Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 11:14 PM   #1  
Fighter

Smile Please think good thoughts for me!

Well, girls, tomorrow I'm going to be at the park all day for our huge Pagan Pride Day festival, which means that all the food vendors are going to have delicious-tasting diet-wasting goodies/junk everywhere! I am on Phase I, so I can't pack a sandwich or anything, and I don't have a cooler to keep my salad cold. Despite that, however, I'm bringing a salad in a tupperware container and hope that it will still taste okay even if it's room temperature and limp. I must repeat this mantra to myself: I will not give in to temptation, I will NOT give in to temptation.... anyway, if y'all could send some good diet vibes my way, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for your support!!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 11:53 PM   #2  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Will do!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! Drink lots of water, and most of all HAVE FUN!!!!
Old 09-20-2003, 12:58 AM   #3  
Spreadin' the luv.

Sending out "I'm not hungry. I can't smell." vibes to you all day tomorrow...
Old 09-20-2003, 01:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

You can do it, Harmony! I second the 'drink lots of water' advice.
Old 09-20-2003, 01:15 PM   #5  
Imagine...

Be strong, you will succeed!
Old 09-20-2003, 02:34 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

You can do it.....just eat before you go and bring whatever OP snacks you can with you.

Have fun!!!!
Old 09-20-2003, 07:19 PM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Think about where you want to be and then think "is what I am thinking of eating worth it?"

You can do it!
Old 09-21-2003, 08:23 PM   #8  
Fighter

Thanks so much, everyone! Your advice was great, and definitely helped... although, the lovely salad and cheese sticks I packed for lunch ended up left in the fridge, but someone was grilling burgers and I had one of those without a bun. I know it's not great, but if I hadn't eaten anything, I'd have majorly binged when I got home, and may not have made wise choices. I did have a brain lapse and accidentally ate a granola bar before I even realized what I was doing, but luckily, it seemed to have done no damage. I stepped on the scale today and still lost a pound since last week. Thanks again!
Old 09-22-2003, 07:05 AM   #9  

Glad you managed to have fun but stay OP
Old 09-22-2003, 07:56 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

It was good that you ate something, and sometimes in the situation where we need to eat we just make the better choices. I don't think a bunless hamburger would be bad on any plan.

You do the best that you can in the moment, and enjoy your life, because that is what this is about, not just about a diet.

Good JOB!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 04:14 PM   #11  
I want candy

Harmony, can I hijack your "good thoughts" thread, please?

wtf?? I look in the mirror, and I look down at my legs and I just KNOW that I look better. I just KNOW that I've lost weight. It can't be my imagination, can it? Especially since my DH is always telling me that I see a woman twice the size of what I actually am.

Yet . . . when I step on the scale, it doesn't budge. Not an oz. grrr. This is frustrating.

And the weekend is coming up (it's actually started for me since I don't work tomorrow), and I ALWAYS lose it on the weekends because I'm a "Weekend Lush." Sigh.

Help!

Last edited by Lesbia; 10-02-2003 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:07 PM   #12  
Spreadin' the luv.

Wink Dear Lesbia...

Poor thing.

I'm going to assume that you're as much a veteran in the "diet lingo" as anyone else, so I won't bore you with the whole muscle-weighs-more-than-fat, you're-shaping-and-toning-and-it-might-not-show-up-on-the-scale stuff. Though it's true. Oh, and I forgot this one: you-may-be-retaining-water-wait-it-out factoid. Though that's true, too.

Anyway. I DON'T KNOW why the scale isn't budging for you, but I'M SURE AS **** SORRY FOR YOU that it isn't. Doesn't it ab-so-LUTE-ly blow? Poor Lesbia.

I have no idea what you weigh or how far along you are in your journey to fitness (I'm guessing farther than me), and those are big factors, too, but you're doing good work on yourself! Keep doing your thing, forgive your foolish moments, and just put one foot in front of the other. Start again every five minutes if you have to. I sure do. Sorry for all the platitudes, I don't mean it that way. Basically what I'm trying to say is that your present situation with the scale sucks and I'm sorry and you just have to keep on.

Weekend binges: my attitude is "so be it". I just eat/drink what I want to eat/drink and exercise until I feel better if I feel too guilty and sloshy after. Drink a lot of ginger tea if I've eaten/drunk too much. Life's too short, to me. I'm not going to go to my favorite pub and have a salad and a cup of tea. I'm going to go and eat some fries and drink my favorite wheat beer and talk to my husband. After I've MADE SURE that that's what I really want to do. Listening to what I want/need and acting accordingly is part of my struggle with eating healthfully. And I don't eat healthfully some of the time, but if I'm eating something "bad", I make damned sure I'm having a good time doing it or it goes in the trash.

Hope no one throws me off the forum for my...epicurean attitude.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:35 PM   #13  
Fighter

LOL, I totally agree! And Lesbia, there have been many times that I just KNOW I look smaller, only to step on the scale to see that A) I haven't lost weight, or B) I've actually GAINED weight! (that one really ticks me off) Just hang in there. That's what everybody always tells me, so I am, and I've made progress. Just slow progress, but hey, it's better than gaining weight!
Old 10-02-2003, 05:51 PM   #14  

Hang in there Lesbia - sometimes your body shape starts changing before the scale shows a loss - I haven't lost a lot but my skirts are starting to feel more loose

I often have thought - "I know I've lost this week!" and then been disappointed at weigh in when I haven't lost anything or worse gained!

It happens to most of us
Old 10-02-2003, 05:59 PM   #15  
I want candy

Cerise, you're awesome. And, yeah, my reason is telling me that, because of my job, I'm gaining muscles. But I want to see a lower weight number, dammit!

But yeah, you're right. And I didn't even think about retaining water! I'm drinking the old 8 glasses a day, but I'm also in my TOM, so that may be it.

Harmony, check your PM's, please? And thanks for sharing this thread, hon.
Closed Thread