Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 03:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default My wedding ring fell off :(

In the nonscale victories post, I mentioned it was loose. In fact, it fell into the garbage disposal the other day. But I didn't think anything about it until I was reading this article:

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspart...ight/scale.htm

It mentions looser rings, so I looked down and mine is gone! I have no idea where I lost it. It could have dropped off at the Fair yesterday or sometime today. I checked around the house, in my bed, and outside where I was working (although I had gloves on). I can't believe it! I didn't have a special insurance policy on it, and I'm not sure if it's included in personal property insurance.

So, everybody, if you wear rings and you're losing weight, please make sure to get them resized, stick tape around them, or take them off until you've lost all the weight you're going to lose. This is actually the second ring I've lost--I lost my first ring about a month after we were married 22 years ago. I didn't get another one for a couple of years, then just got a cheapie that I wore until I got this one in May. It was engraved just like our original rings were engraved 22 years ago.

I'm so bummed. . .
Old 09-20-2003, 04:00 PM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

That's too bad Sheila. I can sympathize but not really relate, other than when I lost my wedding ring, which was on my honeymoon and it mattered to me then. I guess it was a foreboding of worse things to come, but at the time I just couldn't believe my brand new wedding ring had been washed out to sea in Acapulco. A decade later, when the marriage was ending, I wondered what to do about my engagement ring. Obviously I wasn't interested in wearing it any longer and as beautiful as it was it didn't seem appropriate to hand down to my daughter ("There you go honey, a symbol from a failed marriage"). As it turned out, I took my daughter to Florida while the marital home was up for sale and the house was broken into. One of the items stolen was the engagement ring and I used the insurance money as a deposit on a condo. All's well that ends well

But Sheila, I hope your ring turns up soon - it's probably somewhere in or around the house and you'll come across it when you least expect it. If not, even if there's not a special endorsement on your insurance policy it should be included as a general personal property item (subject to deductible). If worse comes to worse and you have to get another one, at least you know the sentiments of 22 years ago remain and I envy you for that
Old 09-21-2003, 01:22 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I hope you find it soon!
Old 09-21-2003, 02:33 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I'm so sorry! I have just the opposite problem...can't wear mine 'cause my damn fingers are too fat!
Closed Thread