WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2001, 11:23 AM   #1  

I'll admit it, I love mayo, so when I took a survey in the book, Outsmart the Female Fat Cell, asking if you still put mayo on your sandwich I realized that's another eating lighter tip I hadn't been able to conquer... so one day I got up my nerve to order a "BK Broiler, hold the Mayo" and could hardly believe I was even saying those words. Well, it wasn't that bad. It reduced the points from 13.5 to 8.0 which is a good thing. I happened to have one of those packettes of mayo from another fast food place in my car just in case I needed to add it back... I didn't. But now, I have learned to say, hold the mayo, and if I want to add my own, I carry those little packs in the glove compartment for emergencies! I even measured 1 with my measuring spoons and it's exactly 1 tsp = 1 pt, so if I want mayo I can at least control the portion and points. Progress comes one step at the time, right? What have you been able to conquer?
Paige
Old 03-20-2001, 02:39 PM   #2  

I went from putting half a cup of milk in my coffee to using 2 tablespoons/cup. It was a gradual process though! I also use a lot less milk in my cereal and less dressing on my salad. After being a lifer for 20 months, I still weigh and measure almost everything. It's amazing how much more you eat when you don't consciously make the effort to monitor things.
Old 03-20-2001, 03:07 PM   #3  

Thanks for the reply. I am also working on reducing the amount of salad dressing I use and have tried both the fork dip method and the shaking method help. In fact just today I wanted Honey Mustard and they didn't have LF, so I go the regular and just used about 1/3 the serving provided and closed the take out container and shook. It was plenty and tasted great since it was the real thing!
I know what you mean about how much milk you use on cereal. I have now measured and have a particular bowl that I eat cereal from that I know what 1 serving looks like. When I'm particularly hungry I put plain yogurt with sweetener on my cereal since it seems to hold me longer.
Old 03-20-2001, 11:31 PM   #4  

I order the wopper jr. at Burger King and I always tell them no mayo. It's fine, I just add a packet of catshup and a little salt. No big deal.
Old 03-21-2001, 08:38 AM   #5  

Puggiegirl,
Have you always done this or is this new since WW?
Paige
Old 03-22-2001, 12:31 PM   #6  

Parsp,

I know you are not asking for suggestions, but I thought I would offer anyway. What I like to do in place of mayo on my sandwiches is use Laughing Cow Light Spread Cheese (1 pt). It serves two purposes, one I get the cheese that I love, and two my bread is not dry.

I love mayo also and I can't stand low fat or fat free mayo. I would rather go without than use those. I started the cheese thing since I began WW.

Marianne
Old 03-22-2001, 01:48 PM   #7  

Thanks, Marianne,
I have some Laughing Cow in the fridge now and had not thought of using it on sandwiches. I like the idea! I'll try it!
Thanks,
Paige
Closed Thread