South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 05:01 PM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Boot Camp Challenge Retraction!

Oh boy, am I ever embarrassed. The information I posted in todays Boot Camp Thread about Coke is...URBAN LEGEND!

A very wise and astute friend from Ladies Who Lift was kind enough to point out my error (Thanks, Dip! ) Apparently this information has been floating around the internet for years! The following site debunks these myths:

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

I also checks SNOPES for the water, and while it doesn't say everyone of those statements is false, it does call into question some of the statements, especially the "chronically dehydrated" part.

So, the moral of the story? It isn't to drink less water and more Coke! But it is important to check our sources and not to take anything at face value. My dear aunt is notorious for sending me this kind of stuff, and I ALWAYS check it out before sending it on, and then let her know what I found. I think I was distracted by the information about water....

Mea Culpa, recruits! Maybe we need to find our OWN facts about water to bolster our resolve to drink more?
Old 10-01-2003, 05:46 PM   #2  
Imagine...

Franny sweetie I'll still take water over Coke or in my case diet pepsi anyday. Although I do enjoy a couple of diet pepsi's daily. Water does so much for you. Even makes your complexion better. I know it helps me better than soda with water weight gain. So I say pass the H2O and legends smegends neat site BTW
Old 10-01-2003, 06:22 PM   #3  

Darn! I was going to buy a Coke to get my toilet cleaned!

Tricia
Old 10-01-2003, 09:10 PM   #4  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Thanks, Franny for the retraction. I have a bottle of water in

hand as we speak!!!! Or compute....or whenever???

We all know what's good for us...right?

~Sharon
Old 10-01-2003, 09:32 PM   #5  
Member Florida Chick

But not all of that info is false, because I know people who have used Coke on the corrosion for their battery terminals. Maybe it is the carbonation, or whatever, but it did work.

I say try some of those things and if your toilet looks better, then we know for sure the best place to pour the coke.

Did you know how it got its name originally and why it was so popular a drink? Because there was a bit of cocaine in the very early product. So it has not always been a 'pure' product. Dr. Phil says that if you drink one soda a day, you will gain 15lbs. in a year So if nothing else stops us, from guzzling, that should.: Lizzie
Closed Thread