Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 10:14 AM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default Question Of The Day 9/11

Is there anything you feel you are not ever going to be able to eat again due to a control issue, or a trigger?
Old 09-11-2003, 11:31 AM   #2  

Oh yes! Brownies is one thing i CANNOT have. It has always been a food that leads to more for me. I have had some cookies and some of the other favorites in moderation but brownies just do me in! Oh and home made Banana bread....MMMMM!
Old 09-11-2003, 11:36 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

No, I cannot do this with an "exclusion" attitude. I will take a "hardly ever" attitude to many things such as brownies. Them is my weakness!!
Old 09-11-2003, 11:58 AM   #4  

I think it may be ice cream for me. If we have it one evening I litterally crave it every night after until I go without it for awhile.

Lisa
Old 09-11-2003, 12:04 PM   #5  
beautiful

i think i am one of the lucky few that do not have this issue. i can usually control myself. it just depends on whether or not i WANT to control myself. i can easily limit myself to 3 M&M's and never look back but if i'm not in a caring mood i'll eat more than 3.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Not so much can't eat, but I can't have a bag of cookies (or anything cookie-like) in the house. I can eat one cookie that I buy at the store, but I can't bring home a bag of cookies. So far that's the only thing.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:10 PM   #7  

I don't think there's any one thing for me, but it can be anything. If I don't have a specific plan for eating for the day, I'll just eat and eat and eat, and of course it's all junk food. I can easily go through an entire bag of Oreos, or a 1 pound bag of M&M's. If I figure something like 2 Oreos into my eating plan, then I'll stop at 2 because I know that's my limit for the day. I just have to have decided on a limit before I start.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:33 PM   #8  
Spreadin' the luv.

For me, it's pasta. I have a bad habit of boiling a lot at once and then horking it all down. Can't stop. Even if I make it for a meal, I have to make some for lunch and store it in the fridge, but then I nibble, nibble, nibble on it...

But I won't exclude it. Noooo. The best thing for me is to spoon it out on my plate for dinner then immediately put the rest in a container with sauce. The sauce makes it not so easy to nibble and takes some of the appeal away. I always liked pasta better plain...
Old 09-11-2003, 12:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

there is nothing i won't eat again, but some of the things you guys have mentioned are trigger foods. pasta - gotta measure and it takes a LOT of control. cookies - yeah, i don't buy them.

and the other thing for me is chinese food - i can only allow
myself to go to a chinese restaurant once in a blue moon, because even with tons of planning, it never goes as planned.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

You bring up a good point with restaurant eating, Holly. I love Szechuan food, but when we go out for Chinese food now, I order egg drop soup and chicken with broccoli. I like them well enough, but they're just not Kung Pao or General Tzo's Chicken. So I definitely don't eat as much, but I'm still enjoying the fact that I don't have to do the dishes!

I figure once I'm in a maintenance mode, I will try to add the Szechuan stuff back, and see if I can deal with not eating every bite on my plate.

I also have a thing for peanut noodles at my local Thai restaurant, and I overeat when I order them. So instead I order tofu pad thai, which I like, but definitely not as much, so I don't eat as much.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:59 PM   #11  
Searching

Hello My name is Chris and I am extremely addicted to sugar. The simpler the carbohydrate the more likely it will cause an over eating binge. Main things that trigger major overeating;cereal, white bread, cakes, potato chips, and pasta(with pasta it doesn't even matter if its whole wheat). So I spend time detoxing from these things and hopefully this TIME I have learned my lesson.

Miss Chris
Old 09-11-2003, 01:11 PM   #12  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

There is nothng off limits. There is only moderation.

(although peanut butter & cheetos come to mind)
Old 09-11-2003, 01:34 PM   #13  
Losin It For GOOD!

I have only had one item with "BEN AND JERRY'S" written on it (A Cherry Garcia Peace Pop) since February 2002. And I know I cannot have B&J's in the house. I will eat an entire carton in one sitting.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:22 PM   #14  

The eetos do it for me: Fritos, Doritos, Cheetos. Even the baked or reduced fat kinds. Can only buy single serving bags and one at a time (no family packs for me!) chips in the house will be consumed within two days regardless of the amount.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:38 PM   #15  
Searching

SAPF peanut butter is a good one. I do fine if I cook with it. Peanut butter and ginger, peanut butter and lite cocunut milk, even peanut butter in oatmeal and I am fine. A peanut butter sandwich and I am off to the races, I love grilled PB and bannana sandwiches. PB and Jelly is also good. PB, bannana and chocolate syrup on graham crackers. I am so sick ;-)

Miss Chris
Closed Thread