South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 08:17 AM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Think Thin Challenge-Day 15

Time to get serious, recruits! We need to take our old, outdated ways of thinking and give them the boot!

Time to examine our thinking patterns and see how well they measure up. Key in on your weak spots and exploit your stong ones. Concentrate on winning the battle and the war will take care of itself!

Examples of THINKING and ACTING THIN:

Be active. Make regular activity an integral part of your life. Find something you really enjoy and you'll be more likely to stick with it!

Incorporate healthy alternatives into your diet. Go for the leanest meat, the lowest fat milk, the choices that fit YOUR plan.

Get the stress out! Don't let stress sabotage your efforts. Take a walk, have a talk, punch a pillow!

Group therapy. Exercise or enjoy activity with friend or family.

Get creative in the kitchen! Make over your favorite recipes to reflect your new WOE!

Be crafty! Add meaningful or fun hobbies to your routine. Life is about so much more than our weight!

Be a kid again! Or at the very least, reconnect with a kid or kids! Let their natural joy spill over onto you!

Play nice. Don't say anything to yourself that you wouldn't say to a dear friend. That doesn't mean don't be truthful, it means being accepting and understanding. We deserve that from ourselves!

I am so happy to see all the activity minutes and miles rack up! I have noticed a real change in my own attitude about exercise. Last night I actually felt let down that I only had time for 30 minutes or so...and then doubly disappointed when I didn't get a lunch break so had to forego lifting weights! It wasn't "well, I guess I had better work out." It was "great, if I hurry I can get in a quick workout before work!" I have worked out off and on (mostly off) for a while, but I never got to the point where it felt like part of me. It was always a means to an end..a way to lose weight. Now it is just so different!

If you read my "Elmer Fudd" post you know I am facing a different kind of challenge this week. It ticks me off no end that I have to rethink my whole WOE! I was in the groove...but I'll get it back! I have to adapt, that's all. So, I'll go eat my oatmeal and go to bed.

Have a wonderful day, and give some serious thought to whether you really think thin or just think "lose weight."

Activity, day 14- 30 min

Group activity so far this week: 910 minutes

I have to go back and see if I can sort out which minutes were for which days...but you get the picture!
Old 09-11-2003, 11:07 AM   #2  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Thanks for the great post, Franny!

Today, I'm getting back to a more normal day of going to the gym (in about 15 minutes) for weights and treadmill for an hour. I need to do some stuff around the house later....cleaning, etc. I will think "lean thoughts" during my activities.

For dinner, my DH just told me he is taking me to this Oriental restaurant we love to have stirfry. I will request NO MSG to be added, and I can pick out the type of meats or seafood, and veggies that I want. It's my treat this week in Phase 2. I got the idea from the SBD book!

Breakfast and lunch will be done sparingly in thoughts of this evening!

Have a great day..........~Sharon
Old 09-11-2003, 12:35 PM   #3  

Franny, it is a major accomplishment enjoying exercise ... not feeling like it is something you have to do but something you want to do ... see how easy it is to change our mindsets!!!

Only getting 45 minutes today ... already did it this morning before work ... have class tonight so can't get to the gym.

Have a great day all!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 03:09 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Yikes! I had a nap!

No activity today, but my muscles are aching from yesterday's workout. And I'll be working them out again tomorrow...

All I've eaten today is two bowls of chicken balls. With ketchup. They were so good. I'm going to go and make a healthy dinner... right now!!

love to all of you... sorry so short... sleepy...
Old 09-11-2003, 03:20 PM   #5  

Angry exercise

Hi Everyone,
The pedometer is a great dieting tool. I love checking to see how many steps I've done throughout the day. I walked about 2 miles this morning (45 minutes). I hope to convince DH to go on another walk with me after dinner so I can make my goal of 10,000 steps for the day. Walking also is a great time to meditate and have uninterrupted thinking. It is a good thing. Is that thinking like a thin person?
koalabear
Closed Thread