South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 08:49 PM   #1  

Default Scared of Phase 2

Hi all - just wondering if anyone else is fearful of cravings or weight gain when they begin phase 2 - I still have one more week on Phase I and according to the book because my BMI is so high I can stay on Phase I for 2 more weeks but after that must head on to Phase 2 - although this is 3 weeks away I am petrified that once I start eating any form of carbs again I will hit off the "switch" and trigger my cravings

Has anyone experienced this when they switched?
Old 09-23-2003, 09:35 PM   #2  

dont be scared!!! its just add slowly and dont over do and youll be fine .. my husband and i are doing this togeather phase 1 he seemmed to lose nothing while i seemd to be then on phase 2 he really started to lose it so maybe phase 2 is actually better for some body types .. i dont know everyone is different we did begin exercising more regularly on phase 3 i do pilaties and maybe just 2 times a week i drop my daughter off at school and go walk on the treadmill at the spa... so i wouldnt worry but if your not working out at all ya might do a little something... jules
Old 09-23-2003, 09:36 PM   #3  

opps i am not on phase 3!!! i meant to write on phase 2... !!
Old 09-24-2003, 07:22 PM   #4  

Thanks Jules!

not really working out yet - my knees are in pretty bad shape so even walking more than 10 minutes on the treadmill is excrutiating on them but will start when down another 20 pounds will hit my watp tapes can't wait!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 07:49 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi all,

just a quick question since you are on the topic of moving on to Phase 2. I am on the second week of phase 1 with a few minor slips (darn that dark organic chocolate bar ) would it be okay if I did one more week of Phase 1 before moving to phase 2?
Old 09-24-2003, 08:46 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Nubby, Julbee is right... just add the carbs back gradually.

Mauvais, sure... do another week of Phase I if you can stick it. But don't be afraid of Phase II. You should still lose. (you skinny minny, you )
Old 09-24-2003, 10:23 PM   #7  
In Control: E+R=O

Nubby, I agree with the advice you've been given. Ease your way in slowly. If you find a food that triggers a craving, you'll know that you need to stay away from that food for a while longer.

Hi Mauvais!! It's nice to see you over here!! Ellis is right, you can stay on Phase 1 a little longer, but I wouldn't stay for more than an extra week or two. After you move to Phase 2 you can switch back to phase 1 occasionally if you find yourself straying or needing a little kick start again. A lot of beachers go back and forth between the two phases. What I would worry about with staying on phase 1 for too long would be the boredom that may set in with the more limited food choices.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:39 AM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thanks for the advice beach babes!

I am still comtemplating...more for hubby's sake than mine as he is trying to get rid of his tummy but he is sick of eating the "chemical jello" as he calls it
Closed Thread