Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 02:43 AM   #1  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Smile More changes in my life (pictures inside too!)

There has been so much going on in my life. Remember when I got promoted to Reports Analyst? Well the contract I was positioned on (hewlett-packard) left, and I moved over to the Yahoo! project, and I hate it. I am going to be taking a big paycut, which I am very upset about. Basically what happened was, I was demoted back to a tier 1 agent, and my pay was cut back to that of an agent, but my job description and responsibilities stayed the same. I've been looking online, and my position *should* be paying between $32,000-50,000/yr. That is a LOT less than what I am going to be making after my paycut. Plus I'm a single parent, and my bills just keep coming and coming.

I need a new job, I need a change of scenery...so I've decided that I am going to relocate. I am going to be moving to Calgary, hopefully by the end of November. Calgary is booming right now, and I've been applying for tons of jobs. As soon as I find one, I'm gone (I am willing to go down there with a 3 month temp job, and can start a new job in as little as 2 weeks).

I've been "seeing" a really awesome guy, his name is Curtis. He lives in Calgary also, so at least I'm going to know someone when I get there. I actually just got back from Calgary tonight, I was only there for less than 24 hrs (it's 2.5 hrs south of here), but I took a picture of Curtis and I together. Just so you have an idea of how tall he is (almost 6'5"), I am 5'9" and I was wearing 3 inch heels in this pic. In flat feet, I am not quite up to his shoulders.

And here is a picture of Calgary (it's a beautiful city, this picture doesn't even do it justice):

I am really depressed tonight though, I didn't want to come back home. I feel like I left a part of myself there when I left.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:21 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Awwww, I am so happy for you! You look so cute together. Good luck on the job search!
Old 09-21-2003, 01:44 PM   #3  
Crazy Canuck

Lovely pic Raelynn, you look very comfortable together (and you're a very pretty girl).

I hope Calgary opens lots of doors for you, career wise and personally (what a nice coincidence that the awesome guy in your life lives there too )

I agree - Calgary is truly beautiful with the bonus of lots of job opportunities and a nice environment to raise kids in. I'm sure the move will give you a whole new lease on life (and beautiful Banff is close too!). Are you currently in Red Deer by any chance?
Old 09-21-2003, 02:31 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Raelynn....you look beautiful in your picture! Good luck with the change of scenery...sometimes that's all it takes.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:25 PM   #5  
Future marathon runner

Thank you for the compliments

Jill - I currently live in Edmonton. Even Red Deer would be better than Edmonton right about now, because RD is only less than an hour and a half away from Calgary.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:31 PM   #6  
2006 - Panda Remix

Good luck to you Raelynn - a change is as good as a rest. I know how you feel because me and my partner are trying to relocate to Ireland at the moment. Unfortunately it is not exactly booming there at the moment so we are having to be patient and wait for the right job to come along.

I know that once you make the decision to go, you just want to be there! We've been waiting for 5 months now and are really emotionally detached from England now - our hearts are in Ireland.

Calgary looks absolutely gorgeous and so do you - Curtis is a lucky man!

All the best to you

Amanda xx
Old 09-21-2003, 07:50 PM   #7  

What a couple of CUTIES!!!!
Old 09-22-2003, 10:35 AM   #8  
Old Cackler

raelynn.. this move sounds like exactly the right thing to do, and for all the right reasons. job first, curtis the cutie second.

i'm a big fan of single women, and single mothers especially, living in places with a diverse job market and many educational opportunities. when one thing goes sour, there's always somethiing else to do. and better education for the kids as well.

soooo. the sooner the better!!! get those packing boxes!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 02:25 AM   #9  
Future marathon runner

Awww thanks I just love that picture of us, I get butterflies in my tummy every time I look at it

I hope you can find work in Ireland, Amanda.

Jiffy, your words are really encouraging to me, thank you.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:48 PM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

He's a hottie! Way to go woman!

Good luck in your new city! What new excitement/trouble will Raelynn get into there!
Old 09-24-2003, 01:51 PM   #11  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

You two make a really cute couple!! Good luck with the move!! Change is good!!
Old 09-25-2003, 08:14 AM   #12  
Future marathon runner

Thank you!
Closed Thread