Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 08:03 AM   #1  

Default I'm reading a really interesting book

I'm currently reading a book about overcoming emotional eating. It's called "Life is Hard, Food is Easy, Five Steps to Overcoming Emotional Eating." I'm not very far into it, but I think it's really going to help me with this problem. I'll check for the author's name and post it later.

I had the library order it for me, and when I went to pick it up, two librarians said they couldn't wait for me to return it cause they wanted to read it too.

Sherry
Old 09-29-2003, 03:13 PM   #2  
2006 - Panda Remix

Sounds interesting Sherry,

Let us know the author and I'll see if I can get it in the UK.

You're a real bookworm aren't you? - me too!

Amanda xx
Old 09-29-2003, 06:56 PM   #3  

Amanda,

Yes, I'm definitely a bookworm!

The author is Linda Spangle. I checked on amazon.uk-it is available in the UK...

Funny thing is, I order TONS of books from amazon.uk-a lot of the authors I like aren't published in the States (Cathy Kelly, Patricia Scanlan, Marcia Willett, Sheila O'Flanagan, etc) Do you like any of those authors? I also enjoy British mystery writers Margaret Yorke and Dorothy Simpson.

Sherry
Old 09-30-2003, 08:52 AM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Thanks Sherry,

The funny thing is that I haven't heard of any of those British authors you mentioned! I am really into thrillers and particularly like Johnathan Kellerman and Patricia Cornwell - both American I think!

A really good book I read recently, by a British author was 'death by holy orders' by PD James - she is a very famous author and was over 80 when she wrote it!

Amanda xx
Closed Thread