South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 10:22 PM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default A little problem- hopefully someone can help.

Hi girls I am having a little problem. It is not really a pleasant one to talk about, but I need some help. I am on my last day of phase one and I can't go to the bathroom. Does anyone have any suggestions it has been 3 days know. I am so bloated and uncomfortable I could explode ( I wish I would I would feel better.) LOL. So if anyone has any suggestions I would be ever so grateful. Did anyone else go through this during phase one? It is not lack of veggies because I am eating lots of those. Well I must go. Pardon the pun. Thanks for listening girls.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:31 PM   #2  
Member Florida Chick

I took a stool softener each night to keep things moving.: Worked for me. I can't stand metamucil, so that was my solution. In my lifetime, I often have to take a blast of 'dynamite' and my solution for that has always been Phillips Milk of Magnesia. But knowing my problem, that was why I went to the softener. Hope this is useful information. Lizzie
Old 09-29-2003, 11:36 PM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Little Chick, you're not alone! I think a lot of us have had this problem to varying degrees! When I get "in a bind" I use Benefiber, which is sugar-free, taste-free, and absolutely not gritty or thick. You can just add it to a glass of water, or your coffee...you honestly can't even tell it is there! Speaking of water...DRINK UP! This is one of the best ways I know of to help things along...and keep your system running the way it is supposed to. Don't overdo if you decide to use a fiber supplement or laxative...you'll end up even more miserable!

Hope this helps!
Old 09-30-2003, 10:55 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Thanks for the info girls.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:58 AM   #5  

Yeah! Thanks for the info. and for the question!!!
Old 09-30-2003, 04:15 PM   #6  

Yes. lots of water helps. Also celery, eaten throughout the day, can help.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:42 PM   #7  

Hi Little Chick - just checking in on you to see if you had any umm....movement in that area?

I to am going on day 6 (and I have never had a problem...) and am at the point now where I just can't eat as it makes me naseous because I feel so bloated from (well for lack of a better term...) well...lack of release

what did you try and how well did it work? I went out and got citracel today and just took two hoping to feel better...
Old 09-30-2003, 08:18 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I can't believe I have not posted to this thread which is dear to my....never mind!

Be sure you are eating enough good fat - up to 30 grams daily. Add the OK legumes to your diet. Use Metamucil (sugarfree) and you will be OK.

You need fiber but also need fat and water to "lubricate" things.

Go for it - as it were!
Closed Thread