Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 02:04 AM   #1  
missaprylj

Arrow #200 - All Things Pass

Hey People-

The good times, the bad times... they pass.
The proud times, the mad times... they pass.
The hard times, the sad times... they too shall pass.

How are you doing?

Well... my sister was at the Mayo Clinic last week. :S Lots of tests and she has to go back this week. They're still not sure exactly what's wrong with her. (We've been told Lupus, but have been given reasons to think otherwise.) So, if you're the praying type, please say an extra prayer or two for my oldest big sissah Robyn. Thanks.
Then I saw my dear mother last weekend.... eeeeek. Let's just say she lives 20 miles out in the boonies w/ no water or electricity and she wants to put solar panels on her TRAILER home.... it's um, interesting. (I'm not anything near close with her for those of you who don't know, I just *want* her, but can't have her.)
And, my best friend who got a bf in March and subsequently quit talking to me then as well has officially told me that she has no desire to ever be friends with me again after "everything I've done to her" WHAT NERVE! Grrrr. Her loss.
School has been stressful too. This is embarrasing but I've been having a really hard time in Driver's Ed.!!! (How crazy is that?) I cannot stand the teacher. I've never driven anything either, so I'm getting really nervous about starting that. Crazy.
Also... I've been sick for two weeks. I just cannot shake it! It sucks and it is strange... sore throat, tired, nasal problems, stomach, the whole 9. And it's not that I've been *SICK* for two weeks, it's like, I haven't been 100% capacity in 2 weeks. Ya know?
But, I'm tired of being depressed over it all. Life is just too short.

This too shall pass....

Old 09-20-2003, 07:50 AM   #2  

Aprylcadabra, Have you seen a doctor to make sure that nothing more is wrong? Especialy if you're eating less, you may need to be sure that you're taking a muti-vitamin. You've got to be sure you're taking care of yourself because we all need you healthy!! I'm sorry that you're having a tough time in school with Driver's Ed, but I bet that once you actually start it, it won't be as bad as you were afraid it would be.

I did find a house for us that will take all 5 kids and my great big dog. We start moving this weekend, but then we'll finish on Tuesday and Wednesday when DH is home from the road. The kids are really big helps with starting to move.

My DD and I were talking about my weight loss yesterday and I said that I had taken back off the pounds that I put on during my recent binge of stress eating and that I was back to losing "virgin pounds". She looked at me and said, "Mom, after having 6 kids, I don't think any part of you is virgin!". Teenagers!! (Sorry, Apryl, not you.)

How's everyone else doing this weekend?
Old 09-20-2003, 08:04 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

apryl.. go see the doctor, 2 weeks is too long with that bug. honest!!!!

and mothergoose... not sure whether to laugh or cry over your post!

as for me.. the thread title really got me.. it's so true, and one of the things that have gotten me through my life. well, at least after i LEARNED it. [see apryl?? one more thing that you've learned at a young age that took me DECADES to figure out!! are you SURE you're not an old bat like me????]

ended up at the ER last night for mom [thank goodness it wasn't ME this time!!!]. she had a large open scrape on the back of her leg and the entire ankle was swollen and red. i'd called her PCP from work to make an appt to see him on monday, but when i got home from work i realized that she needed help before then.

so... there she sat, fussing and fuming as only an 81 year old former nurse with alzheimers could do [to those of us who know all this about her, it was entertaining - to everyone else it was probably a royal pain!]

and then, the doc was really nice to her and gave us all kinds of bandage supplies [which he wasn't really supposed to do, but he said that mom looked like barbara bush!].

and since i hadn'g actually eaten all day [what a mess that was!!! physical therapy, a prtein shake, an egg, and then the power went out at work so i couldn't nuke my leftover steak and didn't want to eat it cold, so i had a little cottage cheese and that was about it!!!! thank goodness i had a little cheese that i ate on the way home!]... oh. i got lost in that rant.

here we go again.. we went to panera's for something to eat.. and i ate about 6 bites, all too fast, so i had to stop. i brought the rest of the1/2 sandwich home and finished it, much more slowly.

so, today, it's a meeting with a friend who i hope will become a business partner in an exciting new venture [and i can't say any more than that on a public forum!].

and more of the same.

at least my knee is getting better. and life DOES go on. and everything WILL pass.

love to all
Old 09-20-2003, 08:53 AM   #4  

April i am sorry the people who are supposed to be there for you are not but we are!

Mothergoose I am so happy you found a place to take the doggie! We have a poodle and i would also move if i had to get rid of him. I am proud of you for fighting your way off that binge because it is kinda like an alcoholic taking a drink...just one sometimes can send your strenght spiraling but you didnt let that happen!

Jiffy i am glad everything went well with your mom and i am glad it wasnt you or your doggie in trouble this time. Do you still carry your inhaler? And do we need to start in on you about your protein?????LOL
Old 09-20-2003, 11:19 AM   #5  
Crazy Canuck

Apryl, I can see you writing a book one day about all the angst you faced in your teenage years and yet came through it all to become a wildly successful adult (I want an autographed first edition please).

Great to hear that you've found a new roost for all your geese mthr - that must be a load off your mind. And good for you for losing those pesky stress pounds so quickly - you've done me proud. As for your daughter's comment, admit it, it cracked you up (I know it did me)

Hope all goes well on the business front jiffy - sounds like an interesting (albiet secretive) venture. What I love about your posts is how no matter the unheaval going on in your life, you always seem upbeat and manage to keep a humorous tone. That kind of mindset just has to be half of the battle and I'm going to keep that in mind when I'm down in the dumps about those things that go on around me that I have no control over - thanks!

Last edited by Jillegal; 09-20-2003 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:44 AM   #6  

Apryl:

My friend has had the same kind of 'bug' like symptoms for the last few weeks. But lately she's been really tired (I don't know your case that well), but health services says that sometimes people have trouble adjusting to the season changing. I don't know how true that is, but thought I'd offer it as a suggestion. And they are now trying to get her adjusted back to the new season by making sure her body knows when it's day and night. (Some weird light therapy).

I don't know how much this helps, but I've found in general that when the weather/season changes a lot of people get sick for a week or two. I hope you pull through quickly, and feel up to 100% soon.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i had a pretty horriffic night last night. i can't really type it all up for your here, too long, but here's the link to my journal:

http://gonzostar.diaryland.com/entry1018.html

basically, the short story is, i witnessed the aftermath of an accident and saw a girl die. don't worry, i'm ok, but a little shaken up, even now.

i'll read more and post more tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:15 PM   #8  
missaprylj

Omg Holly, that is so horrible. i can only imagine how traumatized you must be. Thank God you and your friends weren't injured.

Old 09-21-2003, 12:59 PM   #9  

Hey Holly, bless your heart. That is very very awful. I'm so sorry you had to witness that.
Old 09-21-2003, 02:40 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Holly, I'm so sorry...I can only imagine how terrible it must have been.

When I was a senior in high school, my mother and her boyfriend were almost killed by a drunk driver. They were on a motorcycle at the beach and came around a curve and smacked head-on into this drunk ******* who was on the wrong side of the road. My mom's boyfriend was thrown through the guy's windshield, and my mom was thrown about 150 feet. Had she not been wearing a helmet, she wouldn't be here today. My mom was in the hospital for three months and in a wheelchair for another six months and will never walk right again - but at least she will walk.

Just a thought...you should consider sharing your story with high school students right before Prom season. If you contact your local chapter of M.A.D.D., they will point you in the right direction. It might be theraputic for you, and you will save some lives.

Big hugs...
Old 09-21-2003, 03:42 PM   #11  
JML
Success Story!!!

Holly, what a horrible experience!!! It's really making me think --- that I need to cherish the lives of those around me and not take anything for granted.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:51 PM   #12  

Holly, So sorry that you had to suffer through that, but I'm thankful that you're okay.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:27 AM   #13  

Good luck on your move, MG! Hope all goes well and your family settles in quckly and effortlessly.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:50 AM   #14  

Thanks so much Anagram!! We started this weekend and we'll be working on it this week. Moving has got to be on my top ten list of things that I hate to do, but I'm thankful we found a good place to move to, so I can't complain. DH will be home on Tuesday and Wednesday, so we'll be doing a big portion of the move then.

I am definitely making time to work out all week though. The boxes can sit while I exercise!! I don't want another lapse like I had last week, so the YMCA comes before all else!
Old 09-22-2003, 02:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

so yesterday's grand pedometer total was....

18,125!

that's BY FAR the biggest number i've ever seen on it. all i did was walk around marine world all day, and go salsa dancing at night. heh. but i certainly felt like i got my exercise in. i was majorly tired at night.
Closed Thread