Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 02:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Baggy Clothes

I've been living in baggy clothes so long that I'm having a hard time dropping my 2X t-shirts for something a little more form-fitting, although I am fine with my sz. 16 jeans.

Today my daughter persuaded me to try to get into a LandsEnd sz. L shirt and sweater she gave me. Since I just started wearing the LandsEnd sz. Xl shirt, I've been resisting, but decided I'd do it. It feels so weird not to have a lot of cloth covering me up! I'm having baggy clothes withdrawal right now, but I did tell her I'd wear it to the movies. Both she and my DH think I look good, but I don't feel comfortable. I can't decide if the uncomfortable feeling is in my mind or my body.

Does that make sense?
Old 10-03-2003, 03:26 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Yes.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:51 PM   #3  

Sheila,

I know what you mean, but now I LOVE wearing form fitting shirts, cause it's been so long since I've been able to! My torso and waist have slimmed down so much (now if I could get the fat off my thighs I'd be so happy) I have some shirts in just "large" and it feels great! No more "X's"

Sherry-
Old 10-03-2003, 09:26 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

oh good heavens yes!!!!! my sister YELLED at me. practically drove me to the store to get new clothes, and when i finally did, i couldn't wear them for a few weeks. and when they were finally on my body, I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE MYSELF!!!

it wasn't ME in the mirror.. these weren't MY clothes. they didn't fit MY body the way everything else did...

i had dropped from about a 34 to a 22 at the time... i didn't think the 34s were too big!!!
Old 10-04-2003, 10:01 AM   #5  

Sheila,

You will definitely get used to it and you will love it!! Now when I bring clothes home my husband asks if they're for me, or for our teenage daughters.

Jiff, LOL- from a 34 to a 22 before you got new clothes!! Isn't funny how hard it is for us to see the changes in our body?
Old 10-04-2003, 10:25 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

as a side note, mom and i went shopping to the bass outlet [where i found hiking boots at half price!!!!!]

and i stared at the clothes, CONVINCED that none of them could POSSIBLY fit me.

i got the courage to try on some sweaters... and i bought an xl!!!! it fit!!!! in fact ALL the xl's fit... but not all of them looked right. so i bought one that looked good.

can you imagine???? buying something because it looked nice AND fit, instead of buying it only because it fit??????
Closed Thread