Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 10:31 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default Anyone Out There Tuesday???

Where is everyone today. I came in late and still no thread. Are we all shy today??? Be back later...
Old 09-23-2003, 10:40 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls its me
I had a quick Question I'm making or will be making 0 points soup but I wondered if I could start out and put raw chicken in it Obviously allowing time for cooking
Hi Jen! are the kid pics today?
bbiab I fell asleep at my desk and I'm behind in studying!
Eeek
Love
Kierie
Old 09-23-2003, 10:47 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning Jen and Kieri! I am very tired today. Since I am teaching in the am I have to get up at 6am in order to get my work out in I did today but until I adjust I am going to be one tired chiquita. Someone asked what I was teaching yesterday. I am subbing (for the rest of theyear) for a 6th grad history class. I am really enjoying it but it keeps me quite busy. I have to get back to work. I wish I could write more. I did better yesterday btw but I added up my points from the wknd and I used 38 flex points I am just going to do my best for the next 3 days and pray to the wwer god's hoping that I have a loss.

BBL
Old 09-23-2003, 11:06 AM   #4  

Hey All... Becky, I am tired today also. But I normall get up at 5:45 and doesn't leave me any time for a workout! I would love to get up at 6 and still have time. But I have to be at work by 7:30. I didn't sleep well last night at all. And Kate was all wound up and didn't want to go to bed last night. She just kept giggling and smiling. It was after 10 before she settled and then we just tiptoed and prayed she would fall asleep.

KO, tomorrow is pic day. I am very worried. Emma had a melt down last night with her pants. Big temper tantrum. I was trying them on to make sure they fit so I didn't have to go get a different size. Wheeewww.... it was a doozy of a night. I can't wait until she gets over this stage.

So I am exausted today. I put some french onion soup in the crock for dinner. Low point and can't wait. I found this cookbook I bought last year and forgot all about it. It is the Busy Woman's Low Fat Cookbook. Super easy recipes and a lot of kid friendly ones. I am not sure Emma will like onion soup, but we will see.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:21 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Save me from myself!!! I was up 2.4lbs at WI last night. I've reviewed my journal for the last week and while I may have been off on point estimates a little this weekend, I really don't believe I was off by enough to gain 2.4! Argh! It is so frustrating to think you've done everything right and gain. It is possible that all the extra exercise is building muscle or that I didn't get all the sodium from the weekend out of my system right? Or am I just deluding myself????

JenL - you aren't alone out here. Just a crazed morning at work.

Kier - I don't know about the soup but "HI!!"

Becky - we can be virtual work-out buddies. I also get up to work out around 5:30 or 6:00 AM. What work-out did you do this morning? I spent 40 minutes on the treadmill (2.5 miles) as part of my 1/2 marathon training.

So last night before WI, I bought myself an exercise ball as my "reward" for losing 10lbs. I'm so bummed because I'm up above that mark again. I thought about returning it but decided to hang onto it. I'll just wait to open and use it until I'm back down again. I also got a pedometer which I am very excited to try tonight.

No luck on the furniture shopping. I really want to start buying "real" furniture because I sort of think it is a waste to spend money on a transitional piece. I'd rather save and get a quality piece but we've really been talking and I think I'm going to have to be an adult and wait on the real thing. I'm going to look for a "temporary" hutch for the kitchen at Target & Goodwill and use the rest to cover some of "his" bills so that he can pay down some pre-existing debt.

Well, that's it from me. Hope you all have good days.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:29 AM   #6  
Canadian Chick

Morning girls, I am tired today. My brother woke me up at 2 am to ask he if could borrow my car!! Argh! Now he's skipping school b/c he's too tired. So much for the house to myself. The Talk stilll hasn't happened b/c DH's grandma ended up in the hospital & since we're the only ones who live here DH has been spending all his time there. She has a tumor on her kidney which they aren't sure if its malignant or benign. They were going to operate yesterday but then they weren't sure if her heart can handle the surgery so now they are doing a bunch of tests. She hasn't been eating & they still don't have her on IV. The only thing she can keep down is a bit of broth. She is a tiny woman to begin with but now she just looks like bones. Its sad. Dh is very stressed. Hopefully some more of his family will come to the city today to share the burden.

Btw I went to WW last night & by some miracle I lost 1.8lbs! I don't know how it happened since I ate like crap for at least half of the week! After the meeting I had a nice 40 minute walk. I love nice fall evenings.

Jen, if you have time could you post your onion soup recipe? Sounds so good.

Kier, glad you found time to pop in!

Becky, no worries about over stepping thread boundaries. I wouldn't share if I didn't want you guys' input. WTG on getting up for your workout! Keep it up & you'll be a svelte chickee in no time!

Kim, glad to hear that you & your family are ok. I hope that your power is back soon.

Can't remember anything else from yesterday. Sorry friends. I hope that you all have a super day & keep it OP! TC girlies!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:32 AM   #7  
Canadian Chick

Hey Laura, we were posting at the same time! I bet you its sodium. If you do everything right that's usually the prob or maybe you had heavy food in you yesterday or is TOM coming? I wouldn't sweat it. I fyou keep doing what you did this week the loss will show. Don't give up!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:55 AM   #8  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Jen~ I had to be their at 7:45 for a staff meeting BUT I am the worlds fastest chick at getting ready fast (if need be). I think it is the curly hair. I blow dry and go! I also don't haven any precious munchkins yet so I cannot even imagine the stress of getting them out the door. Good luck with the onion soup. I've never heard about that cookbook but I did hear about one that is supposed to be quick recipes that involve 5 ingredients or less. I really need to find out the title of that one.

Laura~ I was a bit burnt out on WATP so I started taping Denise Austin on Lifetime. She does 2 workouts back to back. One is called Light and Fit and that involves: Yoga, Low Impact Cardio and Pilates (killer ab pilates), so far this is my favorite. The second one involves, Yoga, Pilates and High Impact. They are each about 30 minutes long and I try and do one in the a.m. They are perfect b/c they are short but you work EVERYTHING. I will be your virtual workout buddy anytime OH and as far as the gain don't sweat it . I keep telling myself that if I continue to do things right my body will change whether the scale moves or not b/c although the scale is dropping for me now I know I will hit plateaus at some point.

Rina~ I cannot wait for you to have the talk! Your bro knows nothing about boundaries. I hope that all improves for you soon. How are you handling all of the stress today??? I hope you are ok

Kieri~ I too do not have a clue about the soup! Sorry!

BTW We drove by a house last night and I think we will see the inside on Saturday. Uhhh I cannot wait to have my own home
Old 09-23-2003, 11:57 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Rina I will be praying for Dh's grandma
Becky! how are the 6th graders thats actually the age of kids that I'm not too favorable of too cliquey
Laura have you checked out some outlet sales for real furniture?
alright I'm going to fenagle my soup somehow! and then get back to reading UGH
I love TV but reading about programming makes me want to smash the screen!
bbl
Kierie
Old 09-23-2003, 12:07 PM   #10  

KO, You can boil the chicken in the broth first and then add the veggies. Make sure you get that chicken cooked tho! It would be similar to making real chicken noodle soup (not from a can).

Oh and I will let you know if the soup tastes good first, then I will post it. I had to make some alterations to it since I didn't have Butter Buds and used beef base paste instead of boullion.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:09 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Morning ladies. They gave me a temp for the day to catch up on all my filing and little bits before I move on to my new job. Yay. But means no surfing so I better do this quick. I had a good day yesterday. Dinner was a bit bigger than I planned but still OK (BBQ burger/no bun but salads and a tart for dessert)I was so good during the day that it's better than I have been. Good day planned for today too. I love planing my meals out ahead of time. Of course now I want onion soup - let us know how it turns out Jen!! I had my nieces and nephew and they were very cute. But I fell asleep at 10 and then I was up at 4am and now I'm tired. I should have gotten out of bed and done something instead of laying there being mad. OK, temps here now and I have to get her to do some stuff. This should be fun.
KT
Old 09-23-2003, 12:38 PM   #12  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Girls! Thanks for all your support! I expected a maintain or tiny (say.2 or .4 gain) because I knew I'd had more sodium than normal and not enough water but nothing like 2.4! I think I'm especially shocked because my clothes are looser than ever. I appreciate all the reminders that following the program will show up somewhere - just not always on the scale.

Rina - I'll keep DH's grandma in my thoughts.

Becky - The Denise Austin work-outs sound like fun. I have a tendency for boredom so I never do the same thing 2 days in a row.

Kierie - been to a couple outlets, prices were better but nothing that fit the space I have. Maybe I should look a little harder into that though.

JenL - I love onion soup too! Please do post the recipe if it turns out.

KT - I'm of the opinion that planning is the key to making this program work for you. Good luck getting everything organized before moving on to your new position.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:51 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thanks Jen! I decided not to experiment with the 0 points as It would be nice to just have it 0 pts and freeze it (tho I'm not counting points)
While I was organizing over the weekend I found a copy of Get with the program guide to good eating so its my bedtime reading and I'm just getting healthy recipes and stuff off the web I also switched BC which bizarrely gave me more energy and now i'm all about my multivitamins which I was a bit lax on before
eww me and my roomie had a lil altercation last night I don't think she even knew she offended me she is heavy and maybe a size smaller than me
and was saying something about her upper tummy and I said what its the same size as mine
oooh she got defensive and said NO ITS NOt
she's a 14W and I'm a 16 yah I'm obviously so much bigger
I will say it did light a fire under my buns
I want to kick her arse!
grrr
why do friends do that?
BBL gotta get ready for class
Love
Kier
Old 09-23-2003, 12:56 PM   #14  

Hey Girls!!

I'm trying to pull myself back into being OP. It's been a rough couple of months, but this is one thing that I can actually control. I've skimmed a few of the threads, but there are just so many, and I honestly can't remember how long I've been gone. Anyway, I promise I'm going to try to be back regularly, because I know that staying OP and posting here goes hand in hand with me.

I've gained so much weight this summer, it makes me sick. I have to go and update my sig yet again. I still haven't found a place to buy/live, but I may have to bite it and look for an apartment this weekend, it's such a bummer. I think what has motivated me to get back on track a little is that I've been hanging out with this guy who is like super sports man - used to be semi-pro soccer and plays several times a week, plus does other sports and goes running almost every day. He is like 100% muscle, yet weighs himself every day and complains that he feels fat. I'm thinking, what would you call me then??

I saw a posting about the Dr. Phil craze - what do you girls think of him? He kind of gets on my nerves, and it's not like he's in super shape himself. I think his program is geared towards those people who don't really know all the "rules" to weight loss, etc. They don't know what the first step is. All of us here I think have been there done that....but I'll be curious to see what it's all about. Anyway, I should get back to work, but wanted to say Hi and hope everyone is doing well!
Old 09-23-2003, 02:51 PM   #15  
Running Babe

Hey all,

I hope everyone is doing well today... I have just been super busy at work and have a quick moment to say hello.

Kierie: good to see ya

Lexxy: hmmm, as per Dr. Phil I am just not a huge fan of his... I think he wants people to use the mind/body connection to lose weight which is fine (while eating healthy), but I don't like the fact he downplays using points and stuff and calling WW a diet... it's what one makes the program that makes WW a success.

Jen: I am sorry you had such a tough evening last night. Hopefully she'll be better for the photos. I am sure they'll turn out well.

Rina: I am sorry to hear about your DH's grandmother.

Laura: It's probably water weight, it happens, if you feel your clothes are looser, you'll probably find next week that your weight will have gone down.

KT: ah temps are fun.... you're going back to school this January right? Looking forward to that?

Becky: I know, going to open houses are fun aren't they? My honey is looking for a house... he's now thinking of building one.

Take care!

Ali
Closed Thread