Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 01:05 PM   #1  

Default What size do you want to be and why?

Just curious what size goals other people had.

I hate women's sizing in the U.S. What's the deal with plus sizes? Or even tall and petite sizes? Men's sizes run from tiny to huge, with no bifurcation of big guys/little guys. (Could it be that men don't want to label themselves "little?" ) And they have inseam lengths instead of tall/petite. They even have neck sizes, for Chrissake! Whereas in women's clothing, once you've reached a certain size, boom! You're considered fat. You're labeled tall or short. There's no variety, other than S, M, L, Plus size in sleeve length or neck size.

That being said... I still have a size goal. When I'm skinny, I'm usually between an 8 and a 10. I'd like to be an 8 in everything. Why? Because that is the size at which I look slender, not just unfat.

AR
Old 10-06-2003, 01:15 PM   #2  
Imagine...

I'd be happy to be a 10/12....right now I'm in a 18 down from a 20/22 I think that's where I was comfortable, although it's been so long its hard to remember that far back
Old 10-06-2003, 01:22 PM   #3  

I would like to be a 5/6. Right now I am about a 9/10 in jeans, and in some junior brands that run smaller, an 11/12. The reason behind this size is that over half of my clothes are this size due to that a few years ago I wore that size, and it would save me a ton of money if I didnt have to invest in a new wardrobe. Ive been pretty stingy about buying clothes since Ive put on the weight as an incentive to lose it and have double the wardrobe! I also felt very confident when I was that size and I know I would appreciate it even more this time when I actually had to work for it!
Old 10-06-2003, 01:25 PM   #4  

I would be happy with a size 14 right now. That would put me out of the "plus size" And I really can't remember ever being any smaller then that. I look back at picutres of me at that size and think I looked pretty darn good!! (it helps being tall, lol)
Old 10-06-2003, 01:34 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Personally, I've always wanted to be a 2.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:41 PM   #6  
Searching

I want to be a 10/11 because I have the cutest clothes in that size! Also a killer business suit that my Daddy gave me. Right now though anything under a 20 would be good!

Miss Chris
Old 10-06-2003, 01:55 PM   #7  
Imagine...

What's up with size 0? That just ticks me off
Old 10-06-2003, 02:32 PM   #8  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

That means you don't exist!!!!!
Old 10-06-2003, 03:29 PM   #9  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I say size 8/10. Then if it runs big, I can go find a smaller one, or if it runs small I can get a larger one with out having to leave the store!
Old 10-06-2003, 03:52 PM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

I actually have no idea what size I wear. All I can remember is wearing size 28 jeans all through college. Now I have a pair of 36 on. They're a little loose.
I like the big Cotton Ginny stuff. It's very cozy. Ummm, is that like, XXL?
Old 10-06-2003, 03:56 PM   #11  
Fighter

My sister is a size 0, but it's weird because she doesn't look any skinnier than I did when I was I size 5 -- but I think it's more because she has such a small frame. Personally, I would love to be a 7/8 again. When I was a 5/6, I looked unhealthy. When I was a 9/10, I looked good, but not as good as 7/8. That's where I'd be most comfortable. I have no idea what size I even am right now, some of my 9/10 jeans fit, some won't go over my hips, a pair of 12's fit me, my other pair of 12's falls off me, I fit into an old Small skirt (but it has an elastic waistband), but barely squeezed into another Large skirt. I'm so confused....
Old 10-06-2003, 05:44 PM   #12  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I love this question!

I want to be back into a pair of size 10 jeans. I have the pair in my closet. It is nothing I would ever wear again, but I really liked the way I looked in them.

I have been a 16, and am currently a tight 12.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:37 PM   #13  
In Control: E+R=O

What size do I want to be, or what size do I think is realistic for me? I'd love to be a 4-6, but I think 8-10 is much more realistic for me. I'm pretty short and pretty small boned, so that's why I say I'd like to be a 4-6, but it's been a lot of years since I was that size, and at my age I don't think that's a realistic goal for me any more. But an 8-10 is attainable....eventually!
Old 10-06-2003, 07:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 224.5/220.5/180

Height: 5'4"

Hmm. Gads, this is a tough one -- do I go for the "trip down memory lane," or do I get real here? <g> I was a size 7/9 when I got married, and thought I was a cow. I could just slap myself, if only I could stumble across a time machine. I was a size 12 before I finally got pregnant, after 4 years of marriage. The PCOS basically had started to take effect, although I didn't know that til years later. It hit with a vengeance during the pregnancy, and I gained 70 pounds, whiskers, gestational diabetes, etc. Have now been fat most of my adult life. I was wearin' a size 24 at my heaviest, and am now in a 20. I'll be pleased when I get back into an 18, and will be fairly content if I get back to a 14. But I'd be thrilled to get back into a 12. Part of me kinda longs to be able to wear a 9/10, but realistically, I doubt it'll ever happen, and I'm almost unsure it would be good if it did -- I kinda like the way curvy women look, and if I get back to being really slender, I'll have no boobs at all. They're pathetic even now, as round as I am. LOL Besides, I'm in my 40's, and at the moment have absolutely no wrinkles, but I've been told that if I ever got truly slender again, my face would be more apt to show the wrinkles.

Although why I give a shoot, I don't know, because thanks to the PCOS I'm in a race with my hubby to see who goes bald first, and I think I'm "winning." LOL One of my big goals as far as losing weight is simply to slim down enough that when my hair gets so thin I give up and have my head shaved, I won't look like Buddha! (Hey, great religion, and I love the look on Hotei, but it's not a look I fancy for myself, thanks! <g>)

Lene'

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 10-06-2003 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:21 PM   #15  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I would like to be a size 9/10 again I once was a size 5/7 but I wouldn't want to be that thin again - my bones in my face, neck and chest stuck out to much when I was that size.

I think 9/10 is comfortable and doable for me.
Closed Thread