Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 09:02 PM   #1  

Default Moderator Introduction

Hi Everyone,

Suzanne has recently asked me to moderate all the ww threads and forum and I have gladly accepted.

I thought it might be nice to tell you all a little about myself.

I am 40 years old and a single mother of 3 daughters, ages 19, 10 & 9. I also have a grandson who just turned a year old who lives in Virginia Beach with his mother, my 19 yo. I don't get to see them much and I miss them terribly.

I have struggled with my weight since I was approximately 14 years old. I have tried tons of diets but the one I keep returning to is ww, I have had great success in the past with ww. I am currently struggling to get back on track with ww. I am up 20#'s from a year ago but am still showing a loss of 44 lbs from my highest weight and I will not climb any higher. I am determined to get back on track and start losing again.

I am currently involved with a wonderful man with a fantastic 13 year old son, I am hoping to spend the rest of my life with them and become a family. Right now we have a strong friendship and we will see if it develops into more. We definitely enjoy eachothers company a lot.

If you have any questions regarding the forum or if you see any problems arising on any of the threads, please send me a PM and I will respond as soon as possible. I will be checking the forum almost every night.

Thank You
Brenda
aka Punky
Old 09-03-2004, 01:15 PM   #2  
LaPew

Default LaPew

Hi Punky, I am new to this so I might need some help.

My name is LaPew, I am 57 years old and have struggled with my weight most of my adult life. I take it off and then put it back on before I know it.
I am a lifetime member of WW, this past Monday I started going back to the meetings and I am in process of learning the new system.I am sure that I will be able to take it off again and I hope this time I can keep it off.

I am hoping that this will be an additional support line for me. Thanks for being here.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:51 PM   #3  

Hi Lapew, it is so nice to see you on the boards. I certainly can relate to your struggle. I am a yo-yoer and always have been, It is such a struggle to keep it off. I think you will find the boards very helpful and please feel free to visit the Night Owls thread, it is pretty quiet right now but you never know, it gets rocking sometimes and the thread is atleast 7 years old, probably quite a bit older but time passes quickly. Just check around the threads (topics) and see what interests you, everyone is very helpful around here.

Brenda
Old 09-18-2004, 05:49 PM   #4  

Hi I am new to the group. I have hypothroidism and I weigh 265 and would like to lose down to 120 lbs... Does anyone have any suggestions for me. I would love some support and help.....
Old 09-18-2004, 07:21 PM   #5  

Hi Letalea,

Welcome to the boards, you have come to the right place. I am sure you will find someone with information to help you out. Just check out the different topics and jump right in when you find one or more that you are interested in. I have never met a group of more friendly and helpful ladies than I have seen on this board. You will be welcomed wherever you go here.

Have fun,

Brenda
Old 09-21-2005, 11:40 PM   #6  
wannaBaloser

Default newbie

Punky Brenda,
I am a recent joiner, this is my first message. I have a variety of borderline ailments and my doctor has said i must get serious and lose. I have had a weight problem most of my adult life and have just played around with the same pounds for decades. Now i tried for a year and became despondent at not getting anywhere. So perhaps some kindred problems will encourage me to try harder.
wannaBaloser
Old 12-28-2005, 11:30 PM   #7  
Moonchick

Arrow Newbie

I'm brand new on the boards and desperate to lose over 100 pounds so I can breathe and walk better. I'm retired and have Lupus with arthritis, so it's critical that I get some weight off and begin to feel better. I'm hoping this forum will be the friend I need.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:29 PM   #8  
creations

I'm a Newbie
I'm a member of WW(rejoined time and time again). Lost 10 lbs before the holidays and regained most of it. Have a 100 lbs plus to lose for health reasons including arthritis. I"ve been overweight most of my 59 years and don't want to start my 60's that way.
creations
Closed Thread