Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 08:52 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of Sept. 15

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, or are losing, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join, you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

JOYce, how was the tea party? You and your family are always doing such fun, creative things!! And congrats on going back to WW!! That is just terrific. Re: the post, I figured it out; somehow, the computer you used during your visit to post, retained your login, I guess as a "cookie". Then when I posted, it automatically logged me in as you! I've deleted the cookie, so it shouldn't happen again.

Linda, great to hear from you! Sounds like things are going well!

DH, Dad and I had a great visit with my sister this weekend. Didn't do anything exciting, just enjoyed being together. She also upgraded my workout to include more lower-body exercises, and showed me how to use the BalanceBall that has been sitting here shrink-wrapped for so long! I wouldn't have had a clue how to use it, myself! So now I'm all resolved to do my weight routine three times a week. DH and I also walked this weekend at the track, and went to a WW meeting in SA super-early Sat. morning. (We were home before DS woke up!). I lost almost two pounds, and am about two from nopay; will keep fingers crossed for next week!

Gotta run ... hope everyone has a great week! Hi to Bandit, Bluvsu, Nascar Girl, Maharet, Tonya, Texaslady, Janet, Carol, Dawn, and Hottie! Hope to hear from everyone soon.

Regards,
Jan
Old 09-15-2003, 12:30 PM   #2  
Inchworm

Angry

Good morning!
The 'picnic ' teaparty was lots of fun. ..with touches of 'elegance'.
Our individual 'box lunches' that were at each place, held only the eatig utensils and a ticket for door prizes. We went thru a buffet line to get our food. The owner of the tearoom is a WW'er too, so there are always OP choices.

JAN, I'm glad you figured out the 'cookie' situation.
I'm pretty pleased with the way I handled a different cookie problem! 11 yr old dgd and I made cookies to send to dgd in USAF, and of course, they are always tempting sitting there in the kitchen! so I vacuum packed them with my food sealer! I think they will travel well that way too. (I amaze myself sometimes.)
I'll send them today and see if it works as well as I hope!

YIKES! that was spooky, sitting here talking about her cookies and she called from school! She is doing well, and has passed her first big tests. I must get with it and get her cookies packed and get to the P.O.!
Old 09-15-2003, 10:15 PM   #3  

JOYce, WTG on handling the cookie problem so well! Glad to hear your dgd is doing so well in her classes. I'm sure she'll be thrilled with the cookies you sent!

Things are going well here. I did the new weight routine & balance ball stuff, except for a few moves that need tube thingies, which I ordered online today. Walked 30 min. on the treadmill while we watched a movie and then finished my daily journal. So far so good!

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!
Regards,
Jan
Old 09-16-2003, 11:44 PM   #4  
Inchworm

Default Going AWOL

I need to go tend to some business regarding my Mom and her fall, and future care for her. I talked to her tonight, she is grumpy, but I think better off than my sister led me to believe. i will see for myself tomorrow.
JAN, good going with your newly updated workout! I would probably fall off the balance ball! Talk to you next week.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:01 AM   #5  

JOYce, you have a safe trip up to see your Mom; I hope she will feel better soon. She is so fortunate to have such a concerned and loving daughter! Take care of yourself, now, and don't overdo or tire yourself out. I know this is a difficult time, with your Mom going from assisted living to a conv. home, but it will be safer for her, I'm sure.

Pretty quiet in here ... let's hear from y'all! How does everyone like the new Flex plan?
Old 09-20-2003, 10:41 PM   #6  
Inchworm

Question TOO QUIET!

What's up?
I thought there would be lots of news when i returned.

I had a good trip, mother is settled in her new placement and in pretty good spirits. It will jsut take time. (I think and hope)
Thanks for your good thoughts Jan.

ttyl
Closed Thread