Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 03:56 PM   #1  

Talking Daily Chat

Hi Ladies!

Thought I'd start a new thread because the old one was getting a little long. WELCOME GODSGRACE! Nice to see a new face!

Back is doing a little better. Finally got an updated physical therepy ref. so hope to start that next week. Had to go to the doc's office and "sit on em" to get the darn thing...left 7 requests via the phone. Ah well, guess they're busy and I should be grateful I got the ref. without having to have an appointment

Work is going okay. Back still bugs me but my boss said that I could wear sneakers. Happy about that.

Hope everyone is doing great and having a good weekend!

Deb
Old 09-27-2003, 06:43 PM   #2  

Default Hey There

Grasshopper- Sounds like things are settling down at work and your back is better.. I walked yesterday and not today. My old back is not up to par.. Tomorrow is another day...
Have a good weekend everybody...Joanne
Old 09-27-2003, 08:56 PM   #3  

Hi everyone!

I have been away for a few days, my son had to go to Philadelphia on business so I went with him. We left Wednesday morning and returned home on Friday night. It is a 10 hour drive from where we live so needless to say I am very tired.

Welcome Godsgrace. I haven't heard from Angel for awhile, I hope everything is alright with her.

Joanne I hope your back is feeling better, the cortizone shot I had for my back is starting to wear off already.

Grasshopper, please let me know if the physio relieves your pain?

Take care everyone
Silk
Old 09-28-2003, 10:21 AM   #4  

Default Hey There

Silk- I wonder if the Dr. hit the right spot in your back..That injection should be still working. Some Dr.'s are good at that and some aren't. Hope you feel better...Joanne
Old 09-28-2003, 07:29 PM   #5  

Hi Joanne, I don't know I had no pain for the first two weeks and it felt great but now the pain is coming back. I don't go back to see him until November.

Our grandaughter was here today she is 12 and all grown up. What a difference when they go from little girl to thinking they are young ladies. She is so pretty, she spent most of the time chatting with her friends on MSN. Oh well, I knew one day she would have to grow-up I'm just not ready to let her go, they grow up to fast.

My husband and I have both been fighting a cold, it seems to really hang on this time of year.

I hope all is well.

Take care
Silk
Old 09-28-2003, 07:40 PM   #6  

Hi Silk. Whenever I have Facet Joint Injections, they only lasted for 2-3 weeks and then the pain came back full force. They did inject the right place, because they want to recreate the pain when they do it and boy did they ever do it. They also have to follow the whole thing with an xray. That joint is hard to hit sometimes. The Dr. of Radiology does them here.

I haven't had any of them now for a couple of years, and found the Upper Cervical Chiropractor to be far superior.

Hope all that pain doesn't come rushing back for you.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:35 AM   #7  

Hello everybody....sorry for not posting more. Been VERY busy. Also, I WAS doing my posting very early in the morning...3-4am (couldn't sleep) the last few nights, I've been so exhausted, I can't wake up.

Anyway...hope all have a good week. Hopefully, I'll finish up this week. Silk...hope you get better. Grasshopper...glad your back is better. Happy Canuk, & Joanne....take care.

Our family gave me a surprise "Angel Shower" yesterday. I collected angels for 10 yrs, & they were in the storage....at least, the ones that didn't burn. I got a lot of beautiful angels...but most of all...I felt the love. It was a real nice evening. My mother-in-law gave it for me.....ain't I lucky? My in-laws have always been great.

Gotta go. Take care.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:01 PM   #8  

Hi!

Angel, that sounded so nice...an angel party! Your family sounded great. I thought about sending you an angel after your story....funny thing was with all the Christmas decorations in the house I think there's only two angels. Mom is a big fan of Hallmark and Christmas. I could have showered you with Snowment though

Joanne: Still haven't started physical therepy. Finally got an updated referral on friday. Tried to set it up today but they were too busy . Hopefully, I'll be able to get in there before the end of the week. My brother's wedding is next week and I don't want to sit out the reception. Good job on the walking!

Silk: Don't know about the Facet Point shots. I had them, with the xrays and all, and didn't find that they held that well. I had another type of injection, different doc and insurance, and that one held for 6 mths. Walked out feeling "normal". Think I'm going to try that doc again once I get insurance and if the PT doesn't help. I must be getting old because I still think of 13 as young

Canuck: Glad to see ya! Checked into that type of chiroprator...only two in the state. Heard that there's a great acupunturist (sp?) that all the nurses use at the hospital. Might check that out

Hope this finds everyone well Have a great week!

Deb
Old 09-29-2003, 06:51 PM   #9  

Hi it was so nice to hear from everyone today. Angel, I have missed your posting. It sounds like you had a lovely angel party, and I am sure it was well deserved.

Happy Canuck, I know what your talking about with the pain coming back after the shots, it is like I never had it done. I am so disappointed.

Grasshopper, I hope you get your referral by the end of the week and I wish you great success.

Joanne, thanks for your concern, the doctor that did it is suppose to be the best around here but I will look into it further.

I will post later, hope all is well.

Take care
Silk
Old 09-29-2003, 07:59 PM   #10  

Default Hey There

Grasshopper- I hope you get in to therapy and get relief. I remember once telling a Dr. that I thought therapy was a waste of money. He agreed with me!..He sent me anyway. I went for two sessions and told them to give me a sheet and I would do them myself. $30. above insurance was just too much.They wanted me to go 3 times a week.Not me.
Silk- Hope you are feeling better.
Angel- I think that Angel party was just a wonderful thing for them to do for you.You are blessed.. Keep well.
Happy- I walked again tonight 3 miles as usual. I know I could have not walked any more than that.. We felt our first cool air today. They say the low will be 66 tonight . We'll see...
Bye....Joanne
Old 09-30-2003, 04:40 PM   #11  

Hi All!

Know what you mean about the $30.00 per visit, Joanne. That's what it's going to cost me. I think I'm going to check it out (I'm supposed to get a massage and whirlpool with it but we'll see) - not worth it if it's something I can just do on my own.

Glad to see everyone is up and about! Now what happened to our new member???? Hope she's still around!

Have a great day!

Deb
Old 09-30-2003, 07:15 PM   #12  

Default Hey There

Grasshopper- That was $30 per visit above what insurance paid. No whirlpool or anything. Just supervision for some exercise. Bull on that. I am still able to read instructions . I am 70 not dead!Down here there are a lot of retirees .So they put everyone on the same page and think we all are senile... I hate it.I had a eye exam yesterday. .You would think that the Dr. was talking to a very old person so she had to space her words to be sure I understood everything she said.. I almost laughted in her face.
Don't know where everyone is. Busy I guess...
Hello everyone and any lurkers jump right in...We love your input.
Bye,Joanne
Old 10-02-2003, 09:32 AM   #13  

Hi everyone!!! I have'nt posted for awhile, I've been very busy . All the kids took turns getting sick this week I got the results back for my testosterone testing.Everything was normal.Thank God!! Had it been pcos I would have to deal with it for the rest of my life. Now I'm back to square one though. Do any of you know if an ovarian cyst can cause weight gain?
I hope you all are having a wonderful week

Mindi
Old 10-02-2003, 10:20 AM   #14  

Default Hey

Just checking in...I have to weigh in tonight. I am afraid there will not be a loss. A least my scales say so.. I have be good all week. One little minor thing that I thought would not matter but it must..
Godsgrace- PCOS???I have been a nurse more than half my life and I can't quite get that one..If the cysts are benign fibroids there possibly would be a small wt. gain. My daughter had surgery this year and they took about 3 lbs out of her as well as her uterus. She weighs under 100 lbs.
Illness always goes through the house when there are children involved...I am far past the child bearing age,but, you never forget...
It hads been a good but busy week for me.
Hello everybody. Stay well...Joanne
Old 10-03-2003, 10:36 AM   #15  

Default Hey There

Now I am confused= My scales fooled me yesterday. Tops scales said I was down 1 1/2 lbs. I hope they are right. I felt like I had a loss..I am now recorder for our group and I think it was a good thing to get me more involved. I need that..They say I need to talk louder though. I never had that problem before. I am a vocal person. My sister always said I talked too loud.. Maybe I am not as relaxed as I should be..
I finished a blanket I was crocheting since the middle of summer. All white. I think I got it a little large in width. Oh well one of my kids will get it someday...In the meantime it will be nice on my bed..Now back to the quilt I am working on and also the many projects I enjoy...I keep busy most of the time.
My hubby is outside greasing the pole to the bird feeder. His squirrels are getting up there and draining the feeder and chasing off the birds..I'll probably cut back the branches of the orchid tree that is about 8 feet away. You know! those suckers can jump at least 10 feet to where they want to go.. I may get a feeder that will close when they get on it. But ,they are &80.and he doesn't want me to spend that. Maybe ,I will put it on my Christmas list..
Hello everybody. Keep well. Joanne
Closed Thread