Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 09:05 PM   #1  

Default ???'s about Blue Bunny & Laughing Cow

I read someone's post a while back regarding Blue Bunny products. I have bought them in the past and knew the yogurt has Splenda as the sweetener. The frozen treat bars had aspartame as the sweetener, does anyone know if they still do or now have Splenda in them? The nearest Super Walmart that carries them is pretty far away for me to check. So if anyone knows could you please let me know? (I prefer to use sucralose rather than aspartame). Also, someone mentioned Sam's Club having Laughing Cow cheese. I did go there but all they carried was the regular not light. Maybe some Sam's carries different products? BTW while at Sam's I noticed the liquid egg substitute in larger packaging & was much cheaper than at the grocery store, also they had a nice roll of Canadian bacon, much cheaper too.

I think it would be nice if we had a thread of info like that. I really appreciate hearing about new food ideas, products and good deals that I can get that pertain to this WOE. Having its own thread would make it easy to find such info.

I hope all of you are having a good evening.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:22 PM   #2  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, Snoozin!

In response to your question about Blue Bunny products:

I love the Blue Bunny yogurt with Splenda, and I also know

that they carry the ice cream bars called Health Smart that are

FF and sweetened with Splenda. They are delicious, and come

in about 3 flavors.

I think a "Sticky' about Acceptable Food info. would be great! Pass the word on to Ruth.....she's our moderator.

I love it when we share great finds with each other!

Talk later......
~Sharon
Old 09-19-2003, 10:22 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Done! Can I please go to bed now? I'm on overtime!
Old 09-20-2003, 01:31 AM   #4  

Ruth , Thank you, now please go to bed!!

To All Beach Chicks:

Please use this sticky to post any new or favorite products that you have used and like and are acceptable on SBD (and mention where you buy them). If you use these products in a particular way that you may think others would enjoy, please share the info. If you have a useful tip about something SBD related, please pass it along too. If you have a recipe though, please list it the SBD recipe section. Also, if you find any of the food items we use at a really good price, please pass that on as well.

We can all benefit by knowing what's out there.

Some of the products may have been previously mentioned in other posts, But this sticky will be especially helpful to all the new chicks on the beach.

Hopefully this will be a reference thread that we can go back to to find that type of info easily. If we get a lot of response, the sticky may need to be divided into categories. We'll see...

Since I'm here already, I'll start with the first things that I'd like to share, I have more, which I will post tomorrow, but I want to go to bed too!

1. I was at Sam's Club yesterday and found liquid egg substitute in a bulk pack and a big roll of Canadian bacon for a LOT less than in the grocery store.
2. The ricotta cheese I buy is from the fresh meat counter at my local grocery store. It is fresh and comes in thick slices by the pound and IMO is way tastier than the stuff in containers (although I haven't tried them all). If you like coconut flavor, try using it in your ricotta creme and stir in a few slivered almonds. I also tried a dash of cinnamon and a few walnuts pieces for an equally good taste experience!

more later...nighty, night!
Old 09-20-2003, 10:08 AM   #5  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Oh-h-h, Ruthie.......

You're an Angel!!

I know this "Sticky" will be helpful to all of us.

Hope you got some sleep, but it's A.M. now....

so get up, already!

Thanks for sharing, Snoozin!

~Sharon
Old 09-20-2003, 10:15 AM   #6  

Post New products

I am not sure if this is new or not ,but i just love this bread.
Natural Ovens Bakery Golden Crunch Low Carb Bread.
It has 70 calories per slice
4 grams Fat (0 saturated)
7 grams carbs
4 grams fiber
2garms sugar..

I try only to have it once day..it really is good..
Old 09-20-2003, 01:14 PM   #7  
Imagine...

To go along with the bread try smart balance buttery spread no carbs, no trans fats and quite tasty I found this at my local grocery store (stop & shop) in Connecticut, USA.

Sorry Ruth

Last edited by sflake; 09-20-2003 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-20-2003, 01:30 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Could you please let folks know where you bought the products.
Unfortunately, very few are available outside the USA.
Is the dark side of the moon in the USA?
Old 09-20-2003, 02:06 PM   #9  
Imagine...

Yes Ruthie it is There hun I fixed it. And I'll send ya some if you want
Old 09-20-2003, 02:58 PM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

This thread is a great idea Snoozin'. Thanks

Yesterday I found some low carb snack crackers. 1 gram of carbohydrate per cracker. Called Andre's Carbo Save.

Ingredients are, Soy, Almond, & Hazelnut flour, Water, Canola Oil, Zanthin Gum, Granulated onion and salt.

Found them in the Diet food section at our Albertsons. They are good with some Laughing Cow cream cheese.
Also processed them into crumbs to use in stuffed mushrooms. I'll let you know how they turn out. Lizzie

Andres's Bakery, Forest Hills, N.Y. 11375

www.carbosave.com

Probably those gals on the other side of the moon could order on line. :
Old 09-20-2003, 03:02 PM   #11  

Okay fellow chicks here we go with a few more tips:

DaVinci SF syrups, many flavors & they are good. Available in 6.3 and 25.4 oz. bottles. The larger bottles are by far the better price value. Found at Super Wal Mart, some grocery stores, you will have to check your area, and on the internet. I have purchased some SF items from Carbsmart.com and Netrition.com(although it has been some time since). Some of the low carb sites have a lot of SF products. There is also SF flavored gelatin made with Splenda that comes from Australia that is good. Bajabob.com has decent SF Margarita mix in bottles.

Best price I've found on Splenda packets at Sam's Club.

As cjar855 mentioned, Natural Oven's has wonderful bread products, high in fiber. As always though, you must read labels carefully, to be sure it goes with theSBD plan. Natural Ovens is based in Wisconsin.

Droste (dutch) Cocoa powder is also a good find. It only has 15 calories & 1 g fat per tablespoon. I like to mix 1 tsp. into the ricotta creme and also in my decaf coffee with splenda and splash of the Land'O Lakes fat free half and half. Yum. There again only some grocery stores carry it. A local store, Strack and Van Til carries it my area, but you may have to look around.

IF YOUR LOCAL STORE DOES NOT CARRY PRODUCTS YOU WANT--
Go to the customer service counter and request the item be stocked. You may not get all the products you want, but some stores really do try to be helpful. Give them as much information about the product so they will be more inclined to help. Keep asking and keep checking, cheerfull persistence can pay off.

ALSO, keep in mind that if you can't find a product where you think it should be, ask at the service desk, it may be somewhere you might not have thought of.

I'll send more later,
Old 09-20-2003, 03:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Diet Rite Soda is made with Splenda and isnt that bad tasting....reminds me of Store Brand Colas.......
Old 09-21-2003, 02:56 PM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

I checked into that web page for the Andre's crackers, and it seems to me that they are quite expensive on line. I have to check and see just what I paid at Albertsons. I just wanted them, and didn't pay much attention. But the stuffed mushrooms were very good. So they did serve the purpose. Lizzie
Old 09-21-2003, 09:55 PM   #14  
Enthusiasm is contagious

I found a salad dressing that is pretty good. It's made by Walden Farms...and it is SF...0 Carbs....3 gr. fat....2 TB. =40 cal.\
It comes in several kinds. We've tried Thousand Island, and Balsamic Vinigrette. Very good. I believe they also have a Blue Cheese. I found it in a local grocery, and WalMart. If you don't find it....ask. WalMart is pretty good about stocking a request.

~Sharon
Old 09-23-2003, 05:36 AM   #15  

Hello Chickies! Here aremy food "finds:

Fabulous low fat cheese!: CABOT'S VERMONT CHEDDAR CHEESE (THIS IS CREAMY IN COLOR AND HAS 50% LESS FAT) IT TASTES BETTER THAN THE REGULAR CHEESE! I GET IT AT THE GROCERY STORE IN THE REG. CHEESE DAIRY CASE. IT IS INEXPENSIVE, TOO!

RICOTTA CHEESE: SORRENTO FAT FREE RICOTTA (IN THE DAIRY CASE AT GROCER'S)

MARGARINE/BUTTER FOOD: MOVE OVER BUTTER (IN A TUB, IT'S SAME AS SMART BALANCE IN SPECS, AND IT TASTES AWESOME!) CHEAP TOO! IN GROCER'S DAIRY CASE.

CRACKERS: PREMIUM SALTINES MULTIGRAIN CRACKERS~~YUM!

ANYONE KNOW WHERETO FIND LOW FAT OR FAT FREE MAYONNNAISE WORTH EATING? I TRIED KRAFT "JUST 2 GOOD" MAYO
AND IT WAS "JUST TOO YUCKY"!

ALSO, I CANNOT EAT SUCRALOSE (SPLENDA) OR ASPARTAME (NUTRASWEET) DUE TO HEALTH REASONS. i CAN HAVE SACCHARINE (SWEET AND LOW). SEEMS EVERYONE USES THE OTHER TWO SWEETENERS IN THEIR PRODUCTS!!! I AM LOOKING FOR FROZEN TREATS, AND ESPECIALLY SOFT DRINKS, WITH ONLY SACCHARINE IN THEM. ANY IDEAS? TAB AND FRESCA HAVE BOTH SACCHARINE AND ASPARTAME COMBINED. ARRGGGHH
Closed Thread