South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 08:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - Wednesday, Sept. 24

Good morning Beach Beauties and Babes! Hey, are there no men on the South Beach Diet? If so, shall we call them Brawnies?

A navy and pale green sunrise this morning but the dark clouds are gone. The weather stick says rain but I'm ignoring it! We had an eight-muddy-paw morning but I am going to ignore the kitchen floor too until it dries. Why do I have a white floor?

Harry is showing a slight improvement according to the doc. His diabetes meds have been changed yet again. The poor man has to take six pills three times a day. He rattles when he walks! However, six pills are a heck of a lot better than an insulin shot! He also was able to tell me what day it was today right off the bat so that is a definite improvement.

I'm off for a walk for the paper and then to music this morning. Hershey's job is after lunch and then I will do yet another batch of salsa! I finally got caught up but made the mistake of visiting the tomato patch this morning. Enough already! I may take a bushel of tomatoes down to Martha's Kitchen in Brockville. I'm pretty sure Bob will bring me a bushel of pears this weekend so I'll be right back into it next week again. By the way, friend Rob who is just like a son to us, is going to pop in on Harry while I'm away and take my furry babies for another walk. The aim is to tire Lucy out so she doesn't even think of escaping!

Happy Hump Day, chickies.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:16 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Ruth... that's great news about Harry. I could just cry. (joy, tears of joy)
Why DO you have a white floor? Our downstairs bathroom floor is white. I'm going to rip off the lino and get down to the hardwood. So that when it's dirty it won't LOOK dirty.

Did you see what I ATE yesterday!?!? I've already listed it twice elsewhere, so I won't do it again. I must get some pistachios in today. Funny... there are apples in the house. Nice ones. I keep looking at those and thinking, "I can't eat those... they're not on my plan." And then I eat chocolate.

back later...
Old 09-24-2003, 09:29 AM   #3  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Talking Good Morning, Ruth!!

Missed stopping by yesterday , but do you have the coffee on yet? I take mine straight up.

I'm so glad to hear that Harry is showing some improvement.
I know you've been so worried about him! Time is a great healer.

Hey...that salsa sounds great! And fresh tomatoes!!! One of my favorites(and my DH)for Summer. I wish you would teach me how to "can" some time! I love to cook, but canning hasn't been a strong point with me in the kitchen! I tried Strawberry and Peach Jam a few times, but nothing more!

Ruth, if Ellis stops by, ask her what that "Bean stuff" is that she smears on her face! Sounds like something we should bottle and sell here on the Beach. She says it makes her skin feel soft as a babies..........! I think I need this recipe on file!

How's the WOE going? I have to share a tale that happened to me yesterday. Background info....... a new Krispy Kreme donut shop just opened up in our town. Have you ever tasted a warm one???? Oh my gosh, they're awesome!

Anyway, when I got home from my hour of exercise yesterday, I walked in the door to find my DH standing there with a whole box full of the glazed ones!!!! When he saw my face, he was immediately sorry...poor thing had a weak moment!
I refused to eat even a bite...explaining that I was detoxed from sugars, etc., and made him eat his share, and give the rest away to family and friends! Now that was my NSV for the week!!

Gotta go to see what Marcie and Franny are up to this morning!
Thanks for the coffee and chat...I feel ready for the day now.
Have a great day!
~Sharon
Old 09-24-2003, 09:33 AM   #4  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Ellis......

Hi!! We must have posted at the same time!
Eat apples...not chocolate! I need that Bean recipe for my poor face!
Have a good one!
~Sharon
Old 09-24-2003, 09:39 AM   #5  

Sharon, I am SO impressed! Good for you, hon!!
Is there actually a place called "Krispy Kreme"?! I can't believe it! It sounds sort of good, sort of weird. How DARE they open one in your town!
Speaking of in town, there's an Italian pastry shop down the street that's to die for. The entire shop. To die for.
I DID used to sell my bean scrub, Sharon! Along with my soaps and stuff.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:40 AM   #6  

Oh, Sharon... we posted at the same time again. I posted the "recipe" in Franny's thread.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Happy day ladies The week is almost over.... That's wonderful news about Harry, Ruth! It's a gorgeous day here in MS, and it's expected to be in the mid 80s this afternoon, then tonight it's going to get cooler...thank goodness. It was actually quite chilly this mornin when I went for my walk. But I love this weather!

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:23 AM   #8  

Ruth, Yay!!! I'm sooo happy to hear about the improvement, albeit small it's the right direction!!!

Ellis -- I laughed out loud this morning about the apples vs. chocolate. I do the EXACT same thing!!! How silly! It's just that the apples aren't really calling to us as loudly as the chocolate. The fruit is easier to ignore!!! You should hear all the voices in this house when it's empty of other people (the 'fridge is calling me again...)!

Deets - Really must be (and should be) proud of yourself for that donut incident! I wonder what it would take for me to have such resolve and committment! I was doing pretty well and then had a brownie yesterday. At least I was too embarassed to have more than one!

Ellis - I'm psyched about the bean recipie for my face...but do you really wear it? Can I taste it?! (hee hee)

I'm afraid of going to Franny's thread. Sarge is a little scary! I did go to kickboxing last night, however...and I'm still alive.

Have a lovely day today, coffee time was fun!
Robin
Old 09-24-2003, 10:39 AM   #9  

Been awake since 4:20AM. I hate when that happens! It's cold and dark and I have plenty of time to think. I don't want to think!

DH had a bright idea for a low carb meal. he said we should have a recipe I make for Sloppy Joes only on lettuce. It tasted awful on lettuce! I scraped off the lettuce and ate the mixture. Back to the drawing board for that one.

Nothing more new here....
Old 09-24-2003, 11:21 AM   #10  
Imagine...

Hi All

Ruth what great news about H.

Sharon ~ We just got a Krispy Kreme here for you! They should be outlawed, you should see the people that wait hours in line for a donut. Maybe I am missing something, they are good but to wait for hours, I don't think so.

Ellis~now if your face scrub had chocolate in it I would be on board have a great appointment with your DD.

J&L ~ Don't be afraid of Franny she really is nice. way to go on the exercise.

Hi Tippy & MS24Gal

It is a beautiful day here also, I think I'm coming out my funk Just got my duplicate drivers license and we close on our refinance on thursday. Things are looking up. I don't know why I let little things throw me. I handle the big stuff fine it's the little things that get to me. Oh well hopefully its over and time to move on.... Enjoy the beautiful day!
Old 09-24-2003, 04:36 PM   #11  

Default "Canning for Dummies"

Deets,
Just saw this book on canning for dummies reviewed in a e-letter I subscribe to. Remembered you were interested in learning more about canning. Thought you might want to check it out.
Paige
[email protected]
see article titled "Canning for Dummies"
Old 09-24-2003, 10:50 PM   #12  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

RUTH!!!! GOOD NEWS ABOUT HARRY!!!! What a relief.

I worked a LOT today, and am going to crash early. Will post soon!!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:54 PM   #13  
In Control: E+R=O

Ruth, I'm happy to hear that Harry is showing improvement!! That's wonderful news!!

Ellis, you don't know Krispy Kremes? I'll send you some, if you'll send me some Mackintosh Toffee!!!

Deet, bravo for forgoing the donuts!! I know how hard they are to resist (especially the warm one!!!!)

Hello to everyone else!! Please forgive me for not posting to everyone individually....it's getting late and I need to get to bed, especially since my alarm is set for 4:00 a.m.
Closed Thread