Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-02-2003, 06:45 PM   #1  

Talking Calling All Brides!!

I WOULD LIKE TO START A NEW THREAD FOR THOSE OF US WHO ARE GETTING MARRIED AND NEED SOME SUPPORT!

I KNOW THERE HAS GOT TO BE SOME GALS OUT THERE WHO ARE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE THE BIG DAY!!

I AM GETTING MARRIED IN APRIL (FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO COULDN'T TELL BY MY USERNAME!!) AND WANT TO LOSE ABOUT 55-65 POUNDS.

I WILL BE 25 IN DECEMBER, HAVE MY OWN BUSINESS AND A CRAZY SCHEDULE. I HAVE ORDERED MY DRESS AND WOULD LIKE THE THING TO FALL OFF ME IN DECEMBER WHEN IT COMES IN AND I HAVE TO TRY IT ON!!

CURRENTLY, I AM GOING TO CURVES AND WORKING OUT ON MY ELLIPTICAL. I ALSO JUST GOT HYPNOTIZED FOR WEIGHT LOSS (SOUNDS CRAZY BUT I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOST A TON OF WEIGHT WITH THIS GUY!!) SO I AM NOT ON ANY SPECIAL DIET BUT KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE ON ATKINS AND WEIGHT WATCHERS, JENNY CRAIG, AND MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS (DID I TELL YOU THAT I AM A YO-YO DIETER? OR SHOULD I SAY USED TO BE!!)

OK - ALL THOSE BRIDES TO BE OUT THERE, LETS GET THIS THREAD GOING!!
aprilbride04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:40 PM   #2  

Hey AprilBride04,

I just saw your posting and realized I needed to reply. I am getting married in June 04. I just turned 26 and just passed the Minnesota bar to become an attorney. I would like to lose about 45-55 pounds by February (actually I just want to get back down to a size 8, so if I lose more or less than 45 lbs thats fine as long as I'm an 8)

Currently, I am doing weight watchers and doing the Power 90 tapes from beachbody.com. I have lost about 4 lbs so far but 6 1/2 inches. I'm really pumped. I am going dress shopping in a few weeks, but would also like to have it fall off me by the time I get it.

I usually do good for awhile, then lose motivation. We need to keep ourselves motivated to look great in that dress come this spring.

Let me know how things are going
ahrenr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 10:37 PM   #3  

Hi you two,

I guess I should join in this thread. My wedding is May 29, 2004, and I am also looking to lose somewhere around 50 pounds, though I'm TRYING not to be so obsessive about the scale and just concentrate on losing inches.

I joined Curves last month and had my first workout 9/3/03. I love it so much and am kicking myself for spending August only thinking about joining. In my first month (only 8 workouts due to their hours and my work hours) I lost 8.5 pounds and 2.1% bodyfat. I also am prone to losing motivation, so I think we can all help one another!

Have a great week!
ToBeAThinBride_May04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 07:34 AM   #4  

Hi brides!!

I am so glad that you both have responded - for a while I thought that maybe out of all these members I was the only bride in here!!

Ahrenr - Congrats on passing the bar exam!! I have my own business for one of the biggest security firms in the world and had to get my series 7 so I know how stressed you must have been for studying for that!! That is such a great accomplishment!! Do you have a job yet? Congrats also on your loss!! Keep it up!! Weight Watchers is a great program - have you ever done it before?

ToBeThin - Congrats on your loss!! That is great - especially for only one month!! I am doing Curves too - just got back from there actually! I am on my 3rd week and go Mon-Thurs in the morning before work. I can tell that I have lost inches but I don't know if I have lost anything because I am not allowed to weigh myself for 7 weeks from the date of my first hypnosis session - which by the way has been awesome!!

There are a few things I noticed about the three of us - we all want to lose around 50 pounds and mentioned that inches are more important than the pounds...I think that is awesome!!

How are your wedding plans going? Are you two having a big wedding or a small one? Inside or out? Anyone sick of planning yet?

Ok - gotta get into the shower and get my butt off to work!!

Talk to you both later!!
Old 10-13-2003, 01:06 PM   #5  

Hi again,

I'm just back from Curves, so I thought I would check in.

Ahrenr29--I should also add my congratulations on passing the bar! I am an RN and have considered law school many times, as have several of my friends who have already made that change. I just have a hard time thinking about more school as I already have 2 Bachelor's degrees! LOL Also, I had great success with Power 90...then met my fiance and fell out of the habit. But I did enjoy the program overall, so keep up the good work!

AprilBride--I enjoyed reading about your hypnosis experience. I also had several friends in California try that...some successful and some not, though that can be said with any program. I'll be interested to see how it works for you...sounds great so far! I'm jealous that you are able to go to Curves before work in the morning. My location is open from 7am-7pm Monday through Friday, no weekend hours at all. As a nurse, I work 7am-7pm 3-4 days per week, so I'm lucky if I can get in 3 workouts/week. I am supplementing at home with an exercise ball and resistance bands.

Time to hit the shower and run some errands...hope you're both having a great day!

Leslie
ToBeAThinBride_May04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 11:11 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Angry Hi

Hello ladies-
Do you mind if I pop in?
I am also getting married... in March. I'm 32, I'll be 33 in January and I would soooo love to be fit by March. This will be my second and LAST marriage. I'm not exactly having a traditional wedding by all means, but I would love to be in great shape for the honeymoon!!
I am looking to lose 25lbs. But I'll be happy with 15lbs.!! I've already lost 25lbs. in the past, and when the company I worked for closed it's doors forever, I felt lost and depressed and I had gained almost 10 of it back. So far since joining this thread, I've lost 4lbs. Not a whole lot, but I'm noticing changes in my body. I don't currently have my gym membership back...yet,,, but I plan on getting by the end of the month.
I would just like to join this thread to keep in touch and see how everyones progress is going. It's nice to know others who are losing before their "big day"
I currently post with the "Jaded Ladies" and I also post on the support forum with the "21 day challenge" thread and the "one week at a time" thread. All have help me tremendously with getting a better attitude with getting back into shape. I have posted my "BEFORE" and "DURING" photos in the Jaded Ladies Forum which you can find at the bottome of the home page. I can see little change. And I'm totally looking forward to posting some "AFTER" photos when I've reached my goal.

Ok....I've babbled on here enough. Hope you don't mind me joining in!!
Talk to you later
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 08:38 PM   #7  

Hey girls!!

Really tired today - didn't get my workout in...got Monday in though. Been having some back issues, but am going tomorrow morning.

Found out I am going to Kauai for my honeymoon!! I am so excited - I guess there is over 2000 waterfalls and you can find a different private waterfall every day you are there! I have always wanted to go to Hawaii and am so excited!! Gotta keep on the exercise!!

I have my second hypnosis session tomorrow...loving it so far ... starting to get complements that people can tell I have lost weight...I wish I could weigh myself!! Tomorrows session is about emotional eating...I need to pay close attention to that!!

Anyways, does anyone else know where they are going for their honeymoons yet?
Old 10-15-2003, 09:38 PM   #8  

How is everyone doing today? Got my Curves workout in - gotta get looking good for Kauai!!!

Got hypnotized for my second session today...I am loving this ... no diet and I am losing weight ... I am getting tons of complements and it has only been 2 weeks!! I only wish I could weigh myself to see how much I have lost!!

I received the color swatches of the dresses I want to order for my bridesmaids today. I am doing a multi-color wedding but was having a hard time finding all the colors I wanted...finally found them!! Now I just have to figure out who is going to wear what!!

Ok - gotta run but I hope you are having a great day!!
Old 10-30-2003, 06:17 PM   #9  

Hey - Are you girls still getting married or what? WHERE ARE ALL OF YOU???
Old 10-30-2003, 07:29 PM   #10  

Just wanted to pop in and give you a BIG congratulations on your coming nuptials from an old married (31 yrs) lady! You guys can do this and I know you are going to all be spectacularly beautiful brides. My ds is getting married next Sept so I am pretty jazzed about that. He will just short of his 31st birthday.

Anyway, YOU GO GIRLS!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 08:13 PM   #11  

Hello hello---

Sorry I haven't posted. I completely forgot where this thread was.....and so I just waited until I could find it again.

Aprilbride--sounds like you're getting great results on top of being busy with wedding preparations. How wonderful. How is all the wedding stuff going for you? I am not having a traditional wedding... but that was my choice. Just something small and sweet with a reception with my family afterwards.

I hope you plan to post some photos of your wedding gown!! I would love to see it. Even though I'm not having one,,, just looking at them is so nice. (does that make sense?)

Anyway,, on to the subject here. I've been doing pretty good staying OP. Keeping track of what I eat with out going overboard. Sometimes it's a struggle. On Nov. 1st, I'm going to try the Atkins plan. A little scared of it... but what have I got to lose but weight!!!! Plus my fiance is going to do it with me so that really helps.

Honeymoon in Kauai? Sounds beautiful!!! Oh I hope you have soo much fun with so many memories!!

James and I haven't figured out where we want to go. (Isn't that sad) but anywhere we go, as long as I'm with him... I'll be happy!

Ok... I will remember where this thread is next time. And I will stay posted with you all.

Take Care
Marti
Old 10-31-2003, 04:43 PM   #12  

Faye - Thanks for your sweet comments...it always helps to get encouragement!
Congrats as well on the 31 years!! Good luck with your ds's wedding!!

Marti- Are you going to the justice of the peace then, or something else? (Tell me, tell me!!) I am kind of jealous because this big wedding thing is a pain in the ***!!!

I did Atkins this past Spring and did great for about 6 weeks and then I gained it all back...I think that there is a lot of great things about Atkins but if I can make a suggestion: Only stay on Induction for 2-4 weeks and then start to add your fruits and stuff back in...otherwise you will start to feel very deprived and gain it all back...or at least I did. If I had to do it over I wouldn't have stayed on Induction for so long...and I would have worked out as well.
What is OP? Is that a diet or exercise program?
Yeah, I am pretty psyched about Kauai...now we just need to get the $$$ together to book it!!! It is really hard to decide though!!
Some great sites to check out is Expedia - then go to priceline, hit vacation packages, (you get to pick your hotels there) go back to Expedia, check out the hotels, low ball an offer, and they will come back with the cheapest price they can give you...(they only do this for the vacation packages). I have found that there prices beat the lowest ones on Expedia for as much as $1,000 depending on where you go!!!

Anyways, glad that you wrote back...lets keep this thread going - I think that we are all going to need some extra help over the holidays to make sure that we are staying on track!!

I will try to find some pictures online of my dress!!
Old 11-01-2003, 01:34 AM   #13  

Wink

Hey again Aprilbride--

To answer your question... yes, we will be going to the justice of the peace to get married. We were going to go to Tahoe and get married there.... the places they have are beautiful! And it was going to be very small also, but then we were both layed off from our job at Sony. They closed their doors forever! So we figured we better stick closer to home and save money. Maybe we'll go there for the honeymoon.

So you're getting married in April. Is that a special date? James and I are getting married March 24th. My grandparents anniversary. It just felt right to do it then, and my grandparents are thrilled. Unfortunately, my grandmother is going through chemotherapy for the third time to battle cancer. And we're hoping she'll be around for that special day......

So how was your Halloween? I had so much candy to pass out, and I live in a busy neighborhood, but due to the weather being SOOOO cold,,,we didn't get many kids. And now I have tons of candy left over!! I was thinking of going door to door and just giving it away!

I'm going to reopen my membership with the gym I belong to sometime next week. (hopefully) We had to put it on hold due to the job loss... I'm very excited about getting back in there. Especially now the weather is getting colder. But until then, I've just been doing some ab workouts at home. How's the hypnosis going? Are you still doing it?

Ok, time to go snuggle with my guy!
Talk to you later
Marti

Last edited by M.N.J.; 07-14-2004 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:23 PM   #14  

Just a little post to say I've started doing squats. And boy am I aching. But I really want to not feel the two being as one, you know what I mean?

Anyway...hope you're all doing well.

Marti
Old 11-06-2003, 07:31 AM   #15  

Hi Marti!

Sorry I haven't been able to get back with you...my father had a stroke Sunday and I have been off work and at the hospital taking care of him. I did get to bring him home Tuesday night so that was nice, but he is using a walker because he leans to the right when he walks...

I am sorry to hear that your grandma is going through chemo - I know how you feel...my brother in law's cancer has come back for the fourth time now and the doctors aren't too optimistic. It really stinks! If you ever need to vent about it, feel free!

I am glad that you are reopening your gym membership - I just got back from Curves and I feel so much better! I couldn't go earlier this week and I was feeling the need to workout (that is how I get - after I get back into the grove I feel the need to workout!!). This is my 6th week straight of working out and I can really tell the difference!! I am hoping that I can still get my 3 times in this week at Curves and I will have to find something else to do at my parents house this weekend.

Sorry to hear that you are laid off - Tahoe sounds like a wonderful place to get married!!

Ok - I gotta get ready for work but keep in touch and keep up the workouts!!