Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 09:12 AM   #1  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default Celebrate Good Times Thursday!

We've got reason to celebrate. It's Ali's birthday today!!!!!

Happy, happy, happy birthday Ali! We love ya!!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 09:25 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

We had frost last night which meant that this morning's walk was a bit brisk. Believe it or not, I only walk/run 3 days a week as part of my training schedule. I'm trying to switch off between indoors on a treadmill and outside. I've got no problem with my indoor stuff because I hop on the treadmill with a book or in front of the TV and off I go. I'm having trouble with the outdoor walk/runs. I'm so freaking bored. I thought about investing in a CD player for books on CD's. Anyone know any good brands? Not positive I'll do that though as I usually finish my work-outs about the time the sunrises. Not sure how safe walking in the dark without my ears would be. Any other suggestions on how to entertain myself outdoors?

KT - I never thought of cereal as being a source of protein. I always thought it was a carb. What brand do you eat? Maybe adding a little fat to bfast would hold you too.

Well, I'm off to deal with the demon lady. Wish me luck today! There's a significant chance that I'm going to have a stroke. Crazed executives. Ought to dope 'em all up on valium. Or maybe just ventilate aersol prozac through the heating system. That ought to be my project for the day. People would thank me. I'd probably get a pay raise.

I ought to get going.......
Old 10-02-2003, 09:59 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning Laura!

Happy B-day Ali!!!

Well last night went pretty well WWer wise but I am looking forward to tomorrow b/c it will be a new week and I will have new flex points. I am not sure if I will have lost the 2 that I gained but we will see. Absolutely nothing exciting going on on my end of things. How is everybody else doing????

BBL
Old 10-02-2003, 10:02 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

I just wanted to double check at 189 my target points are 24 correct??? THanks for the info.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:13 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Guten Morgen! Yup, I am taking a German class. I like it so far and the fun thing is that I get to speak German with my co-worker.

First off HAPPY B-DAY ALI!!!!!!! I hope you have an awesome day and that all good things happen!

On the WW front, I had that gain on Monday, but have been pretty good since then. Points have been good but exercise not so much. I haven't had any time. and I tell you my back is sure feeling it!! I must really get back on board. Esp since we'll be in Cuba in 1.5 weeks and I want to have a good back for swimming/walking/volleyball, etc.

I have also had a lot of probs the past week! On Friday Barney (dog)’s cyst burst open and the vet said we could treat it with peroxide and topical antibiotics ($52). Then Monday we came home to a room full of horrible doggy diarrhea. I spend all of Monday night trying to clean it. Realized we need to buy a carpet cleaner, at least a hand held ($100 min). Then Tuesday he seemed better – poop was more formed. Then yesterday, came home (no poop) and took him out. He had projectile diarrhea. Poor baby must have been holding it all day. Sweet little old man he is. So I called my vet who were just leaving and they said that I had to take him to emerg (even though he is happy, eating, drinking, he could have pancreatitis or be dehydrating – could die from it). SOOOOO….off to emerg. They did a bunch of poop tests and figured he ate something outside that killed off some of the bacteria in his poop, so he only had some other bacteria (coli I think) and so his flora is off. So I got meds and have to give him yogurt. Well, this bill was $227. So when I got home I did the math and they overcharged me $60. I did phone and the fixed the bill so it’s only $163. But you know, I love this dog and I’d do anything for him. And as long as he’s happy and has a good quality of life, I won’t put him down. Before I dated b/f he was always telling me I should put him down and I said I wouldn’t. Now that he loves him too he won’t put him down either…..it’s like having kids. You should have seen us trying to administer the liquid medication this morning! GAH!! I am Sooooo ready for motherhood!

Laura – I too am a walk/run girl. I walk to work 30 min each way 5x/week and I usually run 2-3x/week on top, but the past few weeks no time!! Amusing yourself outdoors…hmm…..I daydream. I fantasize about upcoming fun stuff, or I organize my life (thinking about what I have to do when I get back in, etc). This is weird but it works. I feel really prepared when I am done. I don’t use walkmans outside b/c I am a very cautious person and I am afraid of being mugged, etc when I can’t hear.

Hey Becky – I am so with you on that new week thing!! That was me on Monday, having pretty much eaten whatever I wanted before that! Yes, the points are 24.

Well, I should get back to work. I have a ton to do and I have a lunch date with some freak that I met at a conference that won’t leave me alone. He always wants to have lunch, coffee, etc. And you know, I cancel all the time, give hints that I don’t want to meet. I tell him over and over I have no job for him at our company (not that I am the boss anyway! He is barking up the wrong tree!!).

Weirdness.

Well, adios, BBL!
Old 10-02-2003, 10:31 AM   #6  
Running Babe

Hey Laura, thanks for the birthday wishes.. Frost? Wow, we haven't had any yet which I realize is pretty unusual for this time of year. I am going to buy a few small block heaters since my regular heater has two settings it seems (off and ridiculously hot)... I'll try a small block heater and hopefully that will keep the temperature moderate (and hopefully keep my costs down... I think the problem with my rooms normal heater is that it's too large for my room).

It's actually going to be a very mellow day for me... I'll be the only person at home this evening and my boyfriend has a conference that goes on until about 8 this evening or so. He says he'll take me out for Coffee afterwards (awww... I didn't even have to guilt him into it or anything heheheh). I am doing my actual celebrating on Sat with friends and on Sunday with my family so that will be fun. But it's cool, we have our election coverage tonight (today is election day in Ontario (In our provincial system, you vote a local person in to the provincial legislature, there are 103 ridings, 3 main parties and the party who wins the most gets to run the Provincial parliament (in my province it's called that... my local guy if he wins will be the rough equivalent of a governor so that's always neat))..

Take care!

Ali
Old 10-02-2003, 10:58 AM   #7  
Running Babe

Belle: Thanks for the wishes... sorry about your unfortunate lunch date... maybe he'll eventually get the hint!

Becky thanks for the wishes... I've been not so great this week and now they've ordered pizza for lunch (I've brought my lunch in, but put it in the freezer... I usually don't do that, but oh well, I was planning to have a small dinner tonight anyway)... One slice should be okay though!

Ali

Oh I got called from WW, they'll be running a leader training session in my area in February so that would be good for me!
Old 10-02-2003, 12:03 PM   #8  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Ali~ Does that mean that you are in as a leader? That is sweet of BF. I would pass out if DH said he'd take me out for coffee He doesn't comprehend going to a coffee house and paying the large prices when we could brew some at home He does take me from time to time though. I usually just go with the girls.

Belle~ Thanks for the points info. and here's to starting over

Laura~ BTW I don't like to walk with headphones either for the same reason. Belle's suggestions are good though. I always like to do it with a friend however that is not real practical b/c it is rare when my schedule matches up with anyone elses.

Ok well I guess I will get back to work. I am having an "I wish I were at home" day. Oh well one more day and it's the WEEKEND!

BTW have I mentioned that it is ridiculously cold here! BRRRRR!
Old 10-02-2003, 12:37 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone and especially Ali - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I went for a hike after work yesterday. I was feeling so good about getting my exercise in and then I put one some pants that are a little snug. I'm VERY bloated with TOM but still. It's motivated me to get back to meetings. I'll call this afternoon to see where there's a convenient one in my area. Next week with the new job I can start fitting in lunch hour aerobics which will be good. I asked my sister about the cereal and protein. I was eating Kashi which has lots of soy proteins but I ran out and went with Cherios (sis can't get them in Virginia) so there's not enough protein. I'll go back to Kashi - I love it. And I know getting back to the meetings will help. Something about spending money on it helps me avoid my little evils.
Belle - I feel soo bad for your baby dog. I'm glad you got him the help he needs. I have a suggestion for the carpet cleaner though - GET a GOOD one. A few of my friends with kids love their and use them all the time. If you get a good one it will last through dogs and kids...eventually.
Laura - Hope things went well with the Demon lady.
Becky - Cold already? We don't get so much cold here but when the rains start, they won't stop for 4 months.
Ali - Hope the birthday is going fantastically well!!
OK, on to more clean up. They haven't found someone to replace my "old" job yet so the first week of my "new" job will be covering for my old one - strange but whatever. I'll be back.
KT
Old 10-02-2003, 12:37 PM   #10  

Happy Birthday Ali!!!!

Not time to post properly, but have been skimming the posts. It's seriously cold here too - what happened to global warming?? I want it back!
Old 10-02-2003, 01:47 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

Happy Birthday Ali!!! I Hope its a great one and all your wishes come true.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:15 PM   #12  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick hi while I'm at lunch - I had yesterday off so it's ridiculously busy today! Hopefully I"ll be able to post more tomorrow before work....

Happy Birthday Ali!
Old 10-02-2003, 03:16 PM   #13  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all. Our internet at work was down yesterday afternoon and all morning. Well everyone else got it back this morning except me. But I have it back now. I am kind of busy and it an irritable mood. Work is graining on me and I really need something different. Hubby applied for a new job, but it is a long drive. Don't even know if he will get an interview, but he seems excited about it. We work at the same place and are both getting tired of it. So we'll see. I am a little negative about the drive and not having him at my disposal all the time. But it may come with a nice pay increase and great benefits. It is for a hospital, but not the hospital we use because it is not in our city. BUT, the way he looks at it... they are building a brand new hospital literally down the road from where we live. And he thinks that if he got the job, there might be a possibilty he could get transferred there. And that would be the most convenient thing EVER. But it is all speculation and I am rambling!

So that is it with me. We went to Subway for lunch because I needed comfort food. At a ham sub, but also got soup... so my points are a bit higher than I would like. Tho I have soup in the crockpot at home for supper, so I should be OK!

OH and it is frigid here too. This morning it was 24F and when I went out at lunch the high was 49F. We went from DRY DRY DRY hot weather a month ago to this. We have had 3 hard frosts now and all plants are dead. This is way tooooo early. Just north of us they supposidly got 3 inches of snow already. YIKES. I pulled in some of my plants last night that I want to try to winter in doors. They had a frost already, so I don't know if they will make it. I hope so, because that will save me money next spring, because these are hard to find geraniums. 2 are fancy colored ones that I found not locally, 2 are scented citronell (which I have never found around here) and 1 is a chocolate scented. So I really would like to winter them over just to see what they do.

OK, I am really rambling about nothing....
Old 10-02-2003, 03:24 PM   #14  
Cockeyed Optimist

Becky - I'd love to walk with a friend. I just don't think I could convince them to go at 5AM.

Belle - hope your dog is feeling better. Would some gentle yoga or pilates help your back?

Ali - I'm glad you get to see BF tonight. Not having any celebration the day of would be a bummer.

KT - I love kashi! As long as they pay you for your new job, who cares if you work the old one for another week!

Hi Lexxie, Lynnie, and Angies.
Closed Thread