row! Not even sure which one of the beasts is doing it, but getting pretty ticked off about it. Why would he/she decide all of a sudden that the loft is preferable to the back yard? These dogs get all kinds of time outside, so there is no excuse for this that I can see. Okay, done venting.

Well, I'm off to bed and to nurse my noggin. Have a great day, chicksters!
Old 10-08-2003, 08:17 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

If this wasn't a fat forum, we'd all be saying things like, "Oh, Ruth. Don't you worry about your weight right now. This is a very stressful time for you. Here... have this steak and kidney pie."
However, it IS a fatty forum, so pull yourself together, woman! We love you (pardon the mush), and we want you to be healthy!
Good luck with the blood letting. Couldn't they take it from somewhere else? Like your jugular?

Sflake, congratulations on the exercise!! You're really doing well with it!

I was full of energy yesterday, and got a LOT done. Hoping this day will be similar.

love and hugs to all...
Old 10-08-2003, 08:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Franny, I didn't see you there... we posted together...
You take good care of that head, hon. You need a little massage... who's the closest to Ellen? Love and hugs... have a good sleep...
Old 10-08-2003, 09:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Mornin chickies! Oh gosh I hate getting blood work done. It's not a great way to start a day, that's fer sure.

sflake, congrats on your morning workout. I think next week I'll start getting up early again and doing my work out tape. Maybe it'll help me lose more weight

franny, sure hope your headache gets better soon. I usually get them about mid-afternoon and I'm just ready to go home. They aren't fun.

ellis, do ya still got some energy left in ya? I got some windows I could use cleaned and maybe some cleaning around the house Or how bout sharing some of that energy

Have a good day ladies!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:46 AM   #7  

Hey guys....been so busy here and not OP at all. Same old story! Found out yesterday that my dogs have hay fever!! Poor darlings...they are so miserable. Lunchin out today and I will salad it!! Check in later....
Old 10-08-2003, 10:14 AM   #8  

top of the mornin' to ya!

Ruth: It could have been leaches, so I guess this is at least... um... more...um...clean? Hope dracula finds a cooperative vein! About the diet/WOE/WOL, forget about yesterday and do well for this coming meal! Try not to beat yourself up about what you can't change in the past!!! Onederland is not far! One step at a time is the only way I get through my eating day!!! Can I make it OP through breakfast? Ok, now snack? ok...now lunch? I'll let you know~

Ellis: How was the conference? Did I miss that already in a previous thread? I've been a bit lost since my DH removed all the cookies on the computer! (Either he didn't know why they were there, or he's been jealous of all the time I've been spending with you gals!!!)

sflake: how do you get yourself up and out of bed to exercise? I try, but the warm bed is BEDDER and once I'm up I have to get the kids moving and breakfast going...

ms24gal: I'd even rather clean your windows instead of my own long list of things to do!!! Bet the windows need cleaning so you can enjoy the new furniture in the sunshine!!!

Franny: Did you finish the tropical shirts? I'm serious about taking orders (for $$)!!! Maybe after your trip we can talk about it!! About the headache, my DH and I just got turned on to Fast Melting Excedrine for headaches. It's like magic, but has caffein in it. It's the only caffein I seem to have anymore! Hope you're feeling better soon! Wonder what's up with the dogs!!? Are they missing out on attention?

Whimsey: I didn't even know dogs could have allergies!!!? How'd they ever figure that one out?! I love dogs, but I'm allergic to them (sorry Ruth and Ellis and Franny......) maybe they're allergic to me too?

Hope you all have a happy day at the beach!
xoxo,
Old 10-08-2003, 10:38 AM   #9  

they were itching like crazy and the ragweed is at an all time high...2+2= 4 right??? They don't have fleas anymore....thanks to "frount line." (so that was not the culprit) It effects humans by way of sneezing etc. Dogs just itch to death!! Poor babies!!
Old 10-08-2003, 11:17 AM   #10  
In Control: E+R=O

Hi all! I'm popping in quick from work and don't have time to respond to everyone, but wanted quickly to leave a message for franny about her "gifts". Is it....ummm....pee, or .....err......poo? If your dogs are fully trained and this is out of the ordinary, you might want to think of a vet visit or call. Dogs often break their training when they have a medical condition going on, for example a bladder infection or urinary crystals or kidney stones if the "gifts" are urine, or parasites or intestinal problems if the "gifts" are poo. I've had both happen, my male dog had urinary crystals and couldn't hold his urine, and my female had a little parasite problem and couldn't hold her poo. Just a thought.....

On that note.....hope everyone is having a nice day!!
Old 10-08-2003, 11:54 AM   #11  
Imagine...

I thought the same thing 2dog...maybe a call to the vet.

My dog sometimes has separation anxiety and eats a hole in the wall. He is used to always having someone around so When we all go out together (rare) dh usually ends up spackling the wall when we return. Thankfully it doesn't happen alot.

Serves me right I ate a donut and now I have heartburn

J&L~ the afore mentioned dog helps with the getting up early...seems like I am the only one that hears him barking (yeah right)

2dog ~ Hope they both were not sick at the same time

Last edited by sflake; 10-08-2003 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:35 PM   #12  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, everyone!

Ruth, may your veins be strong for the "bloodletters" today.
We are all thinking good thoughts for you!

Franny, hon, I sure hope your head and neck stop giving you trouble. That's no fun!

Ellis and Sflake, you both are doing so well on the exercise lately. I'm really proud of you!

Ms, by the time I get my exercise in, I am depleted of any energy for cleaning or domestic stuff! Is that awful, or just setting your priorities!!

Whimsey, Who'da thunk....allergies in dogs? I have enough trouble keeping up with my own!

Twodog and Sflake......I will not touch your subject of conversation!!!!! Just kidding!

Have a lovely day on the Beach all! I am planning to go off program tonight when DH takes me to this huge Fall Festival. Every kind of food booth you can imagine....and they all are filled with grease! I've been so good lately, and I figure one evening of splurging followed by purging will be O.K. I'll let you know how it goes.
~Sharon
Old 10-08-2003, 01:11 PM   #13  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

GOOD MORNING!!! I'm off schedule again!! Took the kids to school, came back and had a nap. Still tired!!! I have to figure out something to make for the potluck orchestra concert at DS13's school tonight. I finally realized THIS MORNING that I could make a Beach-legal entree, and now have to figure out WHAT!!!

Ruth-Hope the blood letting went okay!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:29 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

Hope that everyone's day is shaping up, Ruth....hopefully your doing well and ouch, Franny hope your head is feeling better.

Had a very tough day in therapy...ouch, just moving along -- all good stuff, but just exhausting!

Thinking about everyone!!!

rb
Old 10-08-2003, 07:37 PM   #15  

I am so glad to meet all of you out there in Cyber Space!!

I had a very good day at work today! Closed a really big deal and stayed on the BEACH ALL DAY!!!

In all of the material I have read about the PLAN (I still can't get the book in Windsor -- sold out) there isn't much info about serving size. Is this not an issue?

Marlene
Closed Thread