South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 05:35 AM   #1  
Mous

Thumbs down Changes at the Beach DAILY Monday

CHANGES

There once was a lady named Dolly
She was quite fat and very jolly
She stumbled across South Beach Diet
And much to her delight found it a riot
Dolly has changed from the inside out
And wants to give a very loud shout
HIP, HIP, HORRAY
The pounds are melting aweigh!

Dolly is changing. She is learning that a new way of eating can change EVERYTHING. It transforms us into a smart, wise choice making, happier, healthier person. One who now takes pride in things, handles stresses differently, is more honest and enjoys life more.

There is a little Dolly insside all of us. Take care of her....she IS important, valued and loved.

What changes are you noticing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mom is getting better and better. Can't wait till she can join me on Victoria Grace. I miss her sitting next to me. She is addicted to Mahjongg and Shanghi.

One pound gone.........where did it go?

House cleaning today. Part of my routine.

With the holidays coming would you like to exchange e-mails or snail mail addresses?

Soon the leaves will be changing and Jack Frost will come visiting.

Have a nice day, my Beach Beauties.

Marcie
Old 09-22-2003, 06:11 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I think Jack Frost is already here this morning as it sure is chilly. One of these days I'll start crabbing about having to light the wood stove in the back room. Yesterday I saw Canada geese flying south so that's the first sign of the change.

My kitchen is about to lose the Battle of the Fruit Flies! Those little creeps are some breeders! I am trying hard to keep ahead of them but I think some of the tomatoes and pears may end up in the compost heap instead of in salsa or relish! Considering I've done very little out there, my garden is very prolific this year. The fall raspberries are terrific! I've been picking about 4 cups a day from them. I wish I could share.

Gail comes to clean today so I have to change Harry's schedule. Dr. Bob said to let him sleep late if he wants but I really would like him cranked up before 9. Maybe I'm too close to the situation but I don't see much improvement over two weeks ago. We go to the doc tomorrow. Maybe he will see a change. At any rate, I am trying hard to get back to a "normal" life and saving my whining for my journal.

My Girls are really cuddly these days. It's as if they know winter is coming and want to ensure they have a warm den for the season! On the other hand, they sense my worry and are trying to be a comfort. Nothing like hugging a warm furry beast to make you feel better!

Whoops! Better get cracking and get this show on the road.

Have a super Monday on the Beach, Babes and Beauties!
Old 09-22-2003, 06:52 AM   #3  
In Control: E+R=O

Good morning Beach Beauties, and Happy Monday!

Today is my weigh-in day, and I'm so happy to report that I lost another 2.5 pounds last week!! And I know that I can contribute that loss to my "Dolly", who is now thinking like a thin person and not reacting to stress by filling my mouth and tummy with comfort foods. Yesterday I was still marveling at this miraculous change in me, and I was trying to think of when exactly this transformation happened. And I could not pinpoint it to any specific date or time frame.....it just kind of snuck up on me!

One-half pound more and I can buy a new charm for my charm bracelet!! I can't wait to go shopping!

Marcie, glad to hear that your Mom continues to improve. And I love your idea of exchanging addresses for holiday cards (except I don't want to post my address on the internet, so we'll have to come up with a way to do it through e-mail or something). I've made so many new friends here in the past couple of months, a card exchange would be fun!

Ruth, I think I saw some of your Canadian geese flying over my house yesterday too! And Aren't dogs wonderful at giving comfort? They definitely know when you need a little extra love or cuddle. I don't know what I would do without mine. Continued good thoughts for you and Harry. I hope his appointment goes well tomorrow and you get some good news.

Well, I'm off to work. Not really looking forward to it after last week, but I can't run away from the stresses, so the next best thing is to face them head on!

Have a Great Monday at the beach ladies!! I'll try to check in later from work if I'm able. If not, I'll be back tonight.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:11 AM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Morning, beauties! Grandma Marcie, you are a hoot! I love the poem about Dolly...very cute! You'll have to tell Greatgrandma Lucille that I love Mahjongg! I have never tried Shanghai...I'll have to check it out! So glad she is doing better. She'll up and sitting next to you at Victoria Grace before you know it. By the way, you are the only person I know who has named her PC!

Ruthie-I do hope the news at the doctor's is good. Just like changes we are making, improvements will take time. And you're probably right...it is hard to see small improvements when you are so close and looking so hard for them.

I love the idea of a card exchange over the holidays. It would be so nice to share a bit of our lives over that special time of the year.

2dog-Congrats on your new frame of mind! And of course on the positive changes it has brought you! Do you have a regular charm bracelet or the italian style links? You'll have to let us know when you get your new charm!

Just opened a belated BD gift from my MIL that DH brought back with him: a beautiful cherry cheval mirror! I have wanted one for a long time (not sure how she knew that!) but would have never bought one for myself. I think it is her way of telling me how proud she if of my new WOL and the rewards I am reaping!

Rainy day here in Ohio. Good day to get some housework done. Not sure I will, but it would be a good day for it!

Have a wonderful day, beauties! And be kind to Dolly!
Old 09-22-2003, 08:32 AM   #5  

good morning beach beauties....someone kick my arse out the door this morning!!! I really need to do my walk...I know my nosey neighbors think I am nuts. I walk to the corner and back about fifty times....I am afraid to walk farther 'cause of my back. I am sure they will say something eventually. It looks so cloudy. Maybe I should sweat with the oldies! YUK! Hate that. Everyone have a good beach day!!!
laters!
Old 09-22-2003, 10:10 AM   #6  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Good Morning, Beach Buddies!!!

Just dropping by for a few minutes before I go to teach my Bible Study class. The 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month I have 10
ladies who really look forward to this.

Marcie, I love the poem about Dolly. Dolly and I have a lot in
common. I am noticing more and more of those changes taking
place within me each day. There were so many instances this
past week that I felt so "in control" of my eating situation. This
is definitely an improvement...and a good thing.

Ruth.....I wish I lived closer to you so you could share some
of those delicious raspberries with me! I love them!

Twodog.....I am so very proud of your weight loss!

Franny....Happy Belated Birthday! The mirror sounds just
beautiful!

Whimsey....You go for that walk! Forget the nosey neighbors!!

Happy Monday to all my lovely Beach friends!

Talk later!!~Sharon
P.S. Marcie...great idea about the e-mail exchange for the holidays. We will definitely plan on that! I'm happy about your mom!!!
Old 09-22-2003, 10:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Good mornin everybody! Hope y'all had a good weekend. Mine was ok. We got some house cleaning finished....and couldn't do much more since it was raining.

I don't know what it is, but when I don't do my walking, I seem to gain weight. Like this past weekend. I did do my exercise tape yesterday for about an hour, but still managed to gain 3 lbs! I doubt I'll reach my goal by Wed. Cuz now I have to lost like 6 lbs.

I guess instead of getting disappointing about it. I should just think of it as a brand new week...which it is. Went for my 55 minute walk this mornin and feel pretty good. Had to carry my umbrella incase it started to rain, but thankfully it didn't.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:37 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nobody should ever post their email or snail address on the Net!

If folks want to do a card exchange, perhaps someone can volunteer to organize it via PM's. Only folks who give out their addies should receive the addies of others.

I hate to sound like a party pooper but things happen.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:37 PM   #9  

I don't know what it is, but when I don't do my walking, I seem to gain weight. Like this past weekend. I did do my exercise tape yesterday for about an hour, but still managed to gain 3 lbs! I doubt I'll reach my goal by Wed. Cuz now I have to lost like 6 lbs.

Is your TOTM coming up? For me, I think I feel more lackluster and lazy at that time, which would also account for your weight gain.

Just a friendly thought!

Tricia
Old 09-22-2003, 04:46 PM   #10  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Ruth......

You are absolutely right. My DH just reminded me about being extra careful over the internet, also. It's good to have someone looking out for us. Thanks!!!!

~Sharon
Old 09-22-2003, 09:37 PM   #11  
Member Florida Chick

I am really late today. I hope everyone had a good day. I pulled one of my 'boners' Went to get new black ink cartridge for our printer, thought I had the right one, came home and then really looked and I had color. don't need color. so tomorrow DH is going to have to return it for the right stuff.

Marcie: Love the Dolly poem.

Frannie: I'm a Mahjong lover too. I have several versions. Even a Christmas one.

Ruthie: I love raspberries. Makes such wonderful jam and pies and cobbler I know what you mean about fruit flies. I know they must have some purpose, but haven't figured out yet what it is. Hope all goes well with Harry at the Docs. Does he have to have any sort of physical or occupational therapy?
Isn't it wonderful that our little furry friends just seem to sense when we need a little extra smooching?

Whimsey: What sort of back difficulties do you have? Have you had surgery? Walking can be a good builder of strength. I have degenerative disc, and they gave me floor exercises to do to strengthen my abdominal muscles for better support. Just keep
up the good work and the neighbors can go 'fly a kite'.

When someone figures out how we can exchange Holiday greetings, let us know. It is a great idea-just need to find a way to carry it out safely.

'See' you all tomorrow. Lizzie
Old 09-23-2003, 06:14 PM   #12  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Wink Forgive my intrusion... this post is for Lavender Fields

Quote:
I started the South Beach Diet, and I know it's pretty healthy, but sometimes I "cheat." The only problem with SBD is, <whisper> constipation. HELP!

Hello Lavender, I'm Sunny also known as SunnyD

I read your post in the Dr. Phil Intro --- you are so cute!

If I may...
As far as the constipation What I do is take 1 Citrucil tablet at dinner every day and I never have any problems. I get the equivalent of Citrucil at Wal-Mart (their brand) and it works very well for me. I have been on the SB program since July this year and have lost 12.5lbs. I am in Phase II, so it is coming off very slow, but it's coming off

Plus with this 'life-changing program' - SB (not a diet ) you really have to drink your water! I fill up four 16oz bottles in the morning and "try" to get them in by 7 at night. That will help you allot! Hope I was of some help to you
Closed Thread