Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 07:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/245/160

Height: 5'7"

Post Trying to Lose...again!

I have bought the new Dr. Phil book, join the Weight Watchers website and now I need support. This site was recommended...so I am giving it a try! I want to do things the right way this time! I am 43 and out of control when it comes to food. I know that I use food to ease my stress and when I am bored! I have tried many DIETS! I know I have spent way too much money on organizations and quick fixes. They did not work! I lost over 40lbs 3 years ago and now I have gained it all back! I use an over-the-counter appetite suppressant and it did work but when I found out the side effects, I stopped! The weight came back! It was one of those temporary fixes! I could go on....but I will just keep reading my Dr. Phil book and take notes. I think I will have to read and give myself HOMEWORK assignments from the book! I would love to be able to computer chat! I did notice that someone is from Greensboro NC...I am near Charlotte NC! Need support!
Old 10-04-2003, 08:10 AM   #2  

Theatremom, welcome. My stats are similar to yours. I am 43 also and am trying (successfully I'm pleased to say) to lose the weight again. I use WW because it's the only thing that's ever worked for me. I regained the weight I lost to reach goal in 1999 and am just now getting myself back under control. WW is very easy to do, at least the 123 success plan that I follow. As long as I stick to it I do fine. It's when I go off program that I lose control. I'm coming to realize, again, hopefully for good this time, that when I re-reach goal I'm not done, finished, and can quit again. This is the way I will eat, live and think about food for the rest of my life. I thought I had that down the first time around, but obviously not!

I keep hearing about Dr. Phil's book but have not read it. I like him, but he sort of bothers me sometimes. I don't know, all that good old boy down home common sense gets on my nerves after awhile. I may check it out of the library and see what he has to say.

Anyway I wanted to welcome you to 3FC and encourage you to browse the boards, find one you like and jump in. You'll be welcomed with open arms and tons of support.
Good luck in your journey and welcome again.
story
Old 10-05-2003, 10:05 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Theatremom: Welcome to 3FC's. You've come to the right place for support and encouragement. Browse the boards and find one that appeals to you. There are plenty of wonderful people here that are more than willing to be supportive.
Closed Thread