South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 06:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Monday, September 29

Pour yourself a coffee, Beauties, but please don't let me smell it! We have fasting bloodwork scheduled this morning and I am dying for a coffee and some breakfast right now. The appointment is not until 9 which is at least 3 hours after my coffee time.

Hershey and I had a lovely drive to Kingston yesterday. The sun came out and everything was sort of pastel with a bit of mist and the trees just starting to take on fall colour. We even did part of the training outside which meant more distractions for the furries. Squirrels are hard to resist! One dog was very badly behaved and may be expelled from the class. Canine Good Citizens do not bark and snarl at other dogs! He has one more chance next week abd then he'll be out.

Harry and I will go out to breakfast after the bloodwork. This will be his first meal out since the stroke. It will be interesting to see if he still orders the same thing. Some of his old habits are returning - emptying the dishwasher is one of the good habits!

The rest of the day will be laundry and maybe some outdoor cleanup. My front porch plants are pretty much toast so I'll ditch them and put up some fall decorations. Thanksgiving is only two weeks away!

Hope you all have a great Monday.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:09 AM   #2  
Mous

Mornig Ruth and everyone to come.

THe Metal Monster and I have an appointment and I am expecting a gain! WHAT? Horrors!!

Too many nuts, I think. But........I LOVE them. Will cut back.

I have the eye doctor this morning at 8:15 and I am nervous.....NO, I WON'T eat over it. There I have committed myself to that.
Going out to eat afterwards and I am going to have the Lo-Cal plate.

I hope you and DH have great results.

Where has September gone??
Leaves are starting to change. So beautiful.

I wish for all of you a happy, carefree, OP day.

Marcie
Old 09-29-2003, 07:23 AM   #3  
Member Florida Chick

Woke up to rain again. So outdoor exercise is 'nada' But Curves is on todays agenda.
Another busy day with appointments, girls day out for lunch, and then some me time with a massage this p.m.

Marcie: Have a grand visit with your eye Dr. And the lo-cal plate sounds good. Don't know what I can have at my 'Ladies Monthly' as we call it. going to a new restaurant so will have to see what the menu has.

Ruthie: I don't like that fasting blood work either, and then when one can eat breakfast, i always want to eat the world. When you are in Kingston, do you ever visit Quatrocchi's Market. On Montreal Street? What a lovely store. I missed my annual trip there this summer. I believe that they have every kind of flour that was ever ground, as well as every spice you can imagine, and all in bulk and with great prices. If I run out of my granulated garlic and onion, I will probably send for some. Can't get anything like that down here on the 'dark side of the moon.'

Have a great day all you beach beauties to come. Lizzie
Old 09-29-2003, 07:44 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, darlings!

Ruth, I hope that wasn't HERSHEY growing and snarling at the other dogs. Hope you're having a good and normal breakfast.

Marcie, how was your eye appointment?

Lizzie, what a lovely day you have planned!

I'm just about to drag myself to the gym.
I've got a crockpot of chili made (had a little bowl for breakfast), and I'm hoping (hahahahahaha!) to have an op day.

Old 09-29-2003, 09:09 AM   #5  

Am going to get ready to see the doctor. Packing for a hospital stay. I like to be prepared with plenty of books and magazine, cosmetics etc.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if I don't end up there. My DD has been asked to post here and in Depression and Weight Issues, if I do. At least I'm not in any great discomfort, but this whole episode is a pain in the @ss!

Yesterday, we had church with a Baptism and Confirmation of an adult. Very nice. R and I also had a Calling Committee meeting and he had an Elder Meeting. We learned that our fellow member who had seizures has been diagnosed to have 5 brain tumors and also some under her arm. Not good news. The rest of the day, we did some shopping to prepare us in case I'm not here for a few days.

Have a great day, everyone...........
Old 09-29-2003, 09:55 AM   #6  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Good Morning Ruth, and everyone else!

Ruth, I'll have a cup of coffee with a lid so that the aroma won't bother you. I know how hard it is to go without coffee when you're have bloodwork! Not fun!!

Yesterday afternoon I spruced up the front entrance of our home for Fall. Made a new Fall wreath, and decorated with Cinnamon colored Mums, and pumpkins of various sizes. Looks really pretty! DH went out to get the newspaper this morning and commented on how great it looks (and for this sweet man to notice is a real NSV).

Today the weather is very Fallish....around 45 degrees and very sunny and crisp! Great weather for getting my ..... out the door and walking for an hour!!
Marcie.......my thoughts , prayer and good vibes go out to you
today as you visit your eye Dr. . Don't let that
old MM get you down!
Lizzie.......Oh, my gosh!! That Quatrocchi's Market sounds like
somewhere to die for! Maybe Ruth could organize a trip
sometime for us all to go! Wish I could be with you
today..your day sounds like fun!!!
Ellis......I made Chili this weekend, too. . It really hits the
spot on these cool Fall days.
Tippy.....here's hoping you don's have to check in to the
hospital, hon. Prayers go out to you today.
For everyone else yet to join us.....have a wonderful
day on the Beach. Stay happy and OP!
~Sharon

Old 09-29-2003, 10:01 AM   #7  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Tippy, please know that we'll be sending all the good thoughts and prayers we can muster your way!:

Ellis-Chili for breakfast? Actually, that sounds pretty good!

Lizzie-I've had about enough of nasty weather...how about you? Ready for some sunshine...or at least no more rain!

Grandma Marcie-sending good thoughts your way, too! I hope you get only good news at the doctors. I also hope the Lo Cal plate is edible!

Ruthie-Your trip to Kingston sounds lovely. The fasting blood work...not so lovely! Glad to hear that Harry is picking up some of his good habits and hope that continues. Who knows, maybe he'll get a couple new ones?

Gotta dash. Stayed up late sewing, slept in today and now have to play catch up to get anything done! Have a wonderful day, friends!
Old 09-29-2003, 10:03 AM   #8  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Sharon..our posts crossed in cyber space! Is that likes ships passing in the night? Your house sounds lovely and very autumnal! Have a great day!
Old 09-29-2003, 10:19 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Good Morning Everyone,
Being on the West Coast I think that I am up a bit later. Hopefully my coffee won't bother Ruth, hopefully she is with Harry and I write this enjoying her own cup o Joe.

I am very grateful, this morning I weighed in and I have only gained a pound, something that I have decided not to question, but to just take as a sign that I need to keep OP today, I have chosen to listen well.

I feel much better today, the back is almost good enough to begin to think about going to Curves -- maybe on Wednesday and the antibiotics have kicked in for the throat.

The weather here for So. Calif is cool for us, it feels good, and I am going to enjoy stepping out later in the backyard for a quick read before I open up the office.

Tippy, lots of positive energy and prayers coming at you..

Ellis-chili and curves....I want your morning!!

Lizzie-Massage.....love it!! enjoy

Marcie - your an inspiration to declare not eating over something stressful.....thanks!

Sharon --burrr a bit cooler by you than me....I am a bonafide wuss in the cold!!! Have a cozy day, I can almost see your lovely wreath on the door, how welcoming.

Franny- have a great day!!!

Last edited by Rowan Bailey; 09-29-2003 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:06 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tip, I sure hope you don't have to stay in the hospital - for their sake as much as for yours!

Quattrochi's? And then lunch at Chez Piggy? Sure, we can organize a trip. The aroma of that store is wonderful - and there is the odd tasty looking Italian guy too. Lizzie, let me know if I can send you anything. I am there often and they have a smaller store in Smiths Falls where they have their warehouse.

I must confess I did have a coffee before the bloodwork trip and I got punished for it. Nurse Fran tried and tried but could not find one of my elusive veins! So I will need to go to the Lab this week in Brockville to get poked and prodded by the technicians! Grrr!

Ah well, another breakfast out!

I have one of my rare headaches this a.m. which I am going to treat with another coffee and a half hour read. The laundry can hold until this afternoon.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:09 AM   #11  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Too much worrisome stuff going on here this morning. I hope that everyone has a STRESS FREE week once today's hurdles are past. DS13 stayed home sick today, and I fell back asleep on the couch. Think I'm fighting off what he has. I STILL feel like I could go back to sleep! I need to go get some work done though.

Ruth-It is GREAT to hear that Harry is coming back to normal!! Hope you have a great breakfast with him this morning.

Marcie-Hope the eye appointment is okay!

Lizzie-The massage sounds wonderful!! What do you think of Curves? Do you like it? We have a few around here but I don't know anything about it.

Ellis-YOU ALREADY MADE CHILI?!?!? WOW!!!! I'm impressed!! I love eating stuff like that for breakfast.

Tippy-Hope you don't have to go into the hospital. Too bad about your friend, that sounds pretty bad.

Deets-Sounds like you have really done up your house!! Sounds pretty! Ours is a MESS!!!

Franny-What are you sewing? That is something I never really learned, and I wish i had!!!

Rowan-Sounds like things are shaping up for you!! GREAT! A pound isn't so bad after the weekend you had. With your determination to get right back on track it'll be gone in NO time!!! What do YOU think of Curves? Do you like it?
Old 09-29-2003, 11:10 AM   #12  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-Glad you had a nice breakfast, but too bad about having to go back for the bloodwork. YUCK!!!
Old 09-29-2003, 12:03 PM   #13  

G'morning y'all!

I am afraid of trying the scale after this past weekend, but Rowan, you really have the right attitude! I wish I could just use the lesson and not beat myself up about a weight gain.

Marcie - Keep us posted about your dr. appt. You're getting good vibes sent from everywhere!!! :

Ruth - that's why it's called FASTING bloodwork silly! Sorry you have to go get poked (again?) Wonderful news about Harry. Sounds like it's a slow but steady return to himself! That's great!
When is Canadian Thanksgiving again? Are you having family...?

Tippy - Glad you're not in pain but still...this has got to be rough! Keep your wonderful positive attitude. If you do get admitted, do they have sf ff iv? (sugar free, fat free intravenous...) just a little hospital humor...kinda dumb, sorry

Ellis - MMMMM! I'd love some chilllllllie! Do you know if it can be made without a crockpot or do I have to go buy one?

Dentrassi - You're right... too much worriesome stuff! I guess that's what friends are for! We hold eachother up sometimes! Hey, it's way better than eating !!! Hope your DD feels better quickly!

Lizzie - Massage? I love them. Got a gift cert. for one and I've been hording it because I'm afraid that if I use it, I won't have it anymore ... Maybe I should discuss this issue with a therapist!!!

Marcie - I hope the low-cal plate is yummy! I keep thinking about that poem where Mae orders the parfaits and the pie ala mode...!!!

Deets - Your decorations sound lovely! I still need to get rid of clutter before I could even think of putting up decorations!!! Toooooooo much clutter! My whole life feels like clutter! UGH! Maybe I'll stop by (virtually) and enjoy your house!!!

Franny - whatcha makin' is it for the cruise???

Hope I got to everyone! Have a lovely day ladies!!! You're in my thoughts as I try to stay OP and accomplish something today!!!
Hugs,

Last edited by J&LMOM; 09-29-2003 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-29-2003, 12:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Mornin! I can't believe this weather we're having. I really am enjoying it though. Yesterday dh and I spent the day in the yard. We were trying to get this crepe myrtle out which is real close to our driveway. Well it took all day, but we got most of it out.

I was so tired from doing that yesterday that I didnt even do an exercise video. :lol

DH and I are leaving work at noon today to go look at bedroom furniture. His step-mom called us yesterday and said that we just have to see this set and it's on sale. Hmmm wonder where she thinks we're gettin the money for this But I guess it doesn't hurt to go and see it. Plus get a 1/2 day off of work to top it off :lol We're also going to see about getting new carpet for our living room, dining room and hallway. We figure the bedrooms can wait!

Have a good one
Old 09-29-2003, 12:51 PM   #15  

I'm home! The doctor looked at my leg and rewrapped it. It looks better. Yippeeeeeeeee! Will go back in a week!

(And here I was, filling empty mouthwash bottles with gin to take the the hospital!)
Closed Thread