South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 07:51 AM   #1  
Peace with body and soul

Default Let me ask you experts a question

I'm just starting P2..and I'm not sure exactly how many of the 'new' foods I should actually eat? Like yesterday I ate an apple and a piece of sourdoug bread.

Is that too much? Not enough? I'm confused about this..I want to expedite fat loss as much as possible and I need help on understanding how many gms of carbs to introduce back into my plan.

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-25-2003, 08:19 AM   #2  

That's how I started phase II, also (an apple for an afternoon snack, and a piece of bread or Uncle Sam's cereal). I found that the apple made me stall. Raspberries and blackberries did not have that effect. I'm sure it's different for everyone, though, so you'll just have to see what your weight does. Good luck!
Old 09-25-2003, 08:42 AM   #3  
Mous

It really is going to be trial and error.

Each person's body will react differently to carbs. Since we don't count them, just be aware of the sugar content <4, and take it from there.

Slow and steady wins the race as they say.

Keep a food/feeling diary and see what may result.

Good Luck.

Lady
Old 09-25-2003, 04:02 PM   #4  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, Mindi!

Phase 2 is really different for each of us. It is an experimental time that you take very slowly.....introducing back
"good carbs" . I started the first week of Phase 2 by adding back some berries, cantaloupe, or apple each day. The next week I tried a slice of whole grain every couple of days or whole grain cereal. There's a SF/FF yogurt that I have tried, also.

Everything is done with a watchful eye, and slowly. You will do great. Keep us posted on your progress!
~Sharon
Old 09-26-2003, 07:56 AM   #5  
Peace with body and soul

thanks ladies! so far i've been cautiously eating some apples, a piece of sourdough here and there. i don't weigh til next monday..so we'll see!
Closed Thread