Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2001, 09:58 AM   #1  
Parrothead

Talking

Well I decided to start the thread aince I've been so delinquent about posting lately. I guess I've been so wrapped up with work that I haven't had time. I just found out a couple of days ago that the CEO didn't approve my cruise. My boss approved it, but the A**hole CEO didn't! Keep in mind that this is the same CEO that still hasn't paid us our Q3 and Q4 bonuses (fraud). AND he is one of the ones constantly making vulgar comments. I have made the decision that I am going to go on the cruise regardless, I just may not be working there when I get back! No worries, I know I can find something better to do. Maybe its fate telling me to change careers. On a better note, my girlie checkup went well. I love my new doctor and she was very supportive of my quitting-smoking efforts. She got me the prescriptioni to Zyban right away and gave me a bunch of free samples. So, 2 weeks from yesterday is my official quit date. Wish me luck.

Congrats to all of the recent losers! I feel a big loss fo me this week because I actually exercised. I'll find out Tuesday. I've tried making the low point 'rita, but the one I made didn't taste so good. I'm back to the drawing board (shucks!)

The NCAA march madness is so big in the office right now. Mostly because all of the founders graduated from Duke. I'm more of a football fan myself (Texas A&M), so I don't get into b-ball as much. Stacy ~ I wish the sooners the best of luck since they are a fellow big 12 team.
Belle ~ awesome on the loss!

Brenda ~ I had quesidillias last night too! I did the cheese one since it was friday. I LOVE Mexican food! My gall bladder doesn't like it as much, so I usually get ill after.

Well my computer is acting up now. My home set up is a vintage 1994 model, so it doesn't like the web-browsers as much. It was brought up on Pine and Gopher for internet surfing, so she has a hard time adjusting to Netscape.
Have a great weekend all!
Kay
Old 03-17-2001, 11:07 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Default Happy St-Patty's Day!!!!!

Hi Y'all!

Weigh-in went very well, and then I had KFC for supper, okay not so great, but I honestly ate maybe about 1/3 of what I used to have of it and I came in at 13 points for the meal so it wasn't so bad.

I have no green clothes which isn't great, well except for undies but that's it. So I am wearing green in spirit.

Kay: I am so sorry about the CEO of your company, hopefully something can be arranged. Congrats though on trying to quit smoking!!

To everyone else, have a super weekend!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 03-17-2001, 11:24 AM   #3  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hi!!

I did good last night and stuck to my origianl plan! I'm so proud of myself. I had oatmeal and milk this morning. I'm going to see my best friend so I'm going to pack some carrots. I have no idea if she will suggest going to lunch or not, but must be mentally prepared. I don't think I have anything green either, but I have to raid my closet. Oh wait...I have a hunter green sweatshirt!

Kay: Don't you just love Corporate America? I know my boss is going to have a major issue with when I need to take some of my vacation b/c of month end close. Grrrr....good for you for realizing there are probably greener pastures out there.

Gotta jump in the shower. I'll check in later.
*hugs*
Old 03-17-2001, 01:23 PM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Ah, went to WI and I was up a little. See, I just new my eating plan was not working. I guess I will try to do it the way that Ww intended. (he he)

Anyway, good job brenda on staying with plan.

Kay, it does sound like it might be time for a new job.

Ali: great job with wi.

Ok, need to go get hubby at the airport. I am so glad he is home.

trish
Old 03-17-2001, 01:27 PM   #5  
CM
Chick

I’m am so far behind I am responding to Wed Thurs and Fri posts. So this is my post for Wednesday.

Kay- I’m from Northeast Arkansas, a little little town no it’s smaller than that, a community near Jonesboro. I also didn’t lose much this week and I’m not sure why. My leader looked at my journal and said she was impressed because I write down every little bite. But she thought I would have lost more too.

Becky- That’s great about you’re loss.

Emily- I love your signature about Noah and the Titantic, v. cute.

Lolly- Hi hope you’re having a good time in Spain wish we were all there.

Jen- I’m happy for you, I know what you meen about being at the wrong meeting. My leader does Wed and Thurs so if I have to go another day I leave.

Brenda- I’m glad you’re going back.

Trish- All big gathering are hard for me too, weddings are the worst because it seems like everyone just eats and eats. But tomorrow is a new day and you’ll just start over fresh.

Lisa- you don’t sound like a cow, I am so aware of food. I was watching my very very thin friend cook dinner one night and the whole time I was thinking hamburger meat 6 points, cheese ? points how will I know what to count this as yarghhh, macoroni 3 points you know- or maybe I’m crazy.

Kim- Congrats. Onward I’m trying to get to 25 too. But you know I think they should have more little marks, like 5lb 10lb 25lb then it jumps to 50lb! That’s not fair we need a 35 and 45 or something in there. I guess I’ll just make my own. I know what you mean about skinny people I have a friend who is 5’8” and about 115 lbs and is always saying she is getting fat and needs to lose weight.

Stacy- I agree, down with Rosie! I don’t eat beaver but we eat an awful lot of wild turkey, duck, and dear meat.
Old 03-17-2001, 02:11 PM   #6  
CM
Chick

Thursday

Lisa- It’s great that you could turn down all that food, you have more willpower than me. I have been at WW for 9 weeks and have lost 22.25lbs. But I know that’s not normal.

Steph, Jules- Congats on the loss.

Brenda- have you ever eaten wild turkey, my BF killed a huge one last year and it was delicious much better than storebought not gamey at all. I also love wild duck we have great duck hunting here.

Jen- there is no lottery for permits on turkey here. Does your DH ever travel to hunt. Enjoy your trip.

Becky- I hope you feel better now. I hate to work when sick. I know what you mean about people saying are you supposed to eat that. When I turn down something My BF goes can you not have bread, can you not have slaw. And I have to explain again and again.

Tonya- My fingers are crossed.

Kim- Thin Mints aren’t that bad 4 are 3 POINTS. That is ours in Ark though I hear different regions have different bakers.

Emily- I wish I could get BF to do something like that with me but I understand why he wouldn’t want to so I don’t even ask, he walks about 10 miles every day at work and is pretty pooped when he gets home.

By the by I went to WI Wed and lost .75 lb, but got discouraged because last time my losses slowed I gave up. So after WI I went to eat Chinese and gorged myself , then I got upset and went back to meeting which was over and told my leader and she looked over my journal and helped me out. This week she wants me to try to eat veggies better(I hate them, especially free ones, the only ones I eat without prodding are potatoes, corn and peas) and watch my bread.
Old 03-17-2001, 02:34 PM   #7  
CM
Chick

Friday

Suzanne- I’ve been getting comments too but I don’t seem to see it as much. I think it’s because I see myself all the time and it’s easier to notice something on someone else. I’m a binge eater too but I’m getting better. I’ve only done it once in along long time.

Lisa- congrats on the coat I just got back into some jeans from High School

Way to go Belle

Becky- Dotti also has alcohol POINTS.

Stacey- March Madness is over for me the Hogs lost first game . I swear if they’re up at the half they lose, down they win.

Kim- Dotti has GS cookie POINTS also. Thin Mints are 4 for 3 points.

Does anyone know when Bridget Jones movie comes out in America?

Well BF and myself are going out to eat tonight but I am worried about POINTS, leader suggested I stay at about 24 this week so I have 19 left but we can go to some pretty fatty restaurants.
Old 03-17-2001, 04:33 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default NEW PUTER

ok after weeks well a week without a puter i have my brand spankin new one woowooo Im making this short b/c i have to find an outfit to wear tonight for St Patricks day
Im waiting on some bloodwork to see if i have diabetes or a thyroid problem as i asked my doc for meridia I will check in later
Hugs
Kierie
Old 03-18-2001, 04:40 PM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Sunday and I'm at work

Is anyone around today? I'm working today. It's not too bad, since I only work 4 days next week and leave for Florida on Friday!

I'm sorry to say I didn't do anything for St. Patrick's Day. B/f was working until 1 a.m., and I was so exhausted from the previous week I didn't feel like calling any friends. So I rented a few movies and hung out with my dogs. But I'm a little ashamed ... my last name is O'Brien! I should have been celebrating!

Thanks for supplying me with Thin Mint points, Casey! Now I don't feel so bad about eating 4. I could have had another 4 and been OK!

Well, I better get back to work. I have a story to write. Actually, a nice little non-crime story. It's a feature of 90-year-old man recognized by his church for being a Boy Scout leader for 38 years. A bunch of his scouts came to see him ... it was sweet!

See ya, girls!
Old 03-18-2001, 05:01 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default I'm An O'Brien too ;)

lol well i should be working today but last night was a bit festive ahem
Closed Thread