General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 11:39 PM   #1  

Default WW or South Beach?

I'm trying to decide which one would be best. I keep waffling between the two. I've read the South Beach book and I know how weight watchers works. I just can't decide which one would be best for me. I've read posts in both the WW and SBD forums so I feel like I'm well informed. Has anyone tried both? Thanks!
Old 09-09-2003, 12:36 AM   #2  

JDD, I am doing both. i mix alot of my plans. in fact doing them and counting calories to. i like the SBD and i also like keeping the ww points . so if you want just do them. we are all so different i just always take plans and work them around me. good luck to you.. LaDean
Old 09-09-2003, 11:26 PM   #3  

LaDean,
Thanks! I guess I might try both. I suppose it can't hurt.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:06 AM   #4  

JB: My advice is to get on one and try it for several weeks and if you don't like it, try the other. You'll never know until you try!
Old 09-10-2003, 10:06 AM   #5  

JDD. GO FOR IT.. this is what i am doing and i am losing. so we just like i said take them and work them around us and our bodies. i think it will do ok for you. as with ww you eat what you want just points. the SBD you do after first phrase. so let me know how it goes. LaDean
Old 09-10-2003, 01:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/166/158

Height: 5'6"

Hi! I am currently on day 2 of south beach and I like it so far (easy to say at the beginning). I have done the WW points before, and it worked, but it was slow. The bonus there is I could eat pizza if I really wanted it. Pasta? Just count it. With SB (at least phase 1), there's not a whole lot of flexibility. I am trying SB because 90% of the weight I am carrying is in my belly and I hate it! Even on WW, it didn't seem to go away that much. I'm hoping this plan will help me cut the gut. Time will tell. Either way you go, I'm sure you will do well! Good luck!
Old 09-11-2003, 12:21 PM   #7  

Imax, yes i have been on the SBD and you do lose in the middle and gut. so go for it. its a good plan. If you also like to search other sites with it on it and all. i do. then heres a good one that has a special message board with lots of people on it and alot of info and help to. its www.diettalk.com good luck and have a great day. LaDean
Old 09-11-2003, 02:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/166/158

Height: 5'6"

Thanks! Is good to hear from someone who has tried it!

Day 3 and still goin' strong!

- Leslie
Closed Thread